PDA

View Full Version : Who's next?


TimChamp
02-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Hey guys, I know that someone posted something about Colon being older, but I found an article with more figures on older players, etc. It's sad that they had to go with a lower age because of the pressure that scouts give for age...

Anyways, here's the article...
Who's next? (http://www.sportsline.com/u/ce/multi/0,1329,5040627_52,00.html)

Does anyone know how old Maggs, CLee, and Valentin really are??? I'm just kidding, but really, I wonder how old some of these guys really are... :?: :angry: :gulp: :(:

ScottyTheSoxFan
02-21-2002, 05:42 PM
When i read that i immediatley thought of guys like Lee and Barcelo. I would hope they are not lying but it seems like "the "crap' is hitting the fan" for alot of players who have lied about their age.

czalgosz
02-21-2002, 05:50 PM
I would be willing to bet good money that Arnaldo Munoz is not 19.

TimChamp
02-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
I would be willing to bet good money that Arnaldo Munoz is not 19.

LOL!!! I'm with you on that one... :D:

Huisj
02-21-2002, 07:49 PM
In that article, it says that Colon is only 1 year older. In the other one that was on MLB.com, they said he was 4 years older. Anyone know which one is right?

Daver
02-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
In that article, it says that Colon is only 1 year older. In the other one that was on MLB.com, they said he was 4 years older. Anyone know which one is right?

Only Colon knows for sure,and I'm sure he will say "No Comment."

Soxheads
02-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
In that article, it says that Colon is only 1 year older. In the other one that was on MLB.com, they said he was 4 years older. Anyone know which one is right?

Would you trust Major League Baseball?

delben91
02-21-2002, 08:30 PM
In theory, at the moment, it doesn't matter how old they are, as long as they keep producing. I mean, once you get out of the "prospect" stage, age is a non-issue until your skills start to decline.

:harold
"Look how well I'm still playing!"

Iguana775
02-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by daver


Only Colon knows for sure,and I'm sure he will say "No Comment."

i say we do some carbon dating tests on him....or we could just cut him in half and count the rings!! :gulp:

CLR01
02-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775


i say we do some carbon dating tests on him....or we could just cut him in half and count the rings!! :gulp:


Would the undigested doughnuts screw up the counting??Only Colon knows for sure,and I'm sure he will say "No Comment."


If it was me i would go for only a year older instead of no comment.

Iguana775
02-21-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by CLR01



Would the undigested doughnuts screw up the counting??


LMAO!!

good question, though. :?: :?:

Paulwny
02-22-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by delben91
In theory, at the moment, it doesn't matter how old they are, as long as they keep producing. I mean, once you get out of the "prospect" stage, age is a non-issue until your skills start to decline.

:harold
"Look how well I'm still playing!"

Age becomes important when a player is negotiating for a long term contract. You might give a 33yr old a 5 yr contract but not a 35yr old.