PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket holder *Important Postseason Ticket Info*

Scottiehaswheels
08-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I submitted payment for my postseason tix but the money didn't come from my ticketExchange balance, instead it was billed to my credit card because I had more money in my account than the bill for my postseason tix accounted for.

Talked to my rep and they are going through the list of people this might affect now that I brought it to their attention. Just thought I would inform those that might be in the same position as myself to check your credit card statements if you don't see a decrease in your ticketExchange balance.

The Sox are working on fixing this as we speak so if you haven't already submitted payment you shouldn't have a problem but the rest of us that have already submitted payment may need to contact your rep.

NoNeckEra
08-15-2006, 12:35 PM
My impression from my rep was that if you did nothing, you would automatically have your postseason tix paid for with tixexhange funds if there was enough to cover.

If you actually submitted payment online by giving your credit card, they would use that.

Scottiehaswheels
08-15-2006, 12:40 PM
My impression from my rep was that if you did nothing, you would automatically have your postseason tix paid for with tixexhange funds if there was enough to cover.

If you actually submitted payment online by giving your credit card, they would use that.True, but the problem for me, as I know it will be with others, is that I have more money in my season ticket account than the cost of playoff tix... you can't submit payment on them without supplying your credit card info... the error occurred because I have more money in my tix exchange account than the cost of the tix thus charging my credit card the full amount instead of deducting the entire balance from my tix exchange account. weird computer glitch or something...

NoNeckEra
08-15-2006, 12:48 PM
True, but the problem for me, as I know it will be with others, is that I have more money in my season ticket account than the cost of playoff tix... you can't submit payment on them without supplying your credit card info... the error occurred because I have more money in my tix exchange account than the cost of the tix thus charging my credit card the full amount instead of deducting the entire balance from my tix exchange account. weird computer glitch or something...
I have more in my Tix exchange balance than I need too. So, according to what they told me, you DON'T have to submit an order.

Scottiehaswheels
08-15-2006, 12:53 PM
I have more in my Tix exchange balance than I need too. So, according to what they told me, you DON'T have to submit an order.Interesting... Did they send you an email recently about that or something? Looking at what was posted online for my account I didn't read it that way or maybe I just completely missed it.. Either way I wanted to get it taken care of ASAP so as to not lose a potential place in whatever queue there might be.

The Dude
08-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Interesting... Did they send you an email recently about that or something? Looking at what was posted online for my account I didn't read it that way or maybe I just completely missed it.. Either way I wanted to get it taken care of ASAP so as to not lose a potential place in whatever queue there might be.

Do we have to send the order in? Wouldnt they just assume we are getting postseason tickets and bill us?

Scottiehaswheels
08-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Do we have to send the order in? Wouldnt they just assume we are getting postseason tickets and bill us?My assumption (probably wrong) but if that were the case why even give us an invoice? Why not just automatically withdraw the money from our accounts and post the receipt/completed invoice at the same time?

itsnotrequired
08-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Do we have to send the order in? Wouldnt they just assume we are getting postseason tickets and bill us?

Yes, you need to send the order in. If you do it online, you will pay the full amount up front and they will credit you later for Ticket Exchange funds. They will be mailing hard copies of the invoices and the balance on there WILL reflect savings based on Ticket Exchange funds. So if you wait to mail it in, you won't have to have the full amount up front.

The Dude
08-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes, you need to send the order in. If you do it online, you will pay the full amount up front and they will credit you later for Ticket Exchange funds. They will be mailing hard copies of the invoices and the balance on there WILL reflect savings based on Ticket Exchange funds. So if you wait to mail it in, you won't have to have the full amount up front.
From what I understood on the site, is to simply pay the other amount for the total - the exchange balance and it should update itself. That's what I did and just paid $1027 instead of the whole total. I would think that I did it correctly, but if not...feel free to tell me I'm wrong.:D:

itsnotrequired
08-15-2006, 01:54 PM
From what I understood on the site, is to simply pay the other amount for the total - the exchange balance and it should update itself. That's what I did and just paid $1027 instead of the whole total. I would think that I did it correctly, but if not...feel free to tell me I'm wrong.:D:

I actually haven't gone through the whole process yet and was just interpreting what the instructions on the screen said. Looks like I was a little off.:redface:

Timmy D's
08-15-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm really confused and trying to call my rep, but line is busy w/ a capital B!! Let me try and get this staright. Lets say I have $1,000 on my X change balance, and for 4 tickets to all post season games and parking, I sho an invoice of $4,380, so I need to pay another $3,380 now, on my crdit card to insure my playoff tickets?? Which if not needed, will go back into my account I can use for next year.

My main beef is, I really dont want to put $3380 on my high interest cc right now. I think that kinda stinks. Check me if I'm wrong, but I didnt do it this way last year. They asked me post season if I wanted my tix and I said yes, and gave her my CC over the phone at that time.

itsnotrequired
08-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm really confused and trying to call my rep, but line is busy w/ a capital B!! Let me try and get this staright. Lets say I have $1,000 on my X change balance, and for 4 tickets to all post season games and parking, I sho an invoice of $4,380, so I need to pay another $3,380 now, on my crdit card to insure my playoff tickets?? Which if not needed, will go back into my account I can use for next year.

This is the way I read it. If you want to opt out of season tickets next year, the Sox will cut you a check for the total of the unplayed games.

Scottiehaswheels
08-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Let me try and get this staright. Lets say I have $1,000 on my X change balance, and for 4 tickets to all post season games and parking, I sho an invoice of $4,380, so I need to pay another $3,380 now, on my crdit card to insure my playoff tickets?? Which if not needed, will go back into my account I can use for next year.
I'm pretty sure that is correct. The payment isn't due until August 31st but I think with the high demand for tix they are trying to get their ducks in a row early to know what would be available for the playoffs/MLB, instead of a last minute type deal like last year which sounded like a cluster...

Timmy D's
08-15-2006, 02:47 PM
o.k., I think I get it. What the hell I think I'll hit submit, and see what happens. I'm crazy like that, lol. :?: :?: :gulp:

jenn2080
08-15-2006, 02:51 PM
that is basically what they are doing according to my rep.

Scottiehaswheels
08-15-2006, 02:53 PM
o.k., I think I get it. What the hell I think I'll hit submit, and see what happens. I'm crazy like that, lol. :?: :?: :gulp:LOL good luck...