PDA

View Full Version : 2005 postseason poster: folder and unfolded?

BainesHOF
08-15-2006, 01:05 PM
The framing store I go to has a framing special that ends tomorrow so I'm trying to decide whether I should get this folded poster framed or whether I should hold out and track down one that's unfolded, if it exists in an unfolded state.

The postseason poster I'm talking about is the one that has three long grinder rule-type images that stretch the length of the poster. The one that stretches across the top is of El Duque's pitch-by-pitch sequence in Game 3 of the ALDS. The second one that runs across the middle is of our starting pitchers and their performance in the ALCS. The one across the bottom features a picture of a different player for each postseason win.

It's a great poster. It's the one that were giving away at Soxfest to people who were interested in buying group tickets. It later was mailed to season ticket holders. I've only seen it folded, however. Framing costs a lot of money so I'd like to track down an unfolded one, if one exists, as long as I'm shelling out a good chunk of change. Of course an unfolded one will look a lot better hanging on the wall too.

Has anyone seen this poster unfolded?

Tekijawa
08-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Has anyone seen this poster unfolded?
I unfolded mine right after I got it!:redneck It looks great!

Baby Fisk
08-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Perhaps you could contact the agency that designed the ads?

Brian26
08-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Those framing stores run coupons every month. I'd say wait it out and try to find one that's unfolded. It will be worth the wait.

BainesHOF
08-15-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm willing to wait, but I'm not sure you can find one unfolded. I've never seen one or heard anyone talk about one.

BainesHOF
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
In case anyone cares, the Sox told me these posters only exist folded.

esbrechtel
08-17-2006, 11:00 AM
maybe you can iron it....:smile:

BainesHOF
08-17-2006, 11:28 AM
I think the framer can basically do that by dry mounting it.