PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh Cubs Fans

Chisox_cali
02-22-2002, 01:07 AM
Was checkin out the whitesox.com message boards and saw this wonderful peice of cub wisdom A good laugh for a Thursday Night(at least it still is in Cali)

"HI TO EVERYONE. WOW THE WHITESOX THERES A COOL TEAM, HAHAHHHAHAH NO!!!!1 tHE CUBS ARE THE BEST AND WILL ALWAYS BE!!!! THE WHITESUX ARE BAD AND FRANK TOMAS IS A BUM WHO CAN T HIT A BIG BEACHBAL!!!!! AHAHAHAHAAA AND JOSE VALENTINE MAKES SO MANY ERRORS!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD PLAYER IS, OH WAIT U DONT HAVE ANY!!!!!! SAMMY AND THE CUBS WILL WIN IT ALL U WAIT AND SEE AND THE WHITESUX FANS WILL BE CRYING!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE BASEBALL SHRINE WRIGLEY FIELD TO SEE THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL. WELL SEE YOU LATER LOOSERS!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAA"

You gotta love it. Here's the whole thread: Dumb Fans (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-whitesox&msg=6684.1&ctx=0)

:scrubs

FarWestChicago
02-22-2002, 01:18 AM
I looks like some young Flubs fan forgot to take his Ritalin. :smile:

CLR01
02-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Was checkin out the whitesox.com message boards and saw this wonderful peice of cub wisdom A good laugh for a Thursday Night(at least it still is in Cali)

"HI TO EVERYONE. WOW THE WHITESOX THERES A COOL TEAM, HAHAHHHAHAH NO!!!!1 tHE CUBS ARE THE BEST AND WILL ALWAYS BE!!!! THE WHITESUX ARE BAD AND FRANK TOMAS IS A BUM WHO CAN T HIT A BIG BEACHBAL!!!!! AHAHAHAHAAA AND JOSE VALENTINE MAKES SO MANY ERRORS!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD PLAYER IS, OH WAIT U DONT HAVE ANY!!!!!! SAMMY AND THE CUBS WILL WIN IT ALL U WAIT AND SEE AND THE WHITESUX FANS WILL BE CRYING!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GO TO THE BASEBALL SHRINE WRIGLEY FIELD TO SEE THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL. WELL SEE YOU LATER LOOSERS!!! AHAHAHAHHAHAA"

You gotta love it. Here's the whole thread: Dumb Fans (http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-whitesox&msg=6684.1&ctx=0)

I am beginning to believe there is only a handful of cub fans posting on internet mb's. I find it hard to believe almost all of them are this retarded.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I looks like some young Flubs fan forgot to take his Ritalin. :smile:

Yeah, shouldn't this kid be flying his Cessna into the side of a tall building?

:cool:

bc2k
02-22-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Hey ChisoxCALI, that scrubs pic of yours is nice. Any chance you can make t-shirts out of that logo? Sell it on WSI. I would love to have that t-shirt for the sox/scrubs series.

RedPinStripes
02-22-2002, 02:52 AM
It's that time of year again. The trolls will be out to make them selves look like idiots again. Same crap, different year. According to them, the Cubs were supposed to win the last 10 WS.

DVG
02-22-2002, 04:49 AM
In defense of the classy Cub fans out there (and there are some), I would have to say that that posting and other lame-
brained posts are probably put up by 12 and 13 year olds with nothing better to do after school. From the looks of the post singled out, I'd say that the kid who posted it needs to get away from the computer and concentrate more on English class.

chisoxfanatic
02-22-2002, 05:18 AM
I actually had an argument with a Cubs fan at the laundrymat tonight as well! He claimed that the Cubs have "always out drawn our Sox." I had news for him! Hasn't team attendence in Chicago oscillated historically? And isn't the only time a Chicago team drew over 3 million fans in 1993, at COMISKEY PARK?

This Cubs fan went on saying that Frank Thomas is a far cry from being a HOFer. "Far Cry"??? Hell, no! In addition, he claims that the most important thing in baseball is to have a home run hitter. He says that as long as SamME hits a home run in a game, everything is all right.

This argument did not last more than 5 minutes, because this guy had nothing on me! Cub fans...what a-holes!

Heather the Redbird

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by DVG
In defense of the classy Cub fans out there (and there are some), I would have to say that that posting and other lame-
brained posts are probably put up by 12 and 13 year olds with nothing better to do after school. From the looks of the post singled out, I'd say that the kid who posted it needs to get away from the computer and concentrate more on English class.

Now you know why tigers eat their young! :gulp:

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-22-2002, 08:01 AM

Actually sounds like Christmas eve at my inlaws when cub nation is full war paint. :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-22-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
I actually had an argument with a Cubs fan at the laundrymat tonight as well! He claimed that the Cubs have "always out drawn our Sox." I had news for him! Hasn't team attendence in Chicago oscillated historically? And isn't the only time a Chicago team drew over 3 million fans in 1993, at COMISKEY PARK?

This Cubs fan went on saying that Frank Thomas is a far cry from being a HOFer. "Far Cry"??? Hell, no! In addition, he claims that the most important thing in baseball is to have a home run hitter. He says that as long as SamME hits a home run in a game, everything is all right.

This argument did not last more than 5 minutes, because this guy had nothing on me! Cub fans...what a-holes!

Heather the Redbird

Good point, Heather. Historically, the Sox have drawn as well or better than the Sox. As usual, Flubs fans are wrong.

Granted, a big advantage was given the Sox by P.K. Wrigley who refused to put lights into Wrigley Field. The Flubs played all their games during the day, which left everyone (Sox or Cubs fan) who had to work only one choice for seeing a game live during the week: Comiskey Park. That's a huge advantage across an 81 home date schedule.

Another advantage was Comiskey's higher seating capacity. Those big Sunday doubleheaders would draw over 50,000. While both ballparks elminated seats to improve fan comfort, Wrigley has always been smaller than Comiskey.

The tide turned in the early 80's. With the Tribune now blanketing most of the U.S. with WGN-TV, and the idiots Reinsdorf & Einhorn charging for a subscription service, the Cubs quickly moved passed the Sox for the city's fans and captured a national audience.

The last straw came in 1988 when night games began in Wrigley. The Sox lost their last big advantage. Now more than just drunks and the unemployed could watch Cubs games. Lee Elia had it exactly right.

:reinsy
"Nearly all of this happened on my watch, too. However, I hold myself blameless."

:ohno
"We don't."

DrCrawdad
02-22-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
I actually had an argument with a Cubs fan at the laundrymat tonight as well! He claimed that the Cubs have "always out drawn our Sox."

Cub fans...what a-holes!

Heather the Redbird

Your friends have been drinking Cubbie KoolAid.

Excuse me while I whip this out...

1990 to present:
Sox 984-881
Cubbies 892-984
1990-1999, the Cubbies only had 2 where they finished with better records than the Sox (1995, 1998)

26 of the last 59 years, the White Sox outdrew the Cubbies.

1951-1967 the Sox outdrew the Cubbies every year except 1958!

1974-1984 the Sox outdrew the Cubbies in 7 of those years.

Here's the best part, in the last 59 years...

The Sox had a better record than the Cubbies 40 of those 59 years.
90+ Wins: Cubbies 5, WS 12
.500 or better: Cubbies 17, WS 31

bringbackrobin
02-22-2002, 08:59 AM
That's what's great about living in Texas. No, there aren't a lot of Sox fans around, but there aren't a lot of Cubs fans either.

DrCrawdad
02-22-2002, 09:11 AM
Oh, and there is this too...

The Cubbies have finished in first place only 2 times in the last twenty years 1984, 1989. In 1984 the White Sox outdrew the Cubbies.

I must have whipped that one out two dozen times in 2000.

DrCrawdad
02-22-2002, 09:25 AM
This message reminds me of the following message that was posted by a bone-headed Cubbie fan on July 30, 2001 - just before the Cubbie Collapse. One of the great things (and there are many others) about whitesoxinteractive is not having to sort thru Cubbie/Wrigley fanatic B.S.

Subject: What happened to the time this year?
Newsgroups: alt.sports.baseball.chi-whitesoxView this article onlyDate: 2001-07-30 15:27:53 PST

I just have to do this...my ChiSox fans were unmerciful last year and even
worse this winter chirping about the White Sox this and that. Well it is July
30th and the Cubs are out there putting the finishing touches on their playoff
roster and what are the Sox doing? Thinking of getting rid of Durham and
rebuilding again!

What happened this year, and don't say injuries because the RedSox, Dodgers and
the Cubs have had their share of big injuries. The Cubs had their designated
closer out for the first 6 weeks. Their 3B out for 8 weeks now, who happened
to be their best OBA hitter, and their hot hitting LF out for over 4 weeks now.

What happened was that they got their chirp in front of them.

Live and die at .500 Sox fans.

joeywpb
02-22-2002, 09:48 AM
(QUOTE)This message reminds me of the following message that was posted by a bone-headed Cubbie fan on July 30, 2001 - just before the Cubbie Collapse. One of the great things (and there are many others) about whitesoxinteractive is not having to sort thru Cubbie/Wrigley fanatic B.S.(QUOTE)
You pulled that one out of nowhere. I guess you really never forget to really dumb ones. We live in a world where anything, and everything can de documented(ask anyone who worked for Enron). So I love to see how someone can be so blind(in this case ALL scrub fans), and not see the true fate of that team just days before there demise. Did we end up w/ a better record than them??(I would not be surprised)."GO SOX"-Cali-you could make some quick change selling that sweet t-shirt. You can put me down for 3(I for each game of the series)-will be to wasted to do laundry.

hsc1
02-22-2002, 10:21 AM
its pretty sad when every single arguement i get into with a cubfan ends up with them saying, well we have a higher attendence rate than you guys do....its about time they realize that the only people who go out to "jurassic park" are drunken frat boys trying to make an impression on their buddies and tourists who have no sense of direction (cause if they did they would be 8 miles south watching real baseball) that does not qualify for a true fan base lol...the kicker is usually when i end up droping the bomb on them "we won the world series against your cubbies in the early 1900's, 1906 to be exact"... the expression on their faces alone is priceless :?: ... i never realized how many self proclaimed die-hard cubfans never knew that much about their team.... :D:

duke of dorwood
02-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Hey, who claims to have found a classy Cub Fan?

Did you see those morons in line for tickets today? And notice they always do it during the week, when all the news shows are on with time to burn?

Marketing genius

czalgosz
02-22-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Hey, who claims to have found a classy Cub Fan?

Did you see those morons in line for tickets today? And notice they always do it during the week, when all the news shows are on with time to burn?

Marketing genius

Well, Vic is a pretty classy Cub fan, but there's not many others. I respect Cub fans who know the sport, who live and die by their team, who follow prospects and get mad when the Cubs lose.

What I don't have respect for is the vast majority who come crawling out of the woodwork every 5 years when the Cubs have a better than .500 record and start talking about how great the Cubs are and how they're going to win it all. They don't even pay attention to the obvious holes in the team -

1. They don't have a leadoff hitter
2. They don't have a bullpen
3. They have 2 starters, one of whom is healthy approximately 1/3 of the time
4. Their lineup is slow and one-dimensional
5. Their manager is not very bright
6. Their pitching coach has no idea how to handle pitching prospects
7. What prospects they do have are either (a) hurt or (b) have hit a solid wall in their development.

I could go on and on, but it's pointless. The Sox have a lot of holes, as well, but at least we're smart enough to recognize them. I don't even follow the Cubs, I live 2000 miles away, and I can see how weak they are from here. Jeez...

CubKilla
02-22-2002, 10:57 AM
That post by the Cub "fan" which started this thread is a typical argument you hear from 99.9% of sCrUB fans everyday at Wrigley Field during the baseball season. "cUBs RulE, SoX suCK. HAHAHA. We HAve SHAmmY, YOu All HAvE ThE Big sKIrT. HAHAHA. WE HaVE The CLosesT THiNg To nOLaN RyAN siNCe NR hIMSelF. HAHAHA. WhO DrAWs mORe ATTendANcE WiSE? HAHAHA. At this point, the Sox fan pulls out the inevitable baseball knowledge that almost all Sox fans possess, sometimes self-effacing, but numbers which back up a Sox fans argument none the less. Similar to the way DR CRAWDAD, "Whipped this out," in regards to attendance. With the :?: look on their stupid-a$$ faces all they counter with is, "ThE Sox STilL SucK," and :gulp: another watered-down, pi$$ a$$ concoction that they call beer at Wrigley. Makes me wanna.....

:chunks

FarWestChicago
02-22-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Well, Vic is a pretty classy Cub fan, but there's not many others. I respect Cub fans who know the sport, who live and die by their team, who follow prospects and get mad when the Cubs lose.
OK, that's Vic and like one other guy. :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
OK, that's Vic and like one other guy. :smile:

I vote for Vic as classy Cubs fan. I'm not sure about any "other guy."

:gulp:

FarWestChicago
02-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I vote for Vic as classy Cubs fan. I'm not sure about any "other guy."

:gulp: I know. I was going for a "benefit of the doubt" thing there. :smile: