PDA

View Full Version : Are 'Standing Room Only' tickets available?

sageofthesox
08-16-2006, 12:33 PM
During last night's game, I met up with some people who told me they had to scoot some others out of their outfield seats. The intruders were holding "Standing Room" tickets and were under the false impression that SRO tickets enabled them to sit in any vacant seat.

I didn't know SRO tickets were available at The Cell. Does anyone know about these tickets cost, availability, etc.?

itsnotrequired
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I believe ewokpelts has some thoughts on this issue...

pdimas
08-16-2006, 12:43 PM
During last night's game, I met up with some people who told me they had to scoot some others out of their outfield seats. The intruders were holding "Standing Room" tickets and were under the false impression that SRO tickets enabled them to sit in any vacant seat.

I didn't know SRO tickets were available at The Cell. Does anyone know about these tickets cost, availability, etc.?

I had some tickets at Will Call on Monday and some guy behind me said something to the effect of "hey we can get SRO tickets and sit in the bleachers because they are like buying bleacher seats" I turned and had to tell him that the tickets in the bleachers were assigned and that it wasn't open seating. He asked if it they could get to the concourse with them and I told him I didn't know and then he went back to calling them bleacher tix. He reeked of liquor so I let it go.

IlliniSox4Life
08-16-2006, 12:51 PM
SRO tickets are available on days where tickets sell out shortly before gametime. The idea is that people who see tickets are available, and come down to the ball park expecting to get tickets are able to at least get in instead of seeing tickets are sold out and having to turn around. For big series that are sold out ahead of time, standing room tickets are not sold.

The SRO area is basically on the concourse in the outfield.

Edit: I think the cost probably depends on exactly what pricing schedule it is, but I think last year I paid $17 for a standing room only ticket. That may have been a Monday though.

ktssox
08-16-2006, 12:57 PM
I was offered standing room tickets for the LAA game last Monday, but they were almost $30 each! Seemed a little expensive when you have to stand for the entire game. But I guess if it's a game you really want to go to, it's a nice option to have.

Chicken Dinner
08-16-2006, 01:06 PM
I was offered standing room tickets for the LAA game last Monday, but they were almost $30 each! Seemed a little expensive when you have to stand for the entire game. But I guess if it's a game you really want to go to, it's a nice option to have.

Some people here like to stand in front of their seat.

dllrbll7
08-16-2006, 01:18 PM

The sox are offering SRO tickets for all games now because they want to hit the 3 million mark. The price is steep, I paid $27 for a weeknight game. They have to make the prices more than the upperdeck prices because the upper deck tickets don't allow you access to the lower level while the SRO tickets do. You can stand anywhere on the lower level.

tacosalbarojas
08-16-2006, 01:29 PM
The sox are offering SRO tickets for all games now because they want to hit the 3 million mark. The price is steep, I paid $27 for a weeknight game. They have to make the prices more than the upperdeck prices because the upper deck tickets don't allow you access to the lower level while the SRO tickets do. You can stand anywhere on the lower level.That was my take on this as well because IIRC last year they wouldn't sell SRO at all. It sounded like an attempt to hit 3 mill to me.

Harry Potter
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
SRO seats were running $31 for the Tigers series last weekend

salty99
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM

What a great deal!

itsnotrequired
08-16-2006, 02:02 PM
That was my take on this as well because IIRC last year they wouldn't sell SRO at all. It sounded like an attempt to hit 3 mill to me.

Well, they better start selling more; they are currently on pace for 2,948,771.

stacksedwards
08-16-2006, 02:08 PM
So wait you mean you can get SRO for most games. I would much rather stand in the outfield all game for $30 than pay $18 to sit in Sec 506 Row 20.

BigPapaPump
08-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Not a bad deal if you can get your hands on some Stadium Club passes.

Soxfanspcu11
08-16-2006, 02:25 PM
That was my take on this as well because IIRC last year they wouldn't sell SRO at all. It sounded like an attempt to hit 3 mill to me.

You recall incorrectly. They sold SRO on numerous occasions last year.

mrfourni
08-16-2006, 02:27 PM
The SRO area is basically on the concourse in the outfield.

My seats are in right field. I hate when there is a big standing room only crowd out there. It is almost impossible to walk around back there. I wish they would stop doing this. But if it means signing more Free Agents, then I guess I could suck it up.

ewokpelts
08-16-2006, 04:51 PM
I believe ewokpelts has some thoughts on this issue...thanks for reminding me

ewokpelts
08-16-2006, 04:54 PM
The sox are offering SRO tickets for all games now because they want to hit the 3 million mark. The price is steep, I paid $27 for a weeknight game. They have to make the prices more than the upperdeck prices because the upper deck tickets don't allow you access to the lower level while the SRO tickets do. You can stand anywhere on the lower level. Bill,
They do NOT sell them for games that are considered SOLD out before the day of game.
There were NO sro seats for the yankee or ligers series.
But the Anaheim game had over 1000 seats left for sale the day of game.
Gene

p.s. SRO ticket prices are equal to the bleacher ticket cost

cbotnyse
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Bill,
They do NOT sell them for games that are considered SOLD out before the day of game.
Gene

p.s. SRO ticket prices are equal to the bleacher ticket costUm, I purchased a SRO ticket for a Tigers game last weekend. $31 :whiner:

dllrbll7
08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Bill,
Gene

p.s. SRO ticket prices are equal to the bleacher ticket cost

I bought a SRO for the Yankees series day of game.

jabrch
08-16-2006, 07:52 PM

They were $27 vs KC last night.

FedEx227
08-16-2006, 07:56 PM
They were $27 vs KC last night.

Yup, I called yesterday to inquire and they were running at $27. No thank you.