PDA

View Full Version : Joe Cowley

hawkjt
08-16-2006, 12:49 PM
irritated me when he wrote yesterday in the game story that it was nice of MLB to give the sox a bye this week in the form of KC.

Buddy Bell most certainly made sure his guys saw that and I am guessing that Hernandez and co. were a little extra fired up against the sox last nite.

Then today- Cowley focus's on Javvy and indicated it was no surprise that he struggled again with his history.

Well, Joe Knowitall- if you anticipated Javy sucking- why did you indicate that a sweep was a lock?

Did you happen to notice that the sox have lost 4 games to the royals coming into this series with many of the wins being difficult. They match up against the sox for some reason-like we match up against the tigers. No explaining it but do not tempt fate by being the big city sportswriter looking down his nose at the little guys. It adds another chip to the opponents shoulder.

This is somewhat irrational but I just winced when I saw that yesterday and had a bad feeling that you just try to win these games without trash talking and move on.

Go gettem tonite, Jose.

DickAllen72
08-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Cowley is a tool.

caulfield12
08-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Vazquez also had a very good career record against the Royals before last night...of course, that's not entirely surprising since they haven't been competitive for more than a decade now.

MarySwiss
08-17-2006, 09:27 PM
(Joe Cowley) irritated me when he wrote yesterday in the game story that it was nice of MLB to give the sox a bye this week in the form of KC.

Buddy Bell most certainly made sure his guys saw that and I am guessing that Hernandez and co. were a little extra fired up against the sox last nite.

Cowley is a tool.

And?

It sure would be nice if the beat writers who covered the Sox actually wanted them to win, wouldn't it?

But, I wouldn't hold my breath. And in real life, who the hell cares? NOTHING these bozos write matters.

Chisox003
08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
irritated me when he wrote yesterday in the game story that it was nice of MLB to give the sox a bye this week in the form of KC.

Then today- Cowley focus's on Javvy and indicated it was no surprise that he struggled again with his history.

Well, Joe Knowitall- if you anticipated Javy sucking- why did you indicate that a sweep was a lock?

Did you happen to notice that the sox have lost 4 games to the royals coming into this series with many of the wins being difficult. They match up against the sox for some reason-like we match up against the tigers. No explaining it but do not tempt fate by being the big city sportswriter looking down his nose at the little guys. It adds another chip to the opponents shoulder.

This is somewhat irrational but I just winced when I saw that yesterday and had a bad feeling that you just try to win these games without trash talking and move on.

Go gettem tonite, Jose.
It's still no excuse to split with the worst team in baseball at home, and do it while playing as poorly as we did.