PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Royal Ass Whuppin' 8/14/06 Postgame Thread

Unregistered
08-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Keep winning. No time for love, Dr. Jones.

1951Campbell
08-14-2006, 10:51 PM
I really only say it when things are going well:

Pwned.

Kub_Killer_15
08-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Sox continue to kill their divison! Love the title by the way! DID YOU EVER STOP BELIVEIN?:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Andy T Clown
08-14-2006, 10:54 PM
I like the way this is looking.:D:
Does anyone know why McCarthy is starting tomorrow?

JB98
Nice to have an easy one. MacDougal, Thornton and Jenks all needed a day of rest. Seven innings by Garland and an offensive explosion were just what the doctor ordered for the back end of our bullpen. We've had a lot of close games this week, and those guys have had to work a lot lately.

Frontman
Fire up the music, boys and girls. The Sox kicking tail and not looking back.

Any word on JD's leg? Man, I do hope he isn't hurt too seriously, we need him!!!

Glad to see we didn't take KC lightly after "big wins" over the Yanks and the Tigers.

Front

TomParrish79
08-14-2006, 10:55 PM
great game from the offense....another great game pitched by Jon....hope Javy carries the momentum into tomorrow's game.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Nice relaxing game. Let's keep it up. Hope Detroit can start a new losing streak tomorrow.

GO WHITE SOX:supernana:

salty99
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM

What are you talking about? Vazquez is starting.

Frontman
08-14-2006, 10:56 PM

Andy, where did you get that info? Their site is still listing Javy to pitch tomorrow (and didn't McCarthy close tonights game for us?)

Front

RowanDye
08-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Watch out... Andersons gaining confidence.

dagotony06
08-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Another solid pitching outing by Garland, he had it working tonight and looked sharp. This rotation is feeding off of each other, that's what is gonna get us back to where we want to be. The team showed no effects of a letdown, that's what I was really worried about. The offense showed up and really took it to the picthers from KC. That just shows me this team has found it's groove, and is ready to defend their crown. Here's to Javy tomorrow:gulp: , and to another solid pitching performance. Keep it going Javy!!!:bandance:

Andy T Clown
08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
What are you talking about? Vazquez is starting.

I think they briefly had bad info on whitesox.com. It is now corrected. Sorry if I scared anyone.

NoShoesJoe
08-14-2006, 11:01 PM
I think they briefly had bad info on whitesox.com. It is now corrected. Sorry if I scared anyone.

Whew. That sounded like Fingernails on a blackboard.

NoShoesJoe
08-14-2006, 11:02 PM
JD's OK according to Ozzie and Herm. A little rest for him and Crede.

Unregistered
08-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Any word on JD's leg? Man, I do hope he isn't hurt too seriously, we need him!!!

JD left when they were up 8-0. Apparently he was just taken out for precautionary measures and should be completely fine.

batmanZoSo
08-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Apparently we're Detroit's kryptonite. No one else can beat them.

Bah. Boston'll take care of the next two while we take care of the next three.

goon
08-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Apparently we're Detroit's kryptonite.

they don't matter.

in a few weeks they aren't even going to be matter.

Lip Man 1
08-14-2006, 11:06 PM
They are playing with passion and with purpose again. No let down tonight, no let down tomorrow. Just keep winning and keep reducing that number to make the post season.

Lip

monkeypants
08-14-2006, 11:07 PM
"All I need are some tasty waves, good starting pitching and I'm fine."

http://unreelmedia.net/serendipity/uploads/MovieStills/spicoli.jpg

jenn2080
08-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Stellar game by the White Sox. We are kicking ass! Good to see Crede and JD getting some rest. BA great great game.

mrs. hendu
08-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Watch out... Andersons gaining confidence.
I was just telling Hendu that BA is more outgoing or whatever than we might think. I still remember his involvement in the Flubs brawl at the cell. Only because he's no power hitter doesn't mean he's just as subdued off the field.

jongarlandlover
08-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Good game for Jonny boy and for Brian! :D:

Great job boys, not playing down to the competition. Just keep winning, that's all we ask.

digdagdug23
08-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Sox continue to kill their divison! Love the title by the way! DID YOU EVER STOP BELIVEIN?:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Umm, yes, IIRC there were quite a few that had checked their faith at the door. Check the sig, baby, me and Illini, so totally called it. :tongue:

batmanZoSo
08-14-2006, 11:27 PM
They are playing with passion and with purpose again. No let down tonight, no let down tomorrow. Just keep winning and keep reducing that number to make the post season.

Lip

Absolutely. We got what we were looking for. They don't care who they're playing, they're just full throttle ass-kicking.

Kub_Killer_15
08-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kub_Killer_15

Originally Posted by digdagdug23
Umm, yes, IIRC there were quite a few that had checked their faith at the door. Check the sig, baby, me and Illini, so totally called it. :tongue:

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KgbmMIvIH2xbkM:http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/2005/10/ladies_and_gent_2.html&h=202&w=148&sz=14&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=KgbmMIvIH2xbkM:&tbnh=105&tbnw=77&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhawk%2Bharrelson%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3D en%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff)Well for all those hinney birds that didnt believe SCREW EM

cws05champ
08-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Mod Edit: Um... No... See you in a week.

Britt Burns
08-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Great job BA! Average up to .225, gets a homer and a walk and plays solid D in center. Great to see him kicking it up a level.

A. Cavatica
08-14-2006, 11:40 PM

That didn't scare anyone.

This is how you scare people:

Does anyone know why Danny Wright is starting tomorrow?

voodoochile
08-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Pretty impressive game there. I was just thinking. "Get the maximum. Don't leave anyone on base this inning." Then Thome went yard and it was 8-0. Shortly thereafter I switched my MLB.TV over the the kittens game...

Can't win 'em all, but the Sox look like they are ready to win a bunch...

:winner

:):supernana:

Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
Let the sun shine
The sun shine in...

:)

JB98
08-14-2006, 11:41 PM
That didn't scare anyone.

This is how you scare people:

Does anyone know why Danny Wright is starting tomorrow?

We've won five in a row. Might as well start Cotts tomorrow.

A. Cavatica
08-14-2006, 11:46 PM
We've won five in a row. Might as well start Cotts tomorrow.

"Exactly."

:jerry

SoxandtheCityTee
08-14-2006, 11:55 PM
"Exactly."

:jerry

OMG, hilarious -- first the Wright reference and now this -- so much easier to laugh at all that old pain now --

markopat
08-14-2006, 11:55 PM
It sure is a different feeling when we score some runs before they do like today...Even several helps...8 ROCKS!

Nice hitting today and solid start by JG!

Let's keep it going tomorrow!

Go Go SOX!

Zisk77
08-14-2006, 11:58 PM
End the B.A. experiment now. Play Mackowiak in Cf until we can trade for Torii Hunter, Andruw Jones, or Aaron Rowand.

Maybe we can trade Garland for Jason Schmidt!

chisox77
08-15-2006, 12:00 AM
All the White Sox need to do is take care of their own business, and they will be where they want to be, and where they should be.

:cool:

hi im skot
08-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Wonderful!

:bandance:

gobears1987
08-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Sweet game, I just got home from it. I was sitting up in 544. Ozuna's catch was amazing (too bad his D wasn't as great at 3rd)d. Garland was really effective. If Crede had been at 3B, he would've had a shutout. That 4th inning was amazing. Anderson rules and is now batting .226!!!!:o: Imagine if you cut out April through June. BA will be an asset for years to come.

gobears1987
08-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Does anyone know why McCarthy is starting tomorrow?I can explain why you thought so. It wasn't an error. When a game is in progress, they show which pitcher is currently pitching where it normally has tomorrow's starters. They just waited until a few minutes after the game to change it from McCarthy to Vazquez.

TomBradley72
08-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Brian Anderson is now hitting a clean .300 since the All Star break. The 4th highest batting average of the regulars....combined with his flawless defense...looks like he may have turned the corner.

Domeshot17
08-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Was at the game in my shared home of 107 row 9, great game to watch. The only downer was this drunk next to me in 106 kept going on and on about anderson is no aaron rowand. Some people just don't get it.

Mohoney
08-15-2006, 12:25 AM
OMG, hilarious -- first the Wright reference and now this -- so much easier to laugh at all that old pain now --

Nice meeting you tonight, even if we did get a little beer shower at the end.:redneck

nebraskasox
08-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Brian Anderson is now hitting a clean .300 since the All Star break. The 4th highest batting average of the regulars....combined with his flawless defense...looks like he may have turned the corner.

If BA continues like this or close to it, and Juan can go on one of his patented hot streaks, this lineup will be a pitcher's nightmare. If the starting pitching continues like the last week or so, LOOK OUT A.L.!

tebman
08-15-2006, 12:27 AM
The WSI Fest contingent no doubt was responsible for all 12 runs tonight!

A splendid time was had by all, and especially in the face of big win by the Sox! Everybody dance!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

buehrle4cy05
08-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Just got back from the game, and it was a good one. The Sox had a great strategy against Redman, thinking opposite field/up the middle.

Before the game, I was down in the left field bleachers watching BP, and here comes hotshot Todd Wellemeyer sucking on a sucker and shagging flies. After he's done, he just throws the sucker onto the outfield grass in left-center. I yell "Hey Wellemeyer, are you going to pick that up?" and he just shakes his head no.:rolleyes:

Mohoney
08-15-2006, 12:35 AM

A splendid time was had by all, and especially in the face of big win by the Sox! Everybody dance!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

I really enjoyed meeting some of you tonight. That game flat-out rocked.

EDIT: That's not to suggest that there were people that I didn't enjoy meeting, but rather that I didn't get to meet everybody that was there.

russ99
08-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Just got back from the game, and it was a good one. The Sox had a great strategy against Redman, thinking opposite field/up the middle.

Dude - great sig!! Anyone who equates the Tigers shrinking lead with "Levee" - the all-time best Zep song is cool in my book! :D:

Awesome game tonight, I wish I could have made the WSI event, but I had a group booked in the upper deck already.

Sox win 11-2 = 19 (+me!) happy sox fans! :D:

FielderJones
08-15-2006, 12:44 AM

It was good to see all the COTC I veterans again as well as meet WSIers for the first time. Certainly a rollicking good time was had by all during that 8-run 4th (free coffee for everyone!) FielderJones Jr was the only one disappointed that IronFisk left his cowbell at home. Mrs FielderJones was scandalized by all the profanity in the stands. :wink:

Shout-outs to the WSI Drinking Team of which I am now an offical member (thanks Chips).

Does anyone know what was up with that fire behind the left field stands?

Quote of the night from FielderJones Jr: "I guess the deadly fumes from that fire got to the Royals pitcher." :roflmao:

ilsox7
08-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Gorgeous night for a ballgame. Glad I attended and the game was perfect!

buehrle4cy05
08-15-2006, 12:53 AM
Dude - great sig!! Anyone who equates the Tigers shrinking lead with "Levee" - the all-time best Zep song is cool in my book! :D:

:cool:Thanks. If I had to pick a favorite Zep song, it would be Levee. The opening intro is so ****ing good.:Rocker:

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2006, 12:54 AM
IronFisk left his cowbell at home

That seems impossible! He and the cowbell are inseperable. :o:

Great pounding there! I think we're more than primed for the final push to the "Far Shore" ("Little Boat" reference for all those who remember the old whitesox.com when the boards were run by Ignite in 2000...I bet Sat45 is smiling down from above).

voodoochile
08-15-2006, 12:56 AM
:cool:Thanks. If I had to pick a favorite Zep song, it would be Levee. The opening intro is so ****ing good.:Rocker:

Iroid won't help you.
Rogers won't do you no good.
Sox keep on winning the tigers are going to break...

Joosh
08-15-2006, 12:58 AM
What a great night for WSI to get together. I was really nervous about meeting everyone but once people started introducing themselves, I loosened up a lot. Glad I got the chance to meet all of you and glad we brought home a WHITE SOX WINNER!

buehrle4cy05
08-15-2006, 01:00 AM
What a great night for WSI to get together. I was really nervous about meeting everyone but once people started introducing themselves, I loosened up a lot. Glad I got the chance to meet all of you and glad we brought home a WHITE SOX WINNER!

Damn it...I was under the impression that it was an 18+ type thing, what with it being on the Patio...I would have came instead of having to sit next to a crazy drunk guy who was making me really uncomfortable.:angry:

voodoochile
08-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Speaking of Zep how about...

MaggliO-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
The kittens got to go-oh oh-oh-oh-oh

buehrle4cy05
08-15-2006, 01:02 AM
Speaking of Zep how about...

MaggliO-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
The kittens got to go-oh oh-oh-oh-oh

Voodoo's on a roll tonight.:cool:

SoxSpeed22
08-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Awesome game and keep the momentum up.

SoxShirt
08-15-2006, 01:08 AM
DAMN!!!!:angry::angry::angry: My tv broke about a half hour before the game! Stupid me- instead of listening to the game, I went to see "John Tucker must Die". WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?! The one game I miss in weeks, months maybe and of course they scored 12 runs, and of course BA got a homerun! (The movie wasn't even good. So predictable.):angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

gobears1987
08-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Was at the game in my shared home of 107 row 9, great game to watch. The only downer was this drunk next to me in 106 kept going on and on about anderson is no aaron rowand. Some people just don't get it.He is no Aaron Rowand, he is BETTER than Aaron Rowand. I liked Rowand, but Anderson is the better athlete hands down. Imagine his numbers if he goes a whole season with what he's done since July began.

gobears1987
08-15-2006, 01:40 AM

Quote of the night from FielderJones Jr: "I guess the deadly fumes from that fire got to the Royals pitcher." :roflmao:Does anyone know what it was? I saw the smoke from my seats and wondered what it was.

lostletters
08-15-2006, 01:49 AM
Awesome game and an awesome time with WSI people.

Harry Potter
08-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Does anyone know what it was? I saw the smoke from my seats and wondered what it was.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/newsroom/chi-060814warehouse-fire,1,2958648.story?coll=chi-news-hed

StillMissOzzie
08-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Sweet game, I just got home from it. I was sitting up in 544. Ozuna's catch was amazing (too bad his D wasn't as great at 3rd)d. Garland was really effective. If Crede had been at 3B, he would've had a shutout. That 4th inning was amazing. Anderson rules and is now batting .226!!!!:o: Imagine if you cut out April through June. BA will be an asset for years to come.

Because Crede could have gotten back to haul in that John Buck HR in the 9th?

It was good to see all the COTC I veterans again as well as meet WSIers for the first time. Certainly a rollicking good time was had by all during that 8-run 4th (free coffee for everyone!) FielderJones Jr was the only one disappointed that IronFisk left his cowbell at home. Mrs FielderJones was scandalized by all the profanity in the stands. :wink:

Dammit! I've been to 13 games this year and have YET to see the Sox score in the 4th for some of that free Dunkin Donuts coffee!!!

And as Hawk pointed out, the first 6 runs came WITHOUT a HR, just a team barrage of hits, until Thome went deep for his 2nd hit of the INNING!

:hawk
" I luvvvvvv snowmen when they're not on my golf scorecard! "

SMO
:gulp:

Frankfan4life
08-15-2006, 04:26 AM
Wow! The Sox opened up a big can of Whup-ass on the Royals tonight. They need to keep the pressure on and sweep this series! This will take some pressure off of the upcoming Minnesota & Detroit series.

itsnotrequired
08-15-2006, 08:53 AM
A beatdown is always a good time, especially when it is shared with my WSI brethren.

Sig update time...

Wsoxmike59
08-15-2006, 09:04 AM
I was at the game last night, and the Sox looked great top to bottom. Garland pitched a solid game, the defense looked spectacular, the offense was MIGHTY impressive. The only thing that would've made it a perfect night was if Det had lost to Boston.

That and maybe no warehouse fire in the background spreading noxious fumes in to the ballpark! <gag>

robiwho
08-15-2006, 09:21 AM

Shout-outs to the WSI Drinking Team of which I am now an offical member (thanks Chips).

Maybe IronFisk could donate the cowbell to FielderJones Jr. :D:

Welcome to the team!

MsSoxVixen22
08-15-2006, 09:23 AM

Quote of the night from FielderJones Jr: "I guess the deadly fumes from that fire got to the Royals pitcher." :roflmao:

I said it's just the White Sox setting Chicago on fire! :redneck Great game but JG, he's becoming the ace of the pitching staff this year. Good to see BA finding his place-keep up the good work,buddy! The Sox are playing with the same fire they did last year. I think beating the Yanks and more importantly, sweeping the Tigers, really pumped the guys up. Let's keep it going, boys! :bandance: Here's to Javy having a good outing tonite! :gulp:

TornLabrum
08-15-2006, 09:25 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/newsroom/chi-060814warehouse-fire,1,2958648.story?coll=chi-news-hed

That explains why it reminded me of a tire fire.

soxfan13
08-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Awesome game and an awesome time with WSI people.

Great game it was nice to finally put some faces to WSI user names. Thanks for the good time.:D:

IronFisk
08-15-2006, 10:21 AM
FielderJones Jr was the only one disappointed that IronFisk left his cowbell at home.

Yeah, looking back now, I was far enuf away from those looking to either take away or melt the cowbell. It'll be back my friends, don't you worry - just wanted to make sure Chips would give me my team shirt :redneck.

Great time meeting all of ya! Already looking forward to the next one.

Sox83Kid
08-15-2006, 10:41 AM
What a great night--meeting fellow WSIers for the first time and seeing a good, old-fashioned South Side beat-down! Whatever they're putting in BA's Wheaties is working! :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

slobes
08-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Great pitching + offensive explosion = easy win over the lowly Royals. Keep the same intensity tomorrow.

slavko
08-15-2006, 12:05 PM

His best at bat of the game wasn't one of the 3 hits, it was when he laid off a low fastball on 3-2 and took a walk. In May he'd have gone fishing. He's the real deal and we did right in sticking by him and not going for some other team's overpaid bozo.

The team's turnaround has been amazing. This game is affected by psychology as no other except golf. Upward and onward!

maurice
08-15-2006, 03:32 PM
7-for-15 with 2 BB, 2B, HR, 4 R, 5 RBI, .467 AVE, .529 OBP, .733 SLG.

Frater Perdurabo
08-17-2006, 10:42 AM
That explains why it reminded me of a tire fire.

Firefighters were still trying to extinguish it at 10:40 p.m. or so when Mrs. Frater and I saw it from the northbound Green Line train we were taking back to our hotel.

Anyway, this is my first time checking in since Monday's game, and I wanted to say that I enjoyed meeeting everyone who I met, and regret not meeting all those whom I did not have an opportunity to meet. Mrs. Frater also had a great time. I also enjoyed winning the PTC!
:supernana: