08-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Winning Ugly.
:gulp:

MUsoxfan
Yikes! I'll take them any way they come:cool:

jdm2662
Wow, why can't KC lay down to die like all other crappy teams do. Oh well, take them as you get them.

Patrick134
Hey it happens. He walked a guy. And give Berroa credit, he fouled off a lot of good pitches. Nice job Bobby.

MUsoxfan
Wow, why can't KC lay down to die like all other crappy teams do. Oh well, take them as you get them.

The Sox are notorious for playing to the level of their competition

salty99
08-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Time to go into Minny and take care of business. :bandance: :bandance:

4th Gen. Sox Fan
:winner
Nice to see Mark pick up his first win since June 27

walrus
whewwwwwwww

PorkChopExpress

The question is why do they lay down and die for the Tigers but not us. They play us like they're contending. Hard fought win, I think.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 04:54 PM
The Sox are notorious for playing to the level of their competitionIsn't that the truth?:angry:

XOS THW
FEEEEWWWWW Game ovAr. Damn Jenks, what are you trying to do to us???

Chicken Dinner
It seems like every pitcher we have is scary.

CaptainBallz
:smile:

That's about the smile I can muster after the previous couple games. When we face KC again, it will be too soon...

Moving along...

MM2112
08-17-2006, 04:55 PM

then let's hope they step it up this weekend!

Honestly, the Royals have been playing good ball lately, and what do they have to lose when they play us?

It's just too bad Boston couldnt of helped us out a bit, but I guess it coulda been worse

Patrick134

We play a little worse than usual maybe, but give kC credit. They come to play against us, and play well usually.

4th Gen. Sox Fan
The question is why do they lay down and die for the Tigers but not us. They play us like they're contending. Hard fought win, I think.
Because the Sox are the defending champs and everyone wants to beat the champs

caulfield12
08-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Well, Game 1 looms huge in this series, we take down Boof Bonser and we assure that we're still ahead in the WC no matter what happens on Saturday and Sunday against Radke and Santana.

Vazquez and Santana looks a lot like Bernero/Contreras, which is why you line 'em up and play.

And hopefully the Rangers can take out their ex-teammate Rogers.

Still, not good at this point in the week when we're "hoping" to stay even with the Tigers from where we were on Sunday. Nobody would have predicted this.

jdm2662
08-17-2006, 04:57 PM

They have a solid line-up and solid players, but their pitching is beyond crap. No reason why the Sox hitters weren't pounding them this series. Oh well, it's over. On to Metradump.

theONUkid
08-17-2006, 04:58 PM
:twinslose

WC lead back up to 2 games. Lets make it a 4 game losing streakin this weekend and put the Twinkies 5 games back. Oh, and Go Rangers!

cleanwsox
08-17-2006, 04:59 PM
All starters now with 10 wins. Good to see, although it took Mark quite awhile to get it.

CYGarland20
08-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, Game 1 looms huge in this series, we take down Boof Bonser and we assure that we're still ahead in the WC no matter what happens on Saturday and Sunday against Radke and Santana.

Vazquez and Santana looks a lot like Bernero/Contreras, which is why you line 'em up and play.

And hopefully the Rangers can take out their ex-teammate Rogers.

Still, not good at this point in the week when we're "hoping" to stay even with the Tigers from where we were on Sunday. Nobody would have predicted this.We definitely needed this one. And Freddy needs to set the tone tomorrow with a W, especially considering we got Radke then Santana after that

Dan Mega
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
This one was waaaay to close at the end. The Sox should have walloped their pitching but it wasn't meant to be. 2 out of 4, better than 1 or none.

kobo
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
It's just too bad Boston couldnt of helped us out a bit, but I guess it coulda been worse
If the Sox win, all will be taken care of. Can't rely on other teams to help them out.

WS in 05
08-17-2006, 05:02 PM
We definitely needed this one. And Freddy needs to set the tone tomorrow with a W, especially considering we got Radke then Santana

boof first

CYGarland20
:twinslose

WC lead back up to 2 games. Lets make it a 4 game losing streakin this weekend and put the Twinkies 5 games back. Oh, and Go Rangers!Another Golden opportunity this weekend to gain some ground in the WC, with Boston and NY beating up on each other for 5, and us in Minny for 3. SWEEP EM SOX!!!

caulfield12
Further good news, we're going to miss Bonderman next week.

It will be Verlander, Rogers, Miner, Robertson.

Our starters will be Contreras, Buehrle, Garcia and Garland.

Looks pretty favorable. Three rematches as the rotations line up again.

soxrme
08-17-2006, 05:04 PM
They swept Boston not long ago, they can hit!

BeviBall!
08-17-2006, 05:04 PM
This win feels like 5 wins.

Baby Fisk
08-17-2006, 05:05 PM
I'll take a win over a loss any day, I don't care if it's ugly or not. They all look the same in the standings. No complaining today! :bandance:

caulfield12
And they didn't lay down for the Indians, their bullpen blew two of those games, one game they gave up 11 in the first inning but that's the way it goes sometimes, as evidenced by last night's start.

bluestar
The question is why do they lay down and die for the Tigers but not us.

I'll probably get blasted for this, but I don't think they "lay down" for the Tigers. It's just that the Tigers aren't so overconfident that they take beating other teams for granted. Their hitters would have knocked those pathetic Royals pitchers around like the AAA bums they are. Leyland will not accept anything other than 100% effort out of those guys. The White Sox did not give anything near a 100% effort in this series, in my opinion.

robiwho
08-17-2006, 05:07 PM
That 9th nearly killed me. Nice to see Mark get the win.

caulfield12
I also think a letdown was inevitable with the intensity we saw over that 6 game stretch against the Yankees and Tigers.

For instance, if Teahen played for the Yankees, Ozzie wouldn't have thought about letting MacDougal stay in...they would have brought in Thornton.

russ99
Ugly game today, but the Sox got the win and hopefully the monkey off their back.

I expect a greater effort and much better results vs. the Twins this weekend, and also a notch higher with their best chance for the next month to gain on the Tigers during next week's 4-gamer.

Time to kick some butt again. :D:

daveeym
I'll probably get blasted for this, but I don't think they "lay down" for the Tigers. It's just that the Tigers aren't so overconfident that they take beating other teams for granted. Their hitters would have knocked those pathetic Royals pitchers around like the AAA bums they are. Leyland will not accept anything other than 100% effort out of those guys. The White Sox did not give anything near a 100% effort in this series, in my opinion. Same with Boston last week eh? :rolleyes:

CYGarland20
08-17-2006, 05:08 PM
I'll probably get blasted for this, but I don't think they "lay down" for the Tigers. It's just that the Tigers aren't so overconfident that they take beating other teams for granted. Their hitters would have knocked those pathetic Royals pitchers around like the AAA bums they are. Leyland will not accept anything other than 100% effort out of those guys. The White Sox did not give anything near a 100% effort in this series, in my opinion.well the Yanks just lost 2 of 3 at home vs Baltimore, thats not much better, but considering we pummeled them, it's somewhat significant

caulfield12
08-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, Boston had the excuse of being on the road...that's about it. But we came THIS close to losing three games in a row to the Royals.

The season series is only 10-6 Sox.

caulfield12
08-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Almost forgot, Buehrle got his first win since June, correct?

JB98
08-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Buerhle had to battle his ass off today, but it's good to see him finally get a win. All day long, we seemed to be one mistake away from being in serious trouble, but pitchers got key outs when they needed to.

Good job by the offense to tack on insurance runs in the late innings. We needed them. Pods presence on the basepaths spooked the Royals into throwing a 1-0 pitchout to Konerko. Once the count went 2-0 to Paulie, they had to give him a good pitch to hit. Paulie delivered an RBI double, and that proved to be the difference.

Nice game for Konerko. A couple of key RBIs today.

Lip Man 1
08-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Nothing is easy with these guys but a win is a win is a win. I'll gladly take it. Cleveland not rolling over for a change was an added bonus.

Regarding the road trip I have absolutely no idea how they'll do...they can go 6-1 or 1-6, with this schizoid bunch who knows.

As for me I'll be more then satisfied with 4 of 7 provided two wins come versus Minnesota.

Lip

caulfield12
Dye looked like a RH version of Dan Pasqua today with that blast to LF off Perez...they said it was 430 something, but it seemed farther.

bluestar
Well, Boston had the excuse of being on the road...that's about it. But we came THIS close to losing three games in a row to the Royals.

And Boston has some key injuries right now, and their pitching is suspect.

KC is generally a much different team at home than on the road, too.

We scored a combined 2 freakin' runs off two pitchers with ERAs over 8 and 10, respectively!

Anyway, I'm happy for the win today, and more than ready to forget this series.

caulfield12
08-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Well, then it's going to be against Bonser and Radke, because the odds of winning the Vazquez/Santana match-up are not the best in the world.

JB98
08-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, then it's going to be against Bonser and Radke, because the odds of winning the Vazquez/Santana match-up are not the best in the world.

The odds of Bernero beating Contreras yesterday weren't very good either.

caulfield12
08-17-2006, 05:16 PM
Pretty much every start for Jason Johnson is an automatic loss....just like Sidney Ponson for the Yankees.

Both of them start tomorrow in the doubleheader.

I wouldn't mind the Yankees winning five of six.

Brian McRae, Royals' announcer, claims that Buehrle looks hurt, pitches aren't crisp and he's nibbling too much. Location is off...

Oh, well, he said Ozzie was going to lose his clubhouse last year too.

caulfield12
08-17-2006, 05:17 PM
That's why I made the remark in another thread about nobody thinking we could lose to Hernandez and Bernero with the pitchers we had on the mound and the way they'd pitched recently.

batmanZoSo
08-17-2006, 05:25 PM
That's why I made the remark in another thread about nobody thinking we could lose to Hernandez and Bernero with the pitchers we had on the mound and the way they'd pitched recently.

Even Hawk and DJ were practically laughing at the start of the Vazquez/Hernandez game, adding "but you still gotta play the games." You sure as hell do I see.

I don't think we've ever roughed up Santana, so it's bound to happen one time. Christ, we face him 5 times a year, you'd think sooner or later... But if we get a good performance out of Vazquez and can manage at least two runs off Johan while making him throw pitches, we can go to work on the bullpen. That's how we "beat" him earlier this year. I'm beginning to think that's the only way we can do it.

MsSoxVixen22
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Another nailbiter! Glad we came out on top this time! Now let's take care of the Twink's! :bandance:

Baby Fisk
08-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Even Hawk and DJ were practically laughing at the start of the Vazquez/Hernandez game, adding "but you still gotta play the games." You sure as hell do I see.

I don't think we've ever roughed up Santana, so it's bound to happen one time. Christ, we face him 5 times a year, you'd think sooner or later... But if we get a good performance out of Vazquez and can manage at least two runs off Johan while making him throw pitches, we can go to work on the bullpen. That's how we "beat" him earlier this year. I'm beginning to think that's the only way we can do it.
He can also be beaten with magnets. I'm just saying.

hawkjt
08-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Ozzie said the biggest play of the day was BA cutting off that double in left center in the 9th. Hope Ozzie takes this to heart and puts BA out there every day for the pitchers peace of mind.

Clutch, Paulie.

Britt Burns
08-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Not the prettiest win, but I'll take it. I'd rather the Sox win against the good teams (as they have done recently) and play mediocre against the bad ones than vice versa. Let's see if Freddy can keep his rep as a big game pitcher going tomorrow...

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 05:31 PM

I don't think we've ever roughed up Santana, so it's bound to happen one time. Christ, we face him 5 times a year, you'd think sooner or later... But if we get a good performance out of Vazquez and can manage at least two runs off Johan while making him throw pitches, we can go to work on the bullpen. That's how we "beat" him earlier this year. I'm beginning to think that's the only way we can do it.That's absolutely the way to do it. You don't need to beat Santana - you just need to outlast him. As long as your starter keeps you in the game and you can make him work, you can beat him once he tires and you can beat their bullpen.

DickAllen72
08-17-2006, 05:32 PM
We definitely needed this one. And Freddy needs to set the tone tomorrow with a W, especially considering we got Radke then Santana after that

Yep. Sox need to win six out of the next seven. Let's start it off with a win tomorrow.

ode to veeck
08-17-2006, 05:33 PM

Gee, that's only a .625 dominance and the Sox will never make the playoffs that way ***!?!

Actually, in general it makes for a more refreshing post game thread after the W for sure

DickAllen72
08-17-2006, 05:34 PM
That's absolutely the way to do it. You don't need to beat Santana - you just need to outlast him. As long as your starter keeps you in the game and you can make him work, you can beat him once he tires and you can beat their bullpen.

The way to improve your chances against Santana is to load up the lineup with lefties against him. I wonder if Ozzie has learned this yet.

Mohoney
08-17-2006, 05:36 PM
That's absolutely the way to do it. You don't need to beat Santana - you just need to outlast him. As long as your starter keeps you in the game and you can make him work, you can beat him once he tires and you can beat their bullpen.

Yes, BUT you better score in the 7th and 8th. If you're down going into the 9th, Nathan's awesome, too.

Chicken Dinner
08-17-2006, 05:37 PM
10 very important games looming in the future. 8 home run balls thrown by White Sox pitching is way too many, especially when we only got 5.

Chicken Dinner
08-17-2006, 05:38 PM
The way to improve your chances against Santana is to load up the lineup with lefties against him. I wonder if Ozzie has learned this yet.

Ozzie does righty/lefty. Haven't you learned this yet.:smile:

DickAllen72
08-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Nothing is easy with these guys but a win is a win is a win. I'll gladly take it. Cleveland not rolling over for a change was an added bonus.

Regarding the road trip I have absolutely no idea how they'll do...they can go 6-1 or 1-6, with this schizoid bunch who knows.

As for me I'll be more then satisfied with 4 of 7 provided two wins come versus Minnesota.

Lip

For some reason I feel more confident when the Sox play a "big" series against a good team than when they play the lesser teams that are supposed to be easy.

DickAllen72
08-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Ozzie does righty/lefty. Haven't you learned this yet.:smile:

All too well! :(:

35th&Shields
08-17-2006, 05:40 PM

Let's all try and remember that this KC team just swept the Boston Red Sox. They've been playing decent ball recently. We'd all like to have seen a sweep of 3/4, but a splits a splits. I'll take it.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 05:44 PM
The way to improve your chances against Santana is to load up the lineup with lefties against him. I wonder if Ozzie has learned this yet.All his splits bear this out. What's so hard to understand?

JB98
08-17-2006, 05:47 PM

We beat Santana 17-7 in early 2004. That's the only time we've really roughed him up. We beat him 2-1 later in that season.

As you indicated, the 7-1 victory we had over Santana earlier this year was the result of scoring five runs off Roids Rincon.

JB98
08-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Pretty much every start for Jason Johnson is an automatic loss....just like Sidney Ponson for the Yankees.

Both of them start tomorrow in the doubleheader.

I wouldn't mind the Yankees winning five of six.

Brian McRae, Royals' announcer, claims that Buehrle looks hurt, pitches aren't crisp and he's nibbling too much. Location is off...

Oh, well, he said Ozzie was going to lose his clubhouse last year too.

Last Saturday, Buerhle struck out seven of the first 10 Tigers he faced. If he was hurt, would he be able to do that? McRae is a former Cub. He can go jump in the lake for all I care.

vegyrex
08-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Lets get them twinkies next!! :bandance:

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Last Saturday, Buerhle struck out seven of the first 10 Tigers he faced. If he was hurt, would he be able to do that? McRae is a former Cub. He can go jump in the lake for all I care.I hear he really loves the Na-Na-Hey-Hey song.:cool:

nebraskasox
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
All his splits bear this out. What's so hard to understand?

3.82 ERA vs. L, 2.93 ERA vs. R. Almost a full run higher vs. lefties.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
3.82 ERA vs. L, 2.93 ERA vs. R. Almost a full run higher vs. lefties.ERA splits are ridiculous. But WHIP, BB/9, BAA are all significantly stronger against righties.

Mack in CF and Gload in RF!!!!!!

Chicken Dinner
08-17-2006, 05:55 PM
All his splits bear this out. What's so hard to understand?

3.82 ERA vs. L, 2.93 ERA vs. R. Almost a full run higher vs. lefties.

Ozzie won't do it......Look.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060725&content_id=1574790&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home

batmanZoSo
08-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Ozzie won't do it......Look.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/wrap.jsp?ymd=20060725&content_id=1574790&vkey=wrapup2005&fext=.jsp&team=home

But how do Pods, AJ, Thome, etc. fare historically against him? That's what matters.

voodoochile
08-17-2006, 06:00 PM
So far a perfect day. Everyone the Sox wanted to lose lost and of course...

:winner

You don't get points for style in this game.

One more to go. Go you Rangers!

:):supernana:

Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
The sun shine in...

:)

JB98
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
But how do Pods, AJ, Thome, etc. fare historically against him? That's what matters.

Thome has lit him up twice this year. I know that off the top of my head. I'll leave the research to someone else.

SoxSpeed22
08-17-2006, 06:04 PM
A win's a win. Damn KC. And Paul Byrd didn't give Cleveland's bullpen a chance to blow it in the 9th, so we're 2 up going into Minnesota.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Ozzie won't do it......Look.Look at the individual batters vs. Santana:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=4280&teamId=4

Pablo and Cintron have actually done decently against him. Pauly might as well take the night off. While Santana might generally do worse against lefties, OUR lefties can't hit him at all. AJ and Pods are collectively 2 for 20. So regardless of what the overall splits say, you probably want to play Ozuna in LF. I'd still keep AJ in there, though, since even if he doesn't hit him, he at least breaks up his rhythm in the middle of the order.

DickAllen72
08-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Look at the individual batters vs. Santana:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=4280&teamId=4

Pablo and Cintron have actually done decently against him. Pauly might as well take the night off. While Santana might generally do worse against lefties, OUR lefties can't hit him at all. AJ and Pods are collectively 2 for 20. So regardless of what the overall splits say, you probably want to play Ozuna in LF. I'd still keep AJ in there, though, since even if he doesn't hit him, he at least breaks up his rhythm in the middle of the order.

Breaking up Santana's rhythm is the major reason to bat lefties against him. The sample size of most of our lefties against him is too small to say that they can't hit Santana. The Sox have not had much success against him going predominantly righty anyway.

SOXSINCE'70
08-17-2006, 06:14 PM
This was ugly,but as Al Davis says,
"Just win,baby".At least the Sox did that today.

slobes
08-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes!!!

Boy if we had lost this one I don't what I woulda done.

Hopefully we can gain some momentum with this win?

chisoxfanatic
08-17-2006, 06:16 PM
That was a decent game considering what we've seen the previous two games; but, I just wish we'd see this team bash in the brains of the lowest of the competition. That's just unacceptable.

Hopefully we see the same Sox this weekend as we did last weekend. I hear Santana has a blister problem on his pitching hand. Let's torture him!

Jerko
08-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Jerko was in the scout seats today, and that last double play was a thing of beauty in person. GREAT move walking Pudzielanek. Having Pods pinch run worked out well too.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Breaking up Santana's rhythm is the major reason to bat lefties against him. The sample size of most of our lefties against him is too small to say that they can't hit Santana. The Sox have not had much success against him going predominantly righty anyway.Look through the guys who have had success against him and they're pretty much all righties, though:

Bengie Molina: 11/23
Reed Johnson: 9/16
Carlos Lee: 9/29
Mike Sweeney: 11/37
Gary Sheffield: 5/13
Jason Veritek: 6/13
Casey Blake: 11/35
Magglio Ordonez: 12/30
Frank Thomas: 6/16

About the only lefties I could find that hit him well are:

Ichiro Suzuki: 10/26
Raul Ibanez: 10/25

slavko
08-17-2006, 06:28 PM

That's a thought, considering that Garland's shoulder problem starting the season was kept "secret."

Frater Perdurabo
08-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Great win!

Now, let's go VANQUISH the Twins.

TomBradley72
08-17-2006, 06:30 PM
We can't over react to splitting a series with the "lowly" Royals. Baseball history is filled with mediocre teams playing the role of spoiler against a contender: the DRays did it to Cleveland last year, the Royals just swept the BoSox a few weeks ago, in 1927 the 6th place Cleveland Indians had the best record of any team in the AL vs. the Yankees, in 1970 the last place San Diego Padres had the best record of any NL team vs. the Big Red Machine...it's the nature of baseball. That's why the worst teams still win 60 and the best still lose 60.

We lead the Wild Card...and the Tigers are still in our sites...:gulp:

JB98
08-17-2006, 06:31 PM
That's a thought, considering that Garland's shoulder problem starting the season was kept "secret."

It's a thought, but it's a completely ignorant thought.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 06:33 PM
It's a thought, but it's a completely ignorant thought.Picky, picky.:tongue:

soxlover
08-17-2006, 06:36 PM
It's a thought, but it's a completely ignorant thought.

Could not have said it better!!:D:

JB98
08-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Picky, picky.:tongue:

Well, am I wrong? Being a member of the media myself, it kind of disgusts me when I hear commentators/writers make irresponsible statements. It's ridiculous to see a pitcher struggling and just blurt out, "He must be injured." Such a statement has no basis in fact, yet everyone believes it.

Everyone has a theory as to why Buerhle has struggled. But Mark says he's healthy, and I believe him.

caulfield12
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Well, the funny thing is that Liriano was throwing just as hard or even harder when he was supposedly injured.

I think with Garcia, everyone would rather he WAS injured, that would make it easier to explain.

OTOH, Verlander has seemed to lose a little velocity and command in the strike zone over the last four weeks.

Wsoxmike59
08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Nice win today. I thought Jenks should've never been in the 9th inning jam, it looked like he had Berroa struck out and then he ended up singling to extend the inning. I felt the Royals got 4 outs in the 9th.

Great day all around, Sox win. Mansoo Lee signed my hat today before the game, AND gave me an autographed ball to boot. (and a man hug! :o: ) What a swell guy!

Thank you White Sox and Mansoo Lee.

nysox35
08-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Look through the guys who have had success against him and they're pretty much all righties, though:

Bengie Molina: 11/23
Reed Johnson: 9/16
Carlos Lee: 9/29
Mike Sweeney: 11/37
Gary Sheffield: 5/13
Jason Veritek: 6/13
Casey Blake: 11/35
Magglio Ordonez: 12/30
Frank Thomas: 6/16

About the only lefties I could find that hit him well are:

Ichiro Suzuki: 10/26
Raul Ibanez: 10/25

Bring Back Frank!!!

:hurt
"I'll show you a diminished skills clause"

LongLiveFisk
08-17-2006, 07:04 PM

And don't think it doesn't annoy the **** out of me. :angry: :angry:

Jerko
08-17-2006, 07:06 PM
And don't think it doesn't annoy the **** out of me. :angry: :angry:

Well, LLF, I agree with you that it's VERY annoying, but the next 10 games are vs. Min and Det, so hopefully, the Sox will play UP to them. Let's beat their butts.

gobears1987
08-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Wow, why can't KC lay down to die like all other crappy teams do. Oh well, take them as you get them.As hard as it is to believe, the Royals have become a .500 team ever since they got their new hitting coach. I think they can easily finish ahead of the Toons next year. They aren't as bad of a team as we make them out to be. OK, their pitching does plain suck, but that lineup they have is dangerous.

Ziggy S
08-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Welcome back to the land of winning Mr. Buehrle. Make yourself at home, take off your shoes, and kick up your feet on the table if you'd like.

thomas35forever
08-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Just got back from the game. Pretty scary ending, huh? Bobby almost blew it last time I was there. Also, does anyone know why Nancy left halfway through?

Brian26
08-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Crede played great defense today. Ozuna would have had three errors today at the hot corner.

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Crede played great defense today. Ozuna would have had three errors today at the hot corner.

thankfully my work day was over in about the 7th and I went to go and get my pedicure other wise I would have probably had a damn heart attack

thomas35forever
08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Who saw the Blue Angels during Paulie's at-bat in the eighth?

LongLiveFisk
08-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, LLF, I agree with you that it's VERY annoying, but the next 10 games are vs. Min and Det, so hopefully, the Sox will play UP to them. Let's beat their butts.

I sure hope so. It's time to go in there and kick some ass! The AL Central will be ours, dammit!! :cheers:

cheezheadsoxfan
08-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Dye looked like a RH version of Dan Pasqua today with that blast to LF off Perez...they said it was 430 something, but it seemed farther.

I was at the game today. Just got home (Illinois traffic sucks bit). We were sitting in 155 just inside the foul pole. That ball dye hit looked like it cleared the crowd completely and went right onto the concourse.

Bobby played with us a little but all's well that ends well. Intentional walk to Gruzdelanick (sp) was a good move. He just kills us.

GO SOX:supernana:

cheezheadsoxfan
08-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Ozzie said the biggest play of the day was BA cutting off that double in left center in the 9th. Hope Ozzie takes this to heart and puts BA out there every day for the pitchers peace of mind.

Clutch, Paulie.

That's good to hear. Maybe it's getting thru to him that BA belongs in CF.:rolleyes:

fuzzy_patters
08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
It was an ugly win, but it was a win. Hopefully, the Sox can get back to playing well now that they are playing a good team. I believe their winning percentage is still above .600 when playing against winning teams. It should be a fun weekend.

IronFisk
08-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Also, does anyone know why Nancy left halfway through?

I think it was the stress of watching the Royals come close to winning 3 straight. :angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-17-2006, 10:19 PM
I was nervous when Ozzie called Jenks in to get the last out of the eight (fearing what he would do in the 9th) but he was able to get out of trouble just as Buehrle did early a few times. Thought it was cool Grudzielanek was intentionally walked to get to Sweeney but I liked it as Grudzielanek has killed us and Sweeney is hurting (as always) and slow which was great for the double play. Glad Ozzie was correct with both decisions.

Cool to see a MLB first (leadoff homers by each team to start the first two innings). Also great to hear Nancy Faust for more than one inning this season (her organ did not work on Opening Day after the first inning or so and she left early today - I now jinx Nancy Faust as well as the White Sox :o: ).

Updated personal attendance record:

Home: 7-6 .538
Away: 0-3 .000
Total: 7-9 .438
Record when Nancy Faust is in the organ booth: 2-0 1.000:supernana:
Playoff games Nancy Faust will be playing at: Every home game. :supernana:

Chisox219
08-17-2006, 10:26 PM
I was at the game today. Just got home (Illinois traffic sucks bit). We were sitting in 155 just inside the foul pole. That ball dye hit looked like it cleared the crowd completely and went right onto the concourse.

Bobby played with us a little but all's well that ends well. Intentional walk to Gruzdelanick (sp) was a good move. He just kills us.

GO SOX:supernana:

I was at the game also, and i was wondering if anyone caught the estimate on how far JDs homer was cuz i was sitting right behind the sox bullpen and i saw it fly over my head....BOMB

kitekrazy
08-18-2006, 01:57 AM
I couldn't understand why Alomar kept wanting Jenks to pitch to the outside part of the plate on hitters. I think that was part of the problem.

itsnotrequired
08-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Finishing the homestand off with a win is always a good thing.

Sig update time...

cheezheadsoxfan
08-18-2006, 10:57 AM
I was at the game also, and i was wondering if anyone caught the estimate on how far JDs homer was cuz i was sitting right behind the sox bullpen and i saw it fly over my head....BOMB

Someone in an earlier thread said 430 but it seemed farther.

I pretty new here too. Welcome.:smile: Much more knowledgeable fans than the MLB boards and they don't tolerate trolls.:smile:

itsnotrequired
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Someone in an earlier thread said 430 but it seemed farther.

I pretty new here too. Welcome.:smile: Much more knowledgeable fans than the MLB boards and they don't tolerate trolls.:smile:

434 was what they showed at the park.