PDA

View Full Version : Reminder! Sox/Flubs@Wrigley tix Friday

Foulke You
02-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Just a reminder to my fellow Sox fans who wish to invade Wrigley Field in June for the crosstown series June 14-16. Tickets go on sale tomorrow 8AM at the Wrigley box office (not that I'd be caught dead there) and by calling 1-800-THE-CUBS. Then at 10AM you can purchase tickets through tickets.com outlets (some Sears and Sears Hardware locations) and at the Cubs website (www.cubs.com) through tickets.com. If it is anything like last year, don't expect to get through on the phone at all, you have to get a stupid number bracelet at the Wrigley box office, and if you are somehow able to log onto their website, expect to throw $#!t at your computer as you try and try to process your order. Somehow I was able to get tickets for the Thurs. and Fri. game last year. At 12:30PM the server loosened up enough for me to get tickets. Basically, the Cubs sell their tickets about as well as they play baseball. Happy tix hunting guys!

DVG
02-21-2002, 11:48 PM
You know, I actually thought of going to Wrigley Field to buy tix
for the Sox-Cubs series there. That is, until I read that you get
a number bracelet and have to show two forms of ID. I thought,
what the frick is that? Sounds like a damn George Orwell novel.
Forget it. I'll try later today by phone. If I don't get tix, I'll satisfy
myself with going to the Comiskey series and try to overcome
the horrible trauma that comes with being unable to see the
Wrigley Cathedral in person.

cheeses_h_rice
02-22-2002, 11:45 AM
I'm trying to order tickets online today, and they've got this new b.s. virtual "waiting room" that you get dumped into as soon as you click on a game. Basically, it prevents you from constantly refreshing your browser or using multiple browers to try and get in. You're forced to wait 30 seconds before it makes another feeble attempt to find you tickets.

I'm sure they're doing this to ease the load on their servers, yet they make it seem like the longer you wait in line, the better your chances are of getting tix. Fat chance of that!

nut_stock
02-22-2002, 03:36 PM
I've tried all day to get tickets for either the Sat or Sun game, now it says there are no longer tickets available. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on ebay and prepare to grab my ankles.

Vsahajpal
02-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I've tried all day to get tickets for either the Sat or Sun game, now it says there are no longer tickets available. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on ebay and prepare to grab my ankles.

lol, yep! Fortunately, I have friends that go to DePaul and cut class. We'll be there the entire weekend, hopefully the series means some thing, apart from bragging rights. The Sox'll be in 1st, the Cubs have a decent chance with a pretty weak schedule, the first few months

CerberusWG
02-22-2002, 03:53 PM
My Dad gets them every year for free. Thank you, Praxair!