PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Hooray Beer!- Sox vs. Royals 8/16/06 Postgame Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Unregistered
08-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Losing 10-4 to the ****ing Royals? Two in a row to that ****ing awful minor league team? Yikes. My head hurts.

Way to step up the intensity, fellas. :rolleyes: Nice of Cintron to give us some fireworks in the 9th to avoid getting shut out AND getting beat by 10 runs by the worst team in baseball. Too little, too late, of course...

Well, at least Detroit lost, too, right? :dunno:

gbergman
That was about the only positive

batmanZoSo
:pee poor

Green
08-16-2006, 10:53 PM
Luckily I didn't get to see the game

samram
08-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Hahaha, I could have sworn at one point I saw the score was 10-0 KC, but that couldn't have been right.... right?!

Frankfan4life
It doesn't look like the Sox are ready for the big post-season show. There is room for a lot of improvement. Right now I'm just terribly disappointed.

Rikirk
My thoughts exactly...

Way to defend the title against the worst team in the AL gang.

*Golf Clap*

Kudos for stringing together the Slam, but where was that for the beginning 8 innings.

Grzegorz
This was pathetic, PK & Cinton not withstanding. The ledger continue to tilt against our boys when they come up against the weaker teams in the AL.

Pathetic... Let's hope the Twins lose; an opportunity lost...

BlackHat91
08-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Ugggghhh. The SOX are playing corpseball again.

SpartanSoxFan
08-16-2006, 10:57 PM
This team is proving to be quite the tease on a weekly basis. They show us some signs of being a postseason team by taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees and sweep the Tigers. Then they lay down by dropping 2 of 3 to a dormat, AAAA team in the Royals. I don't know how much more of this crap I can take...:mad:

jenn2080
08-16-2006, 10:57 PM
so i feel asleep and i had this nightmare that the Sox were losing 10-0 until the 9th inning. wow that was one of the worst nightmares ever. it took cintron to get a granny to make it 10-4 but i woke up screaming.

kittle42
08-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Cleveland just blew it.

billyvsox
08-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Wild card lead down to 1 as the Twins are Infield-Singling the Tribe to death as usual.

PeteWard
08-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Cleveland just blew it.

With their bulpen? As winter follows fall.

bluestar
08-16-2006, 11:00 PM
What an absolute ****ing embarrasment. This team is disgusting.

Credefan21
Come one Pollyannas... I dare you to try to put a "postive spin on things". This is just ridicilous and nothing anyone can say can make it better. Worst loss of the year to the worst team in baseball. Pathetic. I am discusted. So much for consistency. God awful. Gosh I am pissed.

ajismyhero
Night everyone! Only 13 hours to recover from this.....

Kub_Killer_15
Worst mistake in this game....Mack going in

NoShoesJoe
It's time to waive(r) bye bye to Cotts.

infohawk
That was Yougly. I don't really know what to say. I don't know what the problem is. I mean, other than the obvious of not hitting for the last couple of days. Contreras had a bad start but I am more concerned about the bats. Is it the case of the Sox struggling against pitchers who feature sinkers and soft breaking balls? Those kind of pitchers do seem to give them fits. I really just don't know.

SoxFan78
08-16-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks Cleveland

WhiteSox1983
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

Grzegorz
Big win is needed out of Buehrle tomorrow. Then onto the Twins. The next week to week and a half will tell us much about the 2006 White Sox.

All the good feelings of the weekend sweep of the Tiger is all shot to hell.

CommanderPudge72
What's worse:

Losing to a guy name Runelvys

or

Losing 10-4 to the Royals with Cheese today....

or

Having raw chicken legs dangled from your jockstrap while running through a pack of hungry hyennas?

TheDarkGundam
08-16-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm speechless.
This crap is UNACCEPTABLE.

RowanDye
08-16-2006, 11:03 PM
I know I'll get pissed on for this....but I'd almost rather just see the Red Sox keep losing right now.

infohawk
Come one Pollyannas... I dare you to try to put a "postive spin on things". This is just ridicilous and nothing anyone can say can make it better. Worst loss of the year to the worst team in baseball. Pathetic. I am discusted. So much for consistency. God awful. Gosh I am pissed.
No, I gave them the benefit of the doubt last night but two nights in a row with no offense (except for the ninth) signals cold bats. Hopefully they won't stay cold very long (translated: beginning tomorrow).

Patrick134

Uhhhhhh right. It was 6-0 before he came to bat. He was a non-factor.

SpartanSoxFan
What's worse:

Losing to a guy name Runelvys

or

Losing 10-4 to the Royals with Cheese today....

or

Having raw chicken legs dangled from your jockstrap while running through a pack of hungry hyennas?

Haha, awesome. I needed something to make me smile for a minute, if only for a minute...:smile:

CLR01
*Official* White Sox Post Game thread

If you want to talk about the Tribe blowing another game go to the talking baseball forum. This thread is for comments on the Sox game only.

SoxFan78
08-16-2006, 11:04 PM

Worst loss of the year huh? Yeah, that makes sense.

Its just another loss. Sox played down to their potential once again. Hopefully they can play for the split tomorrow.

My "positive spin on things" is at least the tigers lost. Still 6 1/2 back.

jenn2080
I'm speechless.
This crap is UNACCEPTABLE.

I dont even know what to say. It is laughable it is so bad. I cant even be mad I am so mad. This was the biggest embarassment I have seen in a while. Ozzie should apologize for this team playing like ****ing ****

greygoose
That was Yougly. I don't really know what to say. I don't know what the problem is. I mean, other than the obvious of not hitting for the last couple of days. Contreras had a bad start but I am more concerned about the bats. Is it the case of the Sox struggling against pitchers who feature sinkers and soft breaking balls? Those kind of pitchers do seem to give them fits. I really just don't know.

understatement of the century

RowanDye
I am discussted.

I fixed it for you... that was bull****!

Rikirk
The pitching needs to be rebuilt, there is no other possible answer. Keep a few standbys if you must, BUT REBUILD THE PITCHING.

PITCHING WINS GAMES, if you got the pitching...the offense will fall in line.

Obviously we didnt have either tonight.

SpartanSoxFan
I can hardly wait to tune into WSCR and hear what that jagbag, Chris "King of the Polyannas" Rongey has to say about this one...

infohawk
08-16-2006, 11:05 PM
I know I'll get pissed on for this....but I'd almost rather just see the Red Sox keep losing right now.
No, I sort of concur. There is instant gratification in knowing you are "first" in the wild card race as opposed to having to chase another team. In my ideal world, I hope the Sox eventually run up a comfortable lead in the wild card race and then catch the Tigers from there.

Grzegorz
08-16-2006, 11:05 PM
I cant even be mad I am so mad.

Now that's good... :D:

ode to veeck
08-16-2006, 11:06 PM
If you want to talk about the Tribe blowing another game go to the talking baseball forum. This thread is for comments on the Sox game only.

Yep it is and there's not much to say other than its a good thing there's a games in full season so we can forget ones like these! (and when is Mack gonna stop being platooned in CF for crissakes!)

mcfish
Ugggghhh. The SOX are playing corpseball again.The Sox are most definitely NOT playing corpseball. It was one game. Even if you want to complain about yesterday, it was 2 games. Corpseball would happen over multiple weeks at a time. And the team didn't score 4 runs - I don't care how late in the game. This offense has been shut out once ALL SEASON. I don't know how anyone can even begin to compare this offense to corpseball.

kitekrazy
Losing 10-4 to the ****ing Royals? Two in a row to that ****ing awful minor league team? Yikes. My head hurts.

The Royals did a lot of things right. The starter was usually ahead in the count. Their outfield was in the right place everytime the ball was hit.

greygoose
Has anyone heard the postgame conference yet?

infohawk
08-16-2006, 11:07 PM
You can always tell when things aren't going well for the Sox because everybody starts getting ripped on. Other posters, broadcasters, umpires and players. My ultimate telltale sign that frustration is high is when people start ripping on Hawk and Farmer for one thing or another.:D: In a way, the "ripathons" add to the character of the site!

MadetoOrta
I thought the game ended when Pods couldn't come up with the cheap hit before Grudzel>>>> 3-run homer. A very catchable ball. He catches it, its 2 out and a runner on first. Instead, he gooses a 2-0 fastball. It's 3-0 and we're on our heals again. It's about defense! I agree the good feelings from the Detroit series are long gone. A team coming into its own would have seized this opportunity. Last night Lip mentioned we might lose 3 of 4 to these stiffs. This is bad.

Finally, I am sick and tired of the Rob Mackowiak experiment. If BA hits .200 the rest of the way, I could care less! Defense makes the pitching better and it's the pitching that will ultimately decide this. I don't feel very good about the next month and a half.

RowanDye
??

Patrick134
08-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I thought the game ended when Pods couldn't come up with the cheap hit before Grudzel>>>> 3-run homer. A very catchable ball. He catches it, its 2 out and a runner on first. Instead, he gooses a 2-0 fastball. It's 3-0 and we're on our heals again. It's about defense! I agree the good feelings from the Detroit series are long gone. A team coming into its own would have seized this opportunity. Last night Lip mentioned we might lose 3 of 4 to these stiffs. This is bad.

Finally, I am sick and tired of the Rob Mackowiak experiment. If BA hits .200 the rest of the way, I could care less! Defense makes the pitching better and it's the pitching that will ultimately decide this. I don't feel very good about the next month and a half.

Mack playing had zero to do with tonight being a loss.

Chicken Dinner
So much for good pitching, good D, and timely hitting. I hate quick relapses.

JB98

No question. The worst mistakes in this game were made by Jose Contreras.

Kub_Killer_15
Originally Posted by Kub_Killer_15

Originally Posted by Patrick134

He made us look even worse miss reading the balls...we looked like a true AA team when he couldnt catch

O ya thanx Clevland 2-7 Minnesota winning in the 8th!

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:09 PM

You and I may be the only two here who believe that.

kitekrazy
08-16-2006, 11:09 PM
This team is proving to be quite the tease on a weekly basis. They show us some signs of being a postseason team by taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees and sweep the Tigers. Then they lay down by dropping 2 of 3 to a dormat, AAAA team in the Royals. I don't know how much more of this crap I can take...:mad:
That's an excellent description. They are a tease. I just don't see the lights turning ON when the playoffs arrive IF they get that far.

RowanDye
08-16-2006, 11:10 PM
OThe pitching needs to be rebuilt, there is no other possible answer. Keep a few standbys if you must, BUT REBUILD THE PITCHING.

PITCHING WINS GAMES, if you got the pitching...the offense will fall in line.

Obviously we didnt have either tonight.

Ok woah...hold your horses buddy. Rebuild the pitching? You better strap it down or ship out, b/c this is what we got for the season!

kittle42
[/i]

He made us look even worse miss reading the balls...we looked like a true AA team when he couldnt catch

O ya thanx Clevland 2-7 Minnesota winning in the 8th!

I think I met Miss Reading once. Nice lady.

Viva Medias B's
Before the Cintron slam, the true highlight of the game at the ballpark was when they were doing the limbo on the videoboard. A couple in the Bullpen Sports Bar was on screen, and they tipped their table over spilling all their beer while doing the limbo.

cbotnyse
08-16-2006, 11:11 PM
well that sucked.

CommanderPudge72
Its just another loss. Hopefully they can play for the split tomorrow.

A split against the Royals?

That is like hoping to take your sister to the Prom.

We are better than that.

bluestar
(and when is Mack gonna stop being platooned in CF for crissakes!)

Never. Everyone can see it but Ozzie, it seems.

I didn't think I could get any more angry than I was after last night's game. For the first time ever in my 29 years as a Sox fan, I think I may have to take a break for awhile. I'm just sick of this pathetic ****.

How did things turn around so quickly? We were looking so much better lately until last night, and now this ****ing pathetic ****.

jenn2080
08-16-2006, 11:12 PM
You and I may be the only two here who believe that.

i do to. the pitching sucked. the whole team played like ass. this isnt one persons fault. well thank god for cintron for getting us on the board. rob had a part but he is not completely to blame.

dagotony06
08-16-2006, 11:12 PM
The next week to week and a half will tell us much about the 2006 White Sox.

It seems like we have been repeating this statement all season. We may just have to face the fact this team isn't as hungry as last year, and they just might miss the playoffs all together. There is no way this team is gonna catch the Tigers. They better just worry about the wildcard. And if this pitching remains as inconsistent as it has been all season, we can forget the wildcard also. This doesn't look like a team that really cares about going back to the postseason. It looks like they are just going through the motions.

Chicken Dinner
08-16-2006, 11:13 PM
A split against the Royals?

That is like hoping to take your sister to the Prom.

We are better than that.

You better tell sis to find a dress because a split is the best we're going to get.

Rikirk
08-16-2006, 11:14 PM
O

Ok woah...hold your horses buddy. Rebuild the pitching? You better strap it down or ship out, b/c this is what we got for the season!

I was speaking generally....

Yeah...these guys are what we have to work with, but if they dont at least try to improve, we aint going anywhere.

Our *Ace* did not impress me tonight.

Blueprint1
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Sunday :bandance: Monday :bandance: tuesday :angry: wednesday :puking:

batmanZoSo
Never. Everyone can see it but Ozzie, it seems.

I didn't think I could get any more angry than I was after last night's game. For the first time ever in my 29 years as a Sox fan, I think I may have to take a break for awhile. I'm just sick of this pathetic ****.

How did things turn around so quickly? We were looking so much better lately until last night, and now this ****ing pathetic ****.

It looks like this team just has a hard time getting it up for weak teams. That and KC just has our number this year, much like 03 Detroit did (even though we won the series, it should've been a lot more one-sided in our favor).

But when good teams show up, so do the Sox. Maybe we'll just sleepwalk to the wild card like we have so far and then turn it up when we have to. Maybe we're the 2000 Yankees. That's what I'm going with for now. :thumbsup:

Just like beating Detroit in August doesn't matter, losing to KC in August doesn't matter either once you get to the playoffs.

infohawk
You and I may be the only two here who believe that. Count me in. I think Mackowiak becomes a convenient scapegoat for games lost for a multitude of other reasons. I'm waiting for people to start blaming Mackowiak for their cars breaking down, rainy days and using the last of the toilet paper without replacing the roll.

MadetoOrta
08-16-2006, 11:16 PM
I thought last week was supposed to show what the 2006 White Sox were made of. We went 5-1 against NYY and Detroit. This team lacks a killer instinct. Enough of this. Good night all.

Lip Man 1
08-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Totally embarassing.

The Sox are now 9-6 against K.C. this season, against a club that's going to lose 100 games.

In 2003 the nine losses to the awful Tigers cost them a playoff spot, will it be the Royals this season?

:?:

Lip

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:17 PM
i do to. the pitching sucked. the whole team played like ass. this isnt one persons fault. well thank god for cintron for getting us on the board. rob had a part but he is not completely to blame.

Rob doesn't deserve any more blame than Crede or Thome, who were both hitless tonight. I don't know why WSI scapegoats guys who make up the bottom half of our roster. It's up to the big boys, both in the rotation and in the lineup, to get things done more consistently.

I'm very disappointed in this team. I see greatness in them, but I often get the feeling they are satisfied with being just pretty good, or above average. They worked so hard to get that sweep against the Tigers, and now they are content to piss it away by not taking the proper focus in a series against Kansas City. It's frustrating.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Count me in. I think Mackowiak becomes a convenient scapegoat for games lost for a multitude of other reasons. I'm waiting for people to start blaming Mackowiak for their cars breaking down, rainy days and using the last of the toilet paper without replacing the roll.

I'm having a bad night at work this evening. Perhaps I'll blame Rob. I don't have Widger or Cliff Politte to kick around anymore.

infohawk
08-16-2006, 11:18 PM
It looks like this team just has a hard time getting it up for weak teams.
Maybe they should use Enzyte and soon enough they'll be stepping up to the plate and swinging the good wood again and again.

Grzegorz
08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
We may just have to face the fact this team isn't as hungry as last year, and they just might miss the playoffs all together.
I do not think this is an issue of who's hungry, I believe this is an issue of talent and consistency. The pitching has been up and down all year. I agree that the White Sox should build pitching from within the organization. Just as the Braves did. Baseball is won by utilizing speed, defense, and pitching...

Now back to your regularly scheduled bashing...

cbotnyse
08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
You better tell sis to find a dress because a split is the best we're going to get.well played

CommanderPudge72
08-16-2006, 11:21 PM
You better tell sis to find a dress because a split is the best we're going to get.

Ahh hell, I wonder if it is too late to get back the deposit on the tuxedo.....

batmanZoSo
08-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Maybe they should use Enzyte and soon enough they'll be stepping up to the plate and swinging the good wood again and again.

Hiyo!

Credefan21
08-16-2006, 11:22 PM
O

Rikirk has a point. We haven't had consistent pitching for a long stretch all year. You can talk and talk about last year but that doesn't matter this year. It isn't last year anymore and changes need to be made damnit.

caulfield12
Well, you don't do that by trading away Lumsden and Gonzalez.

We're stuck with what we have at the major league level, unless Broadway can really elevate his game.

Detroit has Miller and Sanchez, Minnesota has Garza and we don't have any minor leaguers capable of being top-of-the-rotation starters, at least not right now.

Jerko
After a while, I was using the "old" Royals while watching this game. Grudzielanek wasn't 10 for 10, that was Frank White. Teahen didn't have 39 RBIs, that was Brett. Good games too for Willie Wilson, Hal McRae, Amos Otis, Darrell Porter, and UL Washington too. And they didn't even need Freddie Patek or Steve Balboni. Damn Royals. :angry:

cbotnyse
Sunday :bandance: Monday :bandance: tuesday :angry: wednesday :puking:I agree.

whitesoxfan1986
A split against the Royals? That is like hoping to take your sister to the Prom. *****!!!:roflmao: the only funny thing of the night. This was a pathetic, disgusting game that made me want to :chunks

kitekrazy
08-16-2006, 11:23 PM
It seems like we have been repeating this statement all season. We may just have to face the fact this team isn't as hungry as last year, and they just might miss the playoffs all together. There is no way this team is gonna catch the Tigers. They better just worry about the wildcard. And if this pitching remains as inconsistent as it has been all season, we can forget the wildcard also. This doesn't look like a team that really cares about going back to the postseason. It looks like they are just going through the motions.

Hawk was talking about that. The Sox should be so lucky that they only lost a game in the division.

Chicken Dinner
08-16-2006, 11:23 PM
:contreras:
Coop's just lost that lovin feeling.
Why's no one blaming me like it should be.
I sucked tonight!

bluestar
08-16-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't blame Mackowiak for doing his best in a situation he shouldn't be in. I certainly don't blame Mack for the loss tonight. I still will never understand Ozzie's insistence on playing Mack out of position in CF when Mack has demonstrated time after time that he is not capable of playing the position. I know players need days off, but Anderson has already had numerous days off this season.

As I said about last night's game, and it applies again tonight, this is a collective head-up-their-asses (lack of) effort. It cannot be blamed on a single player. It seems that no one has come to the park prepared to play baseball the last two nights, and it is inexcusable.

Jerko
08-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Question: Why do the starters not warm up in the bullpen before the game anymore? Isn't that the distance you want to get familiar with? Tonight, Jose was in center, playing long toss/fielding grounders with Man Soo Lee. I NEVER saw any starter do that before this year. Warm up in the bullpen, not in center field.

champagne030

I'll disagree. Ozzie playing the 'C' lineup tonight had a lot to do with the game. Our starting OF lineup tonight is/was, by far, the worst starting OF in all of baseball. The head guy (Ozzie) says "we can win with the scrubs" and everyone take his queue. Contreras pitched liked crap, but Ozzie set the laid back attitude with a joke lineup. After last night, he needed to set the tone for the remainder on this series and he sure did. I didn't see the mass lineup changes during playoff time last season. We need one sub in the OF, at most, per day and that should be, at most, twice a week. And that sub shouldn't be Mack in CF. He didn't cost the game, but he botched another tonight, per usual.

kitekrazy
Totally embarassing.

The Sox are now 9-6 against K.C. this season, against a club that's going to lose 100 games.

In 2003 the nine losses to the awful Tigers cost them a playoff spot, will it be the Royals this season?

Lip

Who knows. Maybe KC will be the hottest team the rest fo the season.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Coop's just lost that lovin feeling.
Why's no one blaming me like it should be.
I sucked tonight!

I said earlier in the thread, the worst mistakes tonight were made by Contreras. Brutal outing. How can he be so bad after he was so brilliant against Detroit?

thomas35forever
08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
It's official: we only play as good as the team we're playing against.

Jurr
08-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Taking things lightly. Not jumping down lesser foes' throats. Not what you want to see, but hopefully it turns around tomorrow.

bluestar
08-16-2006, 11:30 PM
I'll disagree. Ozzie playing the 'C' lineup tonight had a lot to do with the game. Our starting OF lineup tonight is/was, by far, the worst starting OF in all of baseball. The head guy (Ozzie) says "we can win with the scrubs" and everyone take his queue. Contreras pitched liked crap, but Ozzie set the laid back attitude with a joke lineup. After last night, he needed to set the tone for the remainder on this series and he sure did. I didn't see the mass lineup changes during playoff time last season. We need one sub in the OF, at most, per day and that should be, at most, twice a week. And that sub shouldn't be Mack in CF. He didn't cost the game, but he botched another tonight, per usual.
I tend to agree to some degree. If one or two players slump or "lose focus" and play like ****, that's one thing, but when the whole ****ing team does it two nights in a row, I have to look to the manager for answers.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:30 PM

I'll disagree. We are playing 24 games in 24 days. We can't play the playoff lineup every day for this entire stretch.

Look at the two starting lineups tonight. Our lineup was still far, far superior to Kansas City's. Our starting pitcher was far, far more accomplished than the joke the Royals trotted out there.

The players lost this game, not the manager.

infohawk
08-16-2006, 11:31 PM

Lip
There is a parallel but also some differences. The two main distinctions are that the wild card was never in play for the 2003 team and our 2006 pace is far ahead of what the 2003 Sox were doing at this point (about 8 victories). I suppose a third consideration is that the Twins won the division that year with only 90 victories. The Tigers are having the kind of special season that will most likely not be duplicated next year.

I'd just assume win the division, but even with our struggles we may be able to take the wild card over a Liriano-less Minnesota team and a Boston team that has struggled even more than the Sox at times. That said, your point is well-taken and I'm certainly not assuming the Sox will win the wild card or that the Tigers will regress significantly.

DickAllen72
08-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, the Sox deserve whatever happens this season. If they fall short, they only have themselves to blame. Right now, they are not playing like a post season contender.

They can still win it all, but it's going to take a spectacular late season run. They can't continue to play this ugly baseball, however.

Whatever happens, happens. All we can do is watch.

bluestar
The players lost this game, not the manager.

I still say it is a collective thing. Something is wrong when the whole team underachieves this badly.

dagotony06
I don't blame Mackowiak for doing his best in a situation he shouldn't be in. I certainly don't blame Mack for the loss tonight. I still will never understand Ozzie's insistence on playing Mack out of position in CF when Mack has demonstrated time after time that he is not capable of playing the position. I know players need days off, but Anderson has already had numerous days off this season.

As I said about last night's game, and it applies again tonight, this is a collective head-up-their-asses (lack of) effort. It cannot be blamed on a single player. It seems that no one has come to the park prepared to play baseball the last two nights, and it is inexcusable.

I agree with everything you said. Mack should be starting in left field, because pods is a defnsive liabilty. He is terrible, and I am sick of seeing him run around out there on his tippy toes, like a woman. BA should be in centerfield every game, and Mack should be in left. Ozzie has no clue, that Mack isn't a centerfielder, he just can't get the right reads off the bat.

The whole team has their heads up theirs asses. this is when the captain, that being Konerko has to step up and say something, call a meeting, toss over a couple tables, he has to do something. Even Guillen doesn't seem to give a crap. Maybe the sensitvity classes made him soft.

kitekrazy
08-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Taking things lightly. Not jumping down lesser foes' throats. Not what you want to see, but hopefully it turns around tomorrow.

You might want to copy this. I'm sure it will be useful in days to come.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:35 PM
I still say it is a collective thing. Something is wrong when the whole team underachieves this badly.

Here's my feeling: Ozzie started what everyone considers the 'A' lineup last night, and we looked flat and pathetic. How do we know the 'A' lineup wouldn't have **** all over itself again tonight? I don't blame the manager for giving some other guys a chance after that bull**** performance last night.

Ozzie warned the players about a letdown. He talked about it openly in the press. They ignored him.

DickAllen72
08-16-2006, 11:36 PM
The whole team has their heads up theirs asses. this is when the captain, that being Konerko has to step up and say something, call a meeting, toss over a couple tables, he has to do something. Even Guillen doesn't seem to give a crap. Maybe the sensitvity classes made him soft.

Paulie is not the type. The Sox don't have a "sparkplug" on the team. Last year, Carl was there.

I don't know about Ozzie. Maybe all the PC crap and media driven garbage has finally gotten to him.

infohawk
08-16-2006, 11:38 PM
I hope Buddy Bell trots out the Sunday line-up tomorrow.

CYGarland20
08-16-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm very disappointed in this team. I see greatness in them, but I often get the feeling they are satisfied with being just pretty good, or above average. They worked so hard to get that sweep against the Tigers, and now they are content to piss it away by not taking the proper focus in a series against Kansas City. It's frustrating.IMO, they just pissed away last weekends sweep, and probably the division for that matter. A win tomorrow is a MUST!

Chicken Dinner
08-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Paulie is not the type. The Sox don't have a "sparkplug" on the team. Last year, Carl was there.

I don't know about Ozzie. Maybe all the PC crap and media driven garbage has finally gotten to him.

Ozzie needs to focus on the team and not Chevy commercials and "lifetime achievement" specials(with english subtitles).

CommanderPudge72
Here's my feeling: Ozzie started what everyone considers the 'A' lineup last night, and we looked flat and pathetic. How do we know the 'A' lineup wouldn't have **** all over itself again tonight? I don't blame the manager for giving some other guys a chance after that bull**** performance last night.

Ozzie warned the players about a letdown. He talked about it openly in the press. They ignored him.

So you think Ozzie did addition by subtraction.....4-2 yesterday: 10-4 today.

Don't think the shake-up shook.

DickAllen72
IMO, they just pissed away last weekends sweep, and probably the division for that matter. A win tomorrow is a MUST!

You are correct on all counts.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:41 PM
So you think Ozzie did addition by subtraction.....4-2 yesterday: 10-4 today.

Don't think the shake-up shook.

Obviously not, but that's hindsight.

PeoriaSoxFan
08-16-2006, 11:41 PM
It's time to waive(r) bye bye to Cotts.

Agreed. He is Cliff Politte now. I could also agree with about 80% of the posts in here. This game was a nightmare, an embarrassment, and a blow to our playoff chances. I don't understand this team at all. Buehrle has to be on tomorrow or I am going back on the ledge. Hopefully Cleveland beats Minn. as well.

thomas35forever
08-16-2006, 11:42 PM
****, the Twins won.:angry:

PeoriaSoxFan
08-16-2006, 11:43 PM
I agree with everything you said. Mack should be starting in left field, because pods is a defnsive liabilty. He is terrible, and I am sick of seeing him run around out there on his tippy toes, like a woman. BA should be in centerfield every game, and Mack should be in left. Ozzie has no clue, that Mack isn't a centerfielder, he just can't get the right reads off the bat.

I like most of what you are saying, but I think Mack is bad. Not much of an upgrade in LF. He is bad, bad, bad in CF. Also, his bat isn't any better than Pods from what I see. I think Pods should be hitting 9th the way he is going. Who should be leading off, I don't know.

champagne030
08-16-2006, 11:44 PM

He talked about not having a letdown on Monday and the players even talked about not letting down. We gave them a beatdown and I think that lead to being flat yesterday (you can blame the players that and the manager for not keeping on them). I have no problem giving people a rest during this consecutive game stretch, but why all in one day? I could see sitting Dye today with him being drilled the past couple of days and being an older veteran. Maybe even Thome with a sore wrist and a day game tomorrow. Easily solved by Mack in RF and Gload at 1B with Konerko at DH. The situation that really pisses me off is Mack in CF and Gload in RF....That's a joke defensively.

CYGarland20
08-16-2006, 11:45 PM
I'll disagree. We are playing 24 games in 24 days. We can't play the playoff lineup every day for this entire stretch.

Look at the two starting lineups tonight. Our lineup was still far, far superior to Kansas City's. Our starting pitcher was far, far more accomplished than the joke the Royals trotted out there.

The players lost this game, not the manager. I was fine with resting Dye for the night, but Anderson too? An outfield of Pods, Mack and Gload is pathetic. A better way to handle it, would have been to put Gload in for Dye tonite, and Mack in for Pods tomorrow.. That being said, Jose sucked anyway. But Oz sure didnt give him a chance with that piss poor outfield

Rikirk
08-16-2006, 11:46 PM
So...If the Sox are playing like this against KC...

How do you think they are gonna fare against Minnesota, or even against Detroit at home?

I should probobly not bother getting my hopes up.

Lip Man 1
JB and others:

Interesting points on the season long Sox lack of 'killer instinct' against garbage clubs.

What I'd like to know if 'whose fault is this?'

This has been going on since week one (two blown games to K.C.)... Is it the players? Is it Ozzie? How much is Ozzie accountable for 'getting the players up?' and should he even have to? (these are professionals right? not some high school team...)

I'm trying to see what you think because there has to be a reason why the Sox can't beat bad clubs while others (i.e. Detroit) are tearing them completely apart. These are the World Champions playing before packed houses with seven All Stars...and they lose to the Royals? the Indians? the Cubs? I just don't get it.

Lip

billyvsox

When Hawk mentiones that this team dosen't have the same Magic or Intensity as last year, my first thought was Crazy Carl (I Miss Him), not to mention Aaron. We lost our chemistry. After last nights loss, Carl would have screamed ***K the Royals. (Where you at Baby Girl?)

dagotony06
08-16-2006, 11:47 PM

I understand he isn't that type, but he is the Captain, so he should take the responsibilty that goes along with it and do something. I know he leads by example, he had 3 hits tonight, and looked like the only guy that came to play, but something has to shake this team up cause it is sleepwalking.

As for Ozzie maybe your right. Maybe all the crap has gotten to him and he doesn't have the same fire anymore. I don't know. He doesn't have the same attitude as last year. I just don't see the same intensity and fire to win every game, like they had last year. Maybe Everett was right when he said the Sox had no vocal leader in the clubhouse this year. Think about it, we don't have anyone.

Chicken Dinner
08-16-2006, 11:47 PM
He talked about not having a letdown on Monday and the players even talked about not letting down. We gave them a beatdown and I think that lead to being flat yesterday (you can blame the players that and the manager for not keeping on them). I have no problem giving people a rest during this consecutive game stretch, but why all in one day? I could see sitting Dye today with him being drilled the past couple of days and being an older veteran. Maybe even Thome with a sore wrist and a day game tomorrow. Easily solved by Mack in RF and Gload at 1B with Konerko at DH. The situation that really pisses me off is Mack in CF and Gload in RF....That's a joke defensively.
Excuse me, I'm the one who gave up the 7 earned runs.

digdagdug23
08-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Count me in. I think Mackowiak becomes a convenient scapegoat for games lost for a multitude of other reasons. I'm waiting for people to start blaming Mackowiak for their cars breaking down, rainy days and using the last of the toilet paper without replacing the roll.

Dammit Mackowiak, put the damned toilet lid down when you are finished replacing the roll, would ya? I knew it was his fault. :angry:

So help me God, you put the roll on upside down, I will have to take you out behind the woodshed.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:48 PM
I was fine with resting Dye for the night, but Anderson too? An outfield of Pods, Mack and Gload is pathetic. A better way to handle it, would have been to put Gload in for Dye tonite, and Mack in for Pods tomorrow. But that being said, Jose sucked anyway. But Oz sure didnt give him a chance with that piss poor outfield tonite

Dye and BA could not have helped us overcome Jose's sucking. Unless they were positioned in the left-field bleachers.

In Kansas City, we won two games without Thome. Gload and Cintron were in there those nights, and we still managed to win.

As I stated, our bench is far superior to KC's starters. The personnel on the field tonight should have won this game.

bluestar
08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
JB and others:

Interesting points on the season long Sox lack of 'killer instinct' against garbage clubs.

What I'd like to know if 'who'se fault is this?'

This has been going on since week one (two blown games to K.C.)... Is it the players? Is it Ozzie? How much is Ozzie accountable for 'getting the players up?' and should he even have to? (these are professionals right? not some high school team...)

I'm trying to see what you think because there has to be a reason why the Sox can't beat bad clubs while others (i.e. Detroit) are tearing them completely apart. These are the World Champions playing before packed houses with seven All Stars...and they lose to the Royals? the Indians? the Cubs? I just don't get it.

Lip

I think we are all asking the same questions. We can only guess at the answers.

CommanderPudge72
08-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Alls I gots ta say is that Cotts would be a great pitcher on a Tee-Ball team.

Kenny, get on the horn and see what the Palos Peacocks will give us for Cotts and Mack...I hear they got a great short-center prospect in 4th grade...a great subs when BA needs a rest.

Lip Man 1
08-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Cotts. Perhaps last season was simply a fluke for him and this is the real Cotts.

He hasn't been in the bigs long enough to get a true read on him. It'll be interesting to see what next year brings.

Lip

CYGarland20
08-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Dye and BA could not have helped us overcome Jose's sucking. Unless they were positioned in the left-field bleachers.:roflmao: True, but Jose couldnt have felt too comfortable with THAT D behind him.

PeteWard
08-16-2006, 11:53 PM

That's bull****. The only person who ever said this was Everett himself--and in a very mean-spirited context.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:53 PM
JB and others:

Lip

We're a combined 14-13 against Cleveland and Kansas City this season. That's ridiculous. A manager shouldn't have to do anything elaborate to motivate the players in a pennant race this tight. IMO, it's on the players.

I can understand a half-ass effort early in the season against bad clubs. That will happen from time to time. But there are only 43 games left in the season now. This is the stretch drive. It's time to turn it up. Every game is important, and this is no time to get arrogant and think this is going to be easy.

Maybe Monday night's victory came just a little too easy. You mentioned the big crowds. I was at our last series at Kansas City, and I can tell you that Kaufmann Stadium is a ****ing morgue right now. Maybe the Royals are getting a little extra juice playing in this atmosphere.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:54 PM
:roflmao: True, but Jose couldnt have felt to comfortable with that D behind him.

His job is to make quality pitches regardless of who is behind him. He failed.

champagne030
08-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Excuse me, I'm the one who gave up the 7 earned runs.

Why should I get up for this game when it obviously means nothing since we're playing the "C" team in this meaningless game?

I sucked tonight, but the point is why play 1/2 the bench if these games are so important? Ozzie, with his lineup, is telling me we got this game in the bag - no need to get up for this KC club.

Justagirl
08-16-2006, 11:56 PM
So much negativity. Detroit lost tonight! Were back where we were yesterday, tomorrow's a new day.

Lets not forget that most of us that were so happy about that 5.5 game deficit the other day were also elated that we would be playing gravy while Detroit would be playing against a solid team like Boston.

Also remember that KC swept Boston last week. I'm just saying.

billyvsox
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Cotts. Perhaps last season was simply a fluke for him and this is the real Cotts.

He hasn't been in the bigs long enough to get a true read on him. It'll be interesting to see what next year brings.

Lip

Cotts is fed up with being a reliever, the same thing will happen to McCarthy if he dosen't get his opportunity he deserves. Cotts sucked it up last year in the sake of winning, but he feels he is a starter and the clock is ticking on his payday.

Rikirk
I know pitchers can have an off day, but why are they all having a collective off day at the same time. And against KC.

Doesnt this say something about the pitching staff?

dagotony06
I like most of what you are saying, but I think Mack is bad. Not much of an upgrade in LF. He is bad, bad, bad in CF. Also, his bat isn't any better than Pods from what I see. I think Pods should be hitting 9th the way he is going. Who should be leading off, I don't know.
Mack is an upgrade over Pods, even Ozzie says as much when he replaces Pods with Mack, in the late innings of close games. Pods is just terrible. I don't know how many times this year he just stands there and takes called 3rd strike after called 3rd strike. IDIOT As for leading off, I would have Mack leadoff. He can't be any worse than Pods. He's doing nothing to help this team whatsoever. Can't get on base, and when he does, he can't steal a base anymore. I just can't stand him anymore. I wanted them to go after Soriano so bad. Oh well gotta live with him now. I hope he is gone next year.

CYGarland20
His job is to make quality pitches regardless of who is behind him. He failed.I agree he failed, but I'm sure it was in the back of his mind. Irregardless, they sucked tonite, plain and simple

JB98

Why should I get up for this game when it obviously means nothing since we're playing the "C" team in this meaningless game?

I sucked tonight, but the point is why play 1/2 the bench if these games are so important? Ozzie, with his lineup, is telling me we got this game in the bag - no need to get up for this KC club.

If that's Jose's attitude, he can go pitch in Charlotte. But I'm sure that's not how Contreras feels at all.

JB98
08-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Cotts is fed up with being a reliever, the same thing will happen to McCarthy if he dosen't get his opportunity he deserves. Cotts sucked it up last year in the sake of winning, but he feels he is a starter and the clock is ticking on his payday.

Maybe so, but pitching poorly in relief will not earn Neal a spot in the starting rotation.

Lip Man 1
08-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Just:

The point is exactly what you said...one more game off the schedule WITHOUT making up any ground vs. Detroit and LOSING ground in the wild card.

IT DOES MATTER, every single game, every single at-bat, every pitch.

31-24 against teams with losing records will not get the job done. Period. Absolutely no excuse for that type of performance. There is a reason WHY those teams have losing records, no?

Lip

Chicken Dinner
08-17-2006, 12:00 AM
I know pitchers can have an off day, but why are they all having a collective off day at the same time. And against KC.

Doesnt this say something about the pitching staff?

Someone has to play the day game tomarrow
JC is supposed to be our best pitcher
The bench is hitting as well as the starters

PeteWard
08-17-2006, 12:00 AM
So much negativity. Detroit lost tonight! Were back where we were yesterday, tomorrow's a new day.

Lets not forget that most of us that were so happy about that 5.5 game deficit the other day were also elated that we would be playing gravy while Detroit would be playing against a solid team like Boston.

Also remember that KC swept Boston last week. IM just saying.

Thank you. I understand people not being happy, but these clowns who are saying they are giving up on watching them, that they won't make the playoffs... it's only two bloody games!!!

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Thank you. I understand people not being happy, but these clowns who are saying they are giving up on watching them, that they won't make the playoffs... it's only two bloody games!!!

i am trying to not be negative but we did go from a 2 - 3 game lead in the wild card and dropped from 10 to 5 1/2 in a week and now....well. ....you see. People have a right of all days to bitch like it is their job. Today was ****ing horrible. I am lucky my laptop is still in one piece

JB98

I don't think there are too many here giving up. Everyone here is just very, very frustrated.

champagne030
Mack is an upgrade over Pods, even Ozzie says as much when he replaces Pods with Mack, in the late innings of close games. Pods is just terrible. I don't know how many times this year he just stands there and takes called 3rd strike after called 3rd strike. IDIOT As for leading off, I would have Mack leadoff. He can't be any worse than Pods. He's doing nothing to help this team whatsoever. Can't get on base, and when he does, he can't steal a base anymore. I just can't stand him anymore. I wanted them to go after Soriano so bad. Oh well gotta live with him now. I hope he is gone next year.
I'll agree Pods is a liability on defense, but Ozzie also thinks Mack is a CF and we all know how wrong he is about that.

Brian26
Hahaha, I could have sworn at one point I saw the score was 10-0 KC, but that couldn't have been right.... right?!

That was the score when I walked out :D:

JB98
08-17-2006, 12:03 AM
That was the score when I walked out :D:

Did they have the courtesy to give you a refund? No teal.

CaptainBallz
08-17-2006, 12:03 AM
http://hammeroftruth.com/images/articles/straitjacket.jpg

We are the best team in baseball...We are the best team in baseball...World series champs...world series champs......

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 12:05 AM
I am gonna call comcast tomorrow and see if I can get some money off my bill for the game today.

Brian26
08-17-2006, 12:07 AM
I can hardly wait to tune into WSCR and hear what that jagbag, Chris "King of the Polyannas" Rongey has to say about this one...

Eh, I've got to defend Rongey. I've been listening to him more and more lately. The dark clouds that call into the postgame show are a thousand times worse than the ones here. He's not so much a polyanna as much as he is just trying to keep a decent level of sanity. For example, last night some bozo called in looking for Guillen's head on a silver platter because Dye dropped that flyball. That's ridiculous. There's no way you can put that blame on Ozzie.

Brian26
08-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Did they have the courtesy to give you a refund? No teal.

This was possibly the most miserable game I've been to since Game 2 of the ALDS in 2000, and that covers a ****load of games.

dagotony06
08-17-2006, 12:08 AM
I'll agree Pods is a liability on defense, but Ozzie also thinks Mack is a CF and we all know how wrong he is about that.

Mack played the corner outfield spot in Pittsburgh last year, and 3rd base. When they traded for him that what they got him for, not to play center. he plays solid corner outfield defense, Mack even said himself earlier in the year, he isn't very comfortable in center. That is where Kenny screwed up and didn't have a guy on the bench who could play a solid centerfield. How many games did they lose because of Mack in centerfield? Alot. So I blame Kenny not Ozzie for putting Mack in center. He is just playing with what the GM gave him.

PeteWard
08-17-2006, 12:09 AM
I don't think there are too many here giving up. Everyone here is just very, very frustrated.

Please look at the Gameday thread. There were many. Not simple frustration--I understand that--but illogical and overwrought statements to the effect that the Sox are finished.

Brian26
08-17-2006, 12:10 AM
I thought the game ended when Pods couldn't come up with the cheap hit before Grudzel>>>> 3-run homer. A very catchable ball.

The ball that landed about 15 feet behind the skin of the infield? That was the shortstop's all the way. There's no way Pods should be expected to catch that ball. He had way too much ground to cover.

JB98
08-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Please look at the Gameday thread. There were many. Not simple frustration--I understand that--but illogical and overwrought statements to the effect that the Sox are finished.

I was in the Gameday thread. I know what you're saying. I thought you were referring to this thread. I personally assailed some of the idiots over in the game thread myself. It turns out, we actually agree then.

JB98
08-17-2006, 12:14 AM
This was possibly the most miserable game I've been to since Game 2 of the ALDS in 2000, and that covers a ****load of games.

In the game thread, I mentioned a 12-0 loss to the Angels in 2004. I remember it because it was on my birthday, and I was at the park. Very similar to tonight. We turned a triple play on Molina that game, but that was the only highlight. Just as the grand slam by Cintron was the only highlight tonight.

Brian26
08-17-2006, 12:16 AM
When Hawk mentiones that this team dosen't have the same Magic or Intensity as last year, my first thought was Crazy Carl (I Miss Him), not to mention Aaron. We lost our chemistry. After last nights loss, Carl would have screamed ***K the Royals. (Where you at Baby Girl?)

I love Carl Everett as much as anyone, but you can't carry a piece of dead weight on the roster who can't get a hit off a left-handed pitcher. 2005 was a great year, but we have to move on.

Justagirl
Today was my first day ever in a game day thread (other than PTC) and most likely my last.

Lip Man 1
Well I guess there's one thing that all of us can agree on...

The only consistent attribute of the 2006 White Sox is their frustratingly inconsistent performance.

Lip

0o0o0
08-17-2006, 12:18 AM
:threadrules:

Brian26
08-17-2006, 12:19 AM

:?: Where are you getting this crap from? He "sucked it up?" Like being a starter on the Pirates or D-Rays would be better than pitching relief for a World Championship team?

Brian26
08-17-2006, 12:21 AM
In the game thread, I mentioned a 12-0 loss to the Angels in 2004. I remember it because it was on my birthday, and I was at the park. Very similar to tonight. We turned a triple play on Molina that game, but that was the only highlight. Just as the grand slam by Cintron was the only highlight tonight.

I had forgotten about the final score of that game until you mentioned it. I went to that game too and saw the Molina triple-play. That was also a bad night.

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 12:22 AM

:?: Where are you getting this crap from? He "sucked it up?" Like being a starter on the Pirates or D-Rays would be better than pitching relief for a World Championship team?

What in the **** are you smoking?

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Today was my first day ever in a game day thread (other than PTC) and most likely my last.

Well I hope you enjoyed your stay with us on the corner of Despair and Anxiety....tell your friends.

We always put on our best shows when we go down 10-0 to the Royals..

Ce Magnifique!!!!!!!

Lip Man 1
08-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Speaking of Cotts this is from Mark Gonzales' game recap.

"Neal Cotts, who has allowed 10 hits in the last 16 at-bats against left-handed hitters...."

Ummm not exactly the thing you want from a left handed reliever, no?

Lip

Brian26
08-17-2006, 12:25 AM

What in the **** are you smoking?

Me or Billy?

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Me or Billy?

oh no not you. sorry i should have been most specific other then put that off the wall comment in bold. i am not perfect when it comes to silly/dumb comments but that one was a real winner.

JB98
08-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Speaking of Cotts this is from Mark Gonzales' game recap.

"Neal Cotts, who has allowed 10 hits in the last 16 at-bats against left-handed hitters...."

Ummm not exactly the thing you want from a left handed reliever, no?

Lip

Maybe Cotts is trying to prove he should be a starter. At least one person who posted here tonight thinks so.

Anyway, I knew Cotts had been bad against left-handed hitters lately, but 10-for-16 is even worse than I thought. He should be able to get half the guys out on dumb luck.

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Maybe Cotts is trying to prove he should be a starter. At least one person who posted here tonight thinks so.

Anyway, I knew Cotts had been bad against left-handed hitters lately, but 10-for-16 is even worse than I thought. He should be able to get half the guys out on dumb luck.

That literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that. I needed that right before bed to forget about the nightmare i just sat though tonight

Justagirl
08-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Well I hope you enjoyed your stay with us on the corner of Despair and Anxiety....tell your friends.

We always put on our best shows when we go down 10-0 to the Royals..

Ce Magnifique!!!!!!!

Im talking about the *They dont deserve to be in the playoffs* etc. posts I read..If it offended you that I thought those posts were gloomy, my apologies.

0o0o0
08-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Sunday :bandance: Monday :bandance: tuesday :angry: wednesday :puking:

Repeat

Mercy!
08-17-2006, 12:40 AM
I love Carl Everett as much as anyone, but you can't carry a piece of dead weight on the roster who can't get a hit off a left-handed pitcher. 2005 was a great year, but we have to move on. Well, I for sure don't love Carl Everett, and I do still have a clear mental picture of his strike-out swing, but I'm not understanding your remark.

Everett's 2005 average against l/h pitchers was .265; against r/h pitchers it was .246.

But I'm totally with you about moving on.:D:

Jerko
08-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Well, all I can say is that I got into the game for nothing tonight, and I got my money's worth. Awful.

0o0o0
08-17-2006, 12:43 AM
I hope Buddy Bell trots out the Sunday line-up tomorrow.

Now that's funny. :D:

Chisox353014
08-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Totally embarassing.

Lip

Yeah, I mentioned this in the game thread. This year feels like every year between 2000 and 2005 to me. Because of this I have a really bad feeling that we're going to get pantsed in the Crapdome this weekend. I hope I'm wrong.

fuzzy_patters
08-17-2006, 12:48 AM
This is what needed to happen. They could not afford to sleepwalk through another game like last night. Instead, they got the crap beat out of them which should wake them up. The next four days will be very telling.

PeoriaSoxFan
08-17-2006, 12:48 AM

Exactly. It is just hard to have any confidence in this team right now, due to the lack of consistency and the unexplainable horrible play during numerous games, since the break.

chisoxfanatic
08-17-2006, 12:49 AM

He and Cintron had brutal defensive nights. I was talking with the season ticket holders next to me about how dumb Ozzie was to put bench players as 1/3 of the lineup. What the heck happened to lineup consistency? Tinkering = a NO NO!!!

That's the worst game I've ever been to (even beating that Buehrle-pitched blowout against Oakland last year, because at least Oakland is a good team).

SoxSpeed22
08-17-2006, 01:02 AM
I don't mind the substitutions because there are 2 weeks until the next off day. The fast baserunners throwing off Contreras might be concern. At least they played like this against KC than compared to Detroit or New York or Oakland, you get the idea.

Jerko
08-17-2006, 01:04 AM
His job is to make quality pitches regardless of who is behind him. He failed.

I'm late to this thread, but I agree. If he is so "afraid" of the D behind him, it's up to him to make better pitches.

TornLabrum
08-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Got back a little while ago. Boy that really sucked.

Defense was terrible. If I ever see Rob Mackowiak in CF again, I may try to sneak a high powered rifle into the ballpark.

Offense was terrible. For the past two days they've made everybody but D'oh!mann look like Cy Young.

Pitching was terrible. Now everybody knows how to rattle Contreras. Just have a fast guy bunt for a hit. As for Neal Cotts, the next time I see him enter a game, we'd better be either up or down by at least 50 runs.

Thank heaven I have a Cougars game tomorrow night. The Sox played at their level tonight, so I'll be used to it.

JB98
08-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I mentioned this in the game thread. This year feels like every year between 2000 and 2005 to me. Because of this I have a really bad feeling that we're going to get pantsed in the Crapdome this weekend. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think it's that bad. Unless Schoeneweis, Biddle and Wright are pitching at the Crapdome, we're not going to "get pantsed." I'm as frustrated as anyone, but honestly, I think sometimes people forget about how bad it was between 2001 and 2004.

Do you all remember what 2004 was like after Frank and Maggs went down? Jamie Burke and Ben Davis were sharing the catching duties. Paulie was DH'ing a lot. Gload was playing every day. KW traded for washed-up Alomar because Willie Harris couldn't cut the mustard. Borch and Timo were platooning in RF. Valentin was having a terrible season. Crede still hadn't learned how to hit. Shingo was the only reliever we had who was worth a damn. Folks like Felix Diaz were getting a crack at the fifth-starter job. Schoeneweis was in the rotation for a good chunk of the year. Blech.

I know these last two days have sucked, but I guarantee you the 2006 Sox are much, much better club than the 2004 Sox. Not reminiscent at all as far as I'm concerned.

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Ugggghhh. The SOX are playing corpseball again.I absolutely hate that meaningless, catch-all term.

kevingrt
08-17-2006, 01:29 AM
BTW- the ump warning both sides, most useless/idiotic warning ever.

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Even Guillen doesn't seem to give a crap.Oh, please. That day will never come.

ode to veeck
08-17-2006, 01:47 AM
i am trying to not be negative but we did go from a 2 - 3 game lead in the wild card and dropped from 10 to 5 1/2 in a week and now....well. ....you see. People have a right of all days to bitch like it is their job. Today was ****ing horrible. I am lucky my laptop is still in one piece

let's see we swept the kittens last weekend and happened to lose of couple of games in a row since then, only dropping from 5.5 to 6.5 games back, not too bad considering we were close to 10 games out only days ago, not quite the end of the world yet as it seems to many around here

CYGarland20
08-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Tonite's game was about as bad as it gets, no doubt about it. In fact, i would go as far to say it was the worst game the Sox have played in a looong time. That's why, IMO, tomorrow's game is a must win going into Minnesota. If we lose tomorrow, I'm afraid we may lose out on the playoffs. Just my opinion, but losing 3 of 4 to KC in a pennant race at home is devastating, especially after sweeping the Tigers. Now i hope I'm wrong and tomorrow has no effect on the rest of the season, but you have to wonder about the Sox confidence it it does happen..........

ode to veeck
08-17-2006, 01:53 AM
I absolutely hate that meaningless, catch-all term.

two games does not make a corpseball, period. i think PHG coined the term in mid '01 or '02 when the team was playing really flat for weeks on end, it has nothing to do with anything the current team has down in the last 2-3 years.

JB98
08-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Tonite's game was about as bad as it gets, no doubt about it. In fact, i would go as far to say it was the worst game the Sox have played in a looong time. That's why, IMO, tomorrow's game is a must win going into Minnesota. If we lose tomorrow, I'm afraid we may lose out on the playoffs. Just my opinion, but losing 3 of 4 to KC in a pennant race at home is devastating, especially after sweeping the Tigers. Now i hope I'm wrong and tomorrow has no effect on the rest of the season, but you have to wonder about the Sox confidence it it does happen..........

I think the Sox will respond. I expect good things from Buerhle tomorrow. This group is too talented and too experienced to let the last two days linger.

CYGarland20
08-17-2006, 02:15 AM
I think the Sox will respond. I expect good things from Buerhle tomorrow. This group is too talented and too experienced to let the last two days linger.I sure hope so, because i shutter at the thought of losing 3 in a row at home to KC, and then having to go to Minnesota, where they are probably licking their chops and cant wait to pass us up, then Detroit, where I'm sure they'd love to avenge last weeks sweep.

ode to veeck
08-17-2006, 02:26 AM
I don't think it's that bad. Unless Schoeneweis, Biddle and Wright are pitching at the Crapdome, we're not going to "get pantsed." I'm as frustrated as anyone, but honestly, I think sometimes people forget about how bad it was between 2001 and 2004.

Do you all remember what 2004 was like after Frank and Maggs went down? Jamie Burke and Ben Davis were sharing the catching duties. Paulie was DH'ing a lot. Gload was playing every day. KW traded for washed-up Alomar because Willie Harris couldn't cut the mustard. Borch and Timo were platooning in RF. Valentin was having a terrible season. Crede still hadn't learned how to hit. Shingo was the only reliever we had who was worth a damn. Folks like Felix Diaz were getting a crack at the fifth-starter job. Schoeneweis was in the rotation for a good chunk of the year. Blech.

I know these last two days have sucked, but I guarantee you the 2006 Sox are much, much better club than the 2004 Sox. Not reminiscent at all as far as I'm concerned.

LOL! I was tryin' to block it out, but we were really hurting there for a couple of years, even though we were still a 2nd place team. My how things have changed ...

CaptainBallz
08-17-2006, 02:46 AM
I finally got one arm out of my straitjacket far enough to gag myself...

We'll be chucklin' about this series in a few weeks...:redface: :mg::puking:

JB98
08-17-2006, 02:53 AM
LOL! I was tryin' to block it out, but we were really hurting there for a couple of years, even though we were still a 2nd place team. My how things have changed ...

Sorry, didn't mean to give you a bad flashback. I've just read a lot of comments lately comparing the 2006 team to the teams of a few years back, and I wanted to show people what a foolish comparison it is.

At this time in August of 2004, we had five spots in the batting order that were complete busted legs. That club was hopeless after Frank and Maggs went down. They went 83-79 and were lucky to do so. This year's club is 71-48, despite the fact that they seem to be underachieving a little bit.

As our manager once said, "If you no have the ammunition, then you no win the ****ing war." The clubs we had from 2001-04, with the possible exception of '03, didn't have the ammunition. And they didn't win the ****ing war. There's no guarantee the 2006 club is going to win the ****ing war either, but I do think they have the ammunition. I try to remind myself of that after bad losses like tonight's and last night's.

StillMissOzzie
08-17-2006, 02:54 AM
Well, all I can say is that I got into the game for nothing tonight, and I got my money's worth. Awful.

Yeah, me too. I picked this one to use the fan club free tickets for, shrewdly thinking I was gonna guarantee a victory for my daughter and I.

I don't have much else to add that hasn't been said and re-said already. Cold bats vs. this nobody of a pitcher, god-awful defense, a putrid performance by Contreras - yep, all covered.

Maybe these bench-player lineups Ozzie trots out there ARE the bulletin-board material for teams like the Royals, though. Maybe Buddy Bell points out that the Sox think they can win with 1/3 of the lineup being bench players, and the Royals crank it up and make the Sox pay for their insolence.

SMO
:angry:

CaptainBallz
08-17-2006, 03:14 AM
There's no guarantee the 2006 club is going to win the ****ing war either, but I do think they have the ammunition. I try to remind myself of that after bad losses like tonight's and last night's.

Well maybe the ammunition should be at least loaded... I'm not even going to blame this one on the "CinGloaWiak Connection"..the ammunition didn't get it done yesterday (Tuesday) either.

I'm sorry, but Ozzie warning about the possibility of a KC letdown, then two of the most horse**** games of the season being played within the series speaks volumes about this team's collective ambition...and management's ability to keep them focused on it!

Maybe they are tired. Maybe they are saving their strength to face better teams in more crucial situatons. But they seriously pissed of 30+ thousand people tonight, not to mention those at home. Buck up, dammit! At least play the ****ing game...

Sox-o-matic
08-17-2006, 04:05 AM
Well maybe the ammunition should be at least loaded... I'm not even going to blame this one on the "CinGloaWiak Connection"..the ammunition didn't get it done yesterday (Tuesday) either.

Right before the game started when I saw the lineup I was actually happy to see some of the regulars not playing. I figured that if the regulars are going to be unable to play loose enough to at least work a count against a crappy pitcher, maybe the bench would come in and add a spark. And, actually, Cintron did.

Granted, the offense didn't do jack until the 9th, but the bottom line IMO is that we still scored four runs. That should be enough to beat the craptacular Royals when we send out our ace and have a top flight bullpen to back him up. The pitching sucked, again, and I'm sick of hearing Hawk talk about rythms and being close to rhythms and coming out of rythms because this pitching staff seems so averse to rythms they might as well be called the Milli Vanilli White Sox. What a ****ing joke.

Grzegorz
08-17-2006, 05:50 AM
JB and others:

These are the World Champions playing before packed houses with seven All Stars...and they lose to the Royals? the Indians? the Cubs? I just don't get it.

Lip
The fault lies with every single individual on that team. A manager cannot instill the desire to play the game, that comes from within.

Ozzie & KW should light these guy up; this is unacceptable performance at the major league level. Behind closed doors would be the right place to do this.

If the rotation is corrected over the off-season I have a feeling the swagger will be back. As for this year its will take bandaids, counseling, and nurturing to get these guys to the playoffs.

Oh, and to the earlier point of waiving Cotts I feel that would be a bad thing to do.

RowanDye
08-17-2006, 06:25 AM
...the Milli Vanilli White Sox. What a ****ing joke.

:o: Didn't they win a grammy?

SOXSINCE'70
08-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Only one way to describe this::puking:

BeviBall!
08-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Send in the lions. I can't believe Jose follwed up his best pitching performance in his MLB career with this stinker. And to be held scoreless by some dude with an 11 ERA? What more can you say?

LongLiveFisk
08-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Playing up to the good teams and playing down to the bad teams is ****. Come on, guys, ***!!! :angry:

wassagstdu
08-17-2006, 07:44 AM
The Sox are too big, too talented, too important to waste effort taking a lousy team like the Royals seriously. I was "amused" by Gathright's two perfect bunts and Pods' pathetic attempt. And why in hell are you bunting down 6-0?

soxfanatlanta
08-17-2006, 07:59 AM
I will never be able to figure out this team; it's like they are bipolar, or suffer from MPD. One thing is for sure, they are driving me crazy.
:nuts:

itsnotrequired
08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
*sigh*

Sig update time...

alohafri
08-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Way to step up the intensity, fellas. :rolleyes: Nice of Cintron to give us some fireworks in the 9th ? :dunno:

Makes up for the boneheaded botched fielder's choice/double play earlier in the day.

MsSoxVixen22
08-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Is this the same team the SWEPT Detroit only a few days ago?! When it was 7-0 I got up and went in the other room. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good nite. Well, all I can say is, they better get out of their funk and FAST or the games they picked up will be pissed away! I don't think I'm the only one crabby this morning!

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 09:33 AM
They say everything looks better once you have had a night to sleep on it and you can put things in perspective....

I have officially debunked this cliche.

Yesterday was a first for me though, I have never been as unimpressed by a Sox grandslam.....

I am happy Alex got his first, but talk about tooo little tooo late.

Chicken Dinner
08-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Do you think it's time to send everyone up to the Fundamentals Deck so they can get back to the basics?:o:

XOS THW
08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
I don't think KC pitched that well...i think our batters thought they could walk over this guy and didn't. Weak.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm now changing my predictions. I'm picking the Royals to win the World Series. With that fearsome pitching rotation, how can they lose?

kittle42
I love how Sox losses always bring out the most insightful and knowledgable baseball commentary.

CommanderPudge72
Do you think it's time to send everyone up to the Fundamentals Deck so they can get back to the basics?:o:

I think Pods should have to do a bunt drill from the dugout to his position in left and back again at the half inning switch.

Bunt the ball all the way out and all the way back, till he can get a good one down.....

That would get his practice time in.

Madvora
08-17-2006, 09:44 AM
When it was 7-0 I got up and went in the other room. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good nite.
Wow! You made it that long?
I gave up after that 3 run homer off of Contreras. I can definitely tell when the game is already lost and I can't bear to sit through a lost cause when they're playing like crap. It absolutely kills me.
Right now if they're trailing by 3 runs, the game is over for me.

itsnotrequired
08-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I gave up after that 3 run homer off of Contreras. I can definitely tell when the game is already lost and I can't bear to sit through a lost cause when they're playing like crap. It absolutely kills me.

:rolleyes:

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 09:47 AM

No lead is safe from the Sox, unless of course you are the Royals and up by 10.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
I had to quit watching after the 7th, too painful, and I hardly ever do that.

I'm going to the game today with daughter. Just hope Buerhe is on and that I don't have to watch an outfield where the best defensive player is Pods.:rolleyes:

I'm not a Mack basher and I'm not blaming him for last night's debacle, the whole team sucked. But CF is just not his position and I don't see how Ozzie's is helping his confidence putting him is a spot where he is obviously not comfortable.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
I love how Sox losses always bring out the most insightful and knowledgable baseball commentary.

I think a good old fashion freakout every once in awhile when you lose to the Royals twice during a playoff run is good exercise...works out your sarcastic and sardonic wit muscles quite well.

Jurr
08-17-2006, 10:02 AM
I can't believe how TWO GAMES changes the community's outlook on the team.

Wow. It's "over after a three run deficit"???? I clearly remember a couple of days ago when the Sox kept coming back on the Yankees and Tigers, despite the aforementioned deficit.

Yes, this team has struggled the last two days. Yes, it was against KC, but I'll be damned if I'm going to make blanket statements after two hiccups. In NFL terms, two games is like a quarter of football in a season. Maybe not even that.

CHILL OUT!

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 10:03 AM
I can't believe how TWO GAMES changes the community's outlook on the team.

Wow. It's "over after a three run deficit"???? I clearly remember a couple of days ago when the Sox kept coming back on the Yankees and Tigers, despite the aforementioned deficit.

Yes, this team has struggled the last two days. Yes, it was against KC, but I'll be damned if I'm going to make blanket statements after two hiccups. In NFL terms, two games is like a quarter of football in a season. Maybe not even that.

CHILL OUT!

i blame you for yesterdays lost. had you not joined the chat we may have scored more then in the 9th inning with 1 out. :D:

zmz723
08-17-2006, 10:08 AM

have you watched this team at all this year? :rolleyes:

Soxfanspcu11
08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Ummm.........if the playoffs started today, the Sox would be there no? What's the problem here? Teams lose games. Even good teams lose to bad teams. Sox are a team, right?:?:

mrwag
08-17-2006, 10:12 AM
I was at the game, sitting in the upper deck just over 3rd base. Here's my take on seeing it all in person:

- Rob completely blew 2 fly balls to CF. Watching him run to where he thought it would land, then seeing him turn and run out was a joke. BA would have caught those and made it look easy in the process. Defense helps a pitcher - JC knows that.

- Pods was a joke on the basepaths. When he did get on, he had NO intention of even attempting to steal. The pitcher didn't even pay attention to him. He could have been off and running without a throw. Is he afraid of Backo? Lame....

- 1/3 of the starters were sitting. Is this April, or is it playoff crunch time?

- Pretty much everyone (except for Paulie and Iguchi) was swinging for the fences. End result was lots of lazy fly balls.

- Contreras giving up 6 runs, and NOBODY was warming up in the pen? It was so obvious he was going to get torched.

- In Pods defense, the shallow fly that everyone thought should have been caught was a very lucky hit. A runner was on first and took off on the pitch. The middle infielders were running to cover 2nd, and he hit a duck snort. Yes, in a normal situtation it would have been caught by SS, but in this case it was just luck.

- The bench warning was total BS. I still would have put on in Grudz-whatever's ear. Yea, ejections would have happened, but it would have sent a message and maybe put a little fire in them.

Overall, I wanted my money back. I dropped over $200 for this? At least I got to participate in the pre-game onfield parade with my family. THAT was awesome and took the sting out of the game.

0o0o0
08-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Ummm.........if the playoffs started today, the Sox would be there no? What's the problem here? Teams lose games. Even good teams lose to bad teams. Sox are a team, right?:?:

:rolleyes: Not this argument again...

Soxfanspcu11
08-17-2006, 10:13 AM
:rolleyes: Not this argument again...

What argument?

0o0o0
08-17-2006, 10:16 AM
What argument?

If you're gonna make the argument that everything's fine because if the playoffs started today, the sox would be there, then I'm gonna say if the playoffs started today, the sox would get swept.

itsnotrequired
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
If you're gonna make the argument that everything's fine because if the playoffs started today, the sox would be there, then I'm gonna say if the playoffs started today, the sox would get swept.

Logical arguments all the way around.

Soxfanspcu11
08-17-2006, 10:20 AM

I didn't say everything was "fine", I just said that if the playoffs started today, they would be there. That's pretty impressive considering only 8 teams in the entire league make it. Now, what would happen once the playoffs started, that's a different story. But I like what I saw against New York and Detroit.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 10:21 AM

Right...the playoffs don't start today, we are attempting to catch the division leader and we have a one game lead in the WC and we play that team this weekend....

a doughnut with no hole is a danish.....think about it...very deep.

jenn2080
08-17-2006, 10:22 AM
how about we pretend yesterday and screw it the day before didnt happen. there is no reason to go back and forth about it. yesterday sucked. we all lived threw it....barely. the pessimistics and optimistics are never going to agree. everyone is pissed so lets just stop and worry about today.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 10:25 AM
how about we pretend yesterday and screw it the day before didnt happen. there is no reason to go back and forth about it. yesterday sucked. we all lived threw it....barely. the pessimistics and optimistics are never going to agree. everyone is pissed so lets just stop and worry about today.

That is too logical and not nearly as much fun......

bluestar
08-17-2006, 10:27 AM
I can only speak for myself, but the thing that has me so angry and frustrated about this team is that I know what they are capable of. Years like 2001 - 2004 or 1995 - 1999 or 1984 - 1992 were all frustrating at times, but I wasn't sure what those teams could accomplish. This year I am sure, and it is incredibly frustrating to see the whole team underperform as they have the last two games.

Does this mean I am going to commit suicide or have a nervous breakdown? Of course not. I just expect more out of this team. Sure it is only two losses, but these were not ordinary losses, but piss-poor efforts by a team that is capable of so much more. Again, the effort I have seen the last two nights is inexcusable for a team of this caliber.

viagracat
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM
All I can say is that sometimes this game don't make no damn sense...

Some guy named Ryan O'Malley that even his mother never heard of until now goes to Minute Maid Park and shuts out the Astros, but Contreras, a certified stud, gets lit up at home against the major's worst team...:o:

I can see it now...they lose again today, but then go to Minnesota and sweep them. It can and just might happen. If anyone can explain these kind of things to me, please do so.

You just never, ever know, I guess.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Some guy named Ryan O'Malley that even his mother never heard of until now goes to Minute Maid Park and shuts out the Astros, but Contreras, a certified stud, gets lit up at home against the major's worst team...:o:

Bringing up a Cubs shut-out after a game like yesterday is low.

That's mean man, that's just mean!

bet you would drink a beer in front of me at the cell when I only had 4 bucks in pocket left.

southside rocks
08-17-2006, 10:43 AM

I definitely think it's time to fine every single one of them $500 each time they swing at a first pitch.

On Monday, and all during the Tigers series, the Sox hitters were laying back and making the pitcher go deep into the count, fouling off balls, and most definitely not swinging at the first pitch. On Sunday, Miner had thrown 56 pitches through *two* innings.

Tuesday and Wednesday night, the Sox batters drag themselves and their bats to the plate, take a big hack at the first pitch, wave at a few balls, and jog back to the bench. ***? Mailing it in, indeed.

southside rocks
08-17-2006, 10:45 AM
I can only speak for myself, but the thing that has me so angry and frustrated about this team is that I know what they are capable of. Years like 2001 - 2004 or 1995 - 1999 or 1984 - 1992 were all frustrating at times, but I wasn't sure what those teams could accomplish. This year I am sure, and it is incredibly frustrating to see the whole team underperform as they have the last two games.

Does this mean I am going to commit suicide or have a nervous breakdown? Of course not. I just expect more out of this team. Sure it is only two losses, but these were not ordinary losses, but piss-poor efforts by a team that is capable of so much more. Again, the effort I have seen the last two nights is inexcusable for a team of this caliber.

Even Hawk says that this team is just not as hungry as the '05 team was. That's pretty clear by now. I can't figure it out, but it's definitely something in the mental makeup of the club.

0o0o0
08-17-2006, 10:46 AM
All I can say is that sometimes this game don't make no damn sense...

I can see it now...they lose again today, but then go to Minnesota and sweep them. It can and just might happen. If anyone can explain these kind of things to me, please do so.

You just never, ever know, I guess.

:nod: And that's why I love it. And sometimes hate it.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Even Hawk says that this team is just not as hungry as the '05 team was. That's pretty clear by now. I can't figure it out, but it's definitely something in the mental makeup of the club.

Yeah, no kiddin....

You want to hear some dark clouds, Hawk and DJ sounded like they hit the wall last night.

Speaking of bad news....not even my lucky Sox boxers could save our team yesterday...up till then, they were 10-0...ironic, isn't it.

viagracat
08-17-2006, 10:52 AM
bet you would drink a beer in front of me at the cell when I only had 4 bucks in pocket left.

Nah, I'd buy you one. We'd clink the bottoms of our cups. Man Law, you know.

Had I been there last night it would've been cruel NOT to share. :(:

Flight #24
08-17-2006, 10:54 AM

The only real saving grace is that they have a bunch of games v the Twins & Tiggers. But of course, you need to actually beat the doormats sometimes to make those games meaningful.

Championship teams don't lie down against doormats during crucial games down the stretch. That's what you find from teams that miss the postseason and spend October thinking "what if".

champagne030
08-17-2006, 10:58 AM
I
- In Pods defense, the shallow fly that everyone thought should have been caught was a very lucky hit. A runner was on first and took off on the pitch. The middle infielders were running to cover 2nd, and he hit a duck snort. Yes, in a normal situtation it would have been caught by SS, but in this case it was just luck.

The problem I had with this play was Cintron covering 2B. DeJesus wasn't going to be pulling JC. Iguchi should've taken the potential throw and then Alex makes an easy catch.

It was a total team meltdown for the White Sox last night. It started with the lineup and continued with terrible pitching, fielding, and hitting.

XOS THW
08-17-2006, 11:08 AM
I won't count or think about this game ever again, since the Tigers lost too.

CaptainBallz
08-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Were there any post-game comments by Ozzie & co. making some sense out of this?

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Nah, I'd buy you one. We'd clink the bottoms of our cups. Man Law, you know.

Had I been there last night it would've been cruel NOT to share. :(:

Thanks man, it is your kindness that sustained me in my time of need.

downstairs
08-17-2006, 11:18 AM
So I wake up this morning and realize we're tied for the SECOND BEST RECORD IN ALL OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL.

I was at last nights game, and I believe the MLB should have given the Sox three losses for that stinker.

But... off the ledges everyone. There are 29/30 teams below us or tied with us at this point.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 11:26 AM
So I wake up this morning and realize we're tied for the SECOND BEST RECORD IN ALL OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL.

I was at last nights game, and I believe the MLB should have given the Sox three losses for that stinker.

But... off the ledges everyone. There are 29/30 teams below us or tied with us at this point.

Let's keep that way, shall we.....

Baby Fisk
08-17-2006, 11:46 AM
I can't believe we are being depantsed and humiliated by the Royals.

http://www.petersellersappreciationsociety.com/Pictures/FCharacter/HrundiV.Bakshi.jpg
"Depantsed and humiliated? Oh, now I am grasping the meaning of such comment. I see you are having your trousers forcibly removed, thus allowing for spectators to make laughter at your exposed undergarments and genitalia. HEE HEE! OH HEE HEE HEE! I am cognizant of the situation and find it a source of great mirth. HOWDY PART-EN-ER! HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE!"

spiffie
08-17-2006, 11:53 AM
By which team? The Yankees we just took 2 of 3 from? Or the Tigers who we swept just last ****ing weekend?! Or is that so long ago that we don't remember those games?

CaptainBallz
08-17-2006, 12:02 PM
By which team? The Yankees we just took 2 of 3 from? Or the Tigers who we swept just last ****ing weekend?! Or is that so long ago that we don't remember those games?

That's what is aggravating the hell out of everybody. Are they going to keep that intensity against good teams? I'd love to believe that once it matters (or least they feel it matters) they will continue to step it up. Or are they going to go back to July form? Will they revert back to getting swept and losing series to good teams? What has been fielded the last two games was a team that didn't appear to give a **** about winning.

There are two Sox teams right now and it's obvious that there is no rhyme or reason as to which one is going to come out on any given day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back into my rubber room until about 3:15-ish.

credefan24
08-17-2006, 12:11 PM
I've got a question. Why didn't Pods even attempt to steal last night?
Bako's not a great catcher, maybe Pods should have at least tried to swipe one bag? I dunno.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 12:15 PM
I can't believe we are being depantsed and humiliated

Damn, not again...am I the only one that this happens too.....is it me, is it something I am doing....am I sharing to much??? hmmmm.

southside rocks
08-17-2006, 12:35 PM
There are two Sox teams right now and it's obvious that there is no rhyme or reason as to which one is going to come out on any given day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back into my rubber room until about 3:15-ish.
Yep, there are the Real Sox and the Zombie Sox.

I'm going to the game today, and if the Zombie Sox take the field, I will insist that a beer vendor sit next to me for 7 innings. Or maybe the guy with the tank of frozen margaritas. :o:

Lip Man 1
08-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Regarding the Milli Vanilli comment...yes they won a Grammy and then they were revealed as frauds who didn't even record their own songs. The grammy was taken away from them and they were never heard from again. Ummmm that wasn't the best comparison to make with the White Sox......but then again.....

Exchanged e-mails with a friend who is one of the beat writers today. In short said person said they simply don't understand having Mack and Gload in the outfield at the same time unless the Sox are trying to trade one of them to clear salary space for 2007.

That brings up a question to me....why are the Sox talking about 'salary space'?

They are going to draw close to three million this season. For decades ownership has said 'if you come out, we'll spend the money....'

Is three million fans 'suddenly' not good enough to keep the payroll at the level it is right now?

The other thing my friend noted was that Contreras' velocity is down.

Lip

Lip Man 1
08-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Southside:

"Dad you killed the zombie Flanders!!!"

"He was a zombie?"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/C-homer.png/222px-C-homer.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C-homer.png)

samram
08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Regarding the Milli Vanilli comment...yes they won a Grammy and then they were revealed as frauds who didn't even record their own songs. The grammy was taken away from them and they were never heard from again. Ummmm that wasn't the best comparison to make with the White Sox......but then again.....

Exchanged e-mails with a friend who is one of the beat writers today. In short said person said they simply don't understand having Mack and Gload in the outfield at the same time unless the Sox are trying to trade one of them to clear salary space for 2007.

That brings up a question to me....why are the Sox talking about 'salary space'?

They are going to draw close to three million this season. For decades ownership has said 'if you come out, we'll spend the money....'

Is three million fans 'suddenly' not good enough to keep the payroll at the level it is right now?

The other thing my friend noted was that Contreras' velocity is down.

Lip

Couple of things:

By clearing space, they could mean they want to move one of those guys with one of the starters and add pieces back. I don't think clearing space necessarily means lowering payroll, but that's a discussion for December.

The problem I see with having both Mack and Gload out there (and perhaps this has been mentioned) is that it sends the message that the Royals are a team against which everyone can take a breather.

Also, my guess is Jose lost his arm slot again and that's why his velocity was down. I didn't see the game (thanks mlb.tv!), but I'll bet that's what happened.

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Lip

I'll buy that for a dollar....because that is at least an explanation other than Ozzie is being completely stubborn. Which is what I usually default too.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Couple of things:

By clearing space, they could mean they want to move one of those guys with one of the starters and add pieces back. I don't think clearing space necessarily means lowering payroll, but that's a discussion for December.

The problem I see with having both Mack and Gload out there (and perhaps this has been mentioned) is that it sends the message that the Royals are a team against which everyone can take a breather.

Also, my guess is Jose lost his arm slot again and that's why his velocity was down. I didn't see the game (thanks mlb.tv!), but I'll bet that's what happened.I'd say you're correct on the payroll issue. Clearing space doesn't necessarily mean reductions. If they clear space so they can go after someone like Miguel Tejada...:bandance:

CaptainBallz
08-17-2006, 01:20 PM
I'll buy that for a dollar....because that is at least an explanation other than Ozzie is being completely stubborn. Which is what I usually default too.

Would I be completely ignorant if I found that whole line of reasoning absurd, considering they're in the thick of fighting for 2006's title?

I'm sure they have plenty of footage of Gload and Macko to share with potential takers while they focus on, I don't know, getting to the postseason.

Ol' No. 2
08-17-2006, 01:22 PM
I'll buy that for a dollar....because that is at least an explanation other than Ozzie is being completely stubborn. Which is what I usually default too.Why is it better to have them play on separate days? If you assume they each decrease your chance of winning, why are two smaller increments better than one large one?

CommanderPudge72
08-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Would I be completely ignorant if I found that whole line of reasoning absurd, considering they're in the thick of fighting for 2006's title?

I'm sure they have plenty of footage of Gload and Macko to share with potential takers while they focus on, I don't know, getting to the postseason.

Guys, chill out....its a joke.

But if you like Mack in Center this year...that is your opinion.

I am aware of where they are in the standings...I am also aware that Mack dosen't do well in Center and Ozzie seems to like to play him out there at least once a series, despite the evidence.

CaptainBallz
08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Guys, chill out....its a joke.

But if you like Mack in Center this year...that is your opinion.

I am aware of where they are in the standings...I am also aware that Mack dosen't do well in Center and Ozzie seems to like to play him out there at least once a series, despite the evidence.

Sorry, I should've actually quoted Lip. My comments were directed at the idea of showcasing GloadWiak for 2007 salary purposes. I find that absurd. And I hate Mack in center. So now I'm totally confused and I'm going back into my rubber room.