PDA

View Full Version : Monday's Winning Pick to Click

Daver
08-14-2006, 09:46 PM
The South Side Lumber Co. opened up a can on KC led by this guy.

:anderson:

All you doubters can kiss my ass TWICE.

jenn2080
08-14-2006, 09:47 PM
wahoo i finally got a PTC. :bandance:

Tragg
08-14-2006, 09:51 PM
For some reason, Daver's pictures of the PTC never show up on my screen, so I have to guess.

I don't know if BA won (I'd have voted for him), but his OBP must be over .300 at this point...damn fine hitting since the all star break. For yall who see the games...is it solid hitting or just Ozuna-style the grounders are just sneaking through stuff?

Daver
08-14-2006, 09:57 PM
For some reason, Daver's pictures of the PTC never show up on my screen, so I have to guess.

I don't know if BA won (I'd have voted for him), but his OBP must be over .300 at this point...damn fine hitting since the all star break. For yall who see the games...is it solid hitting or just Ozuna-style the grounders are just sneaking through stuff?Hit refresh.

He's hitting the damn ball hard.

VivaOzzie
08-14-2006, 09:57 PM

I don't know if BA won (I'd have voted for him), but his OBP must be over .300 at this point...damn fine hitting since the all star break. For yall who see the games...is it solid hitting or just Ozuna-style the grounders are just sneaking through stuff?

Try hitting refresh. I had to guess for a while until I figured that out.

Anderson won and he's been hitting it solid. He's bringing his hands in and around nicely, and developing a better eye. Well done, BA! :gulp:

JorgeFabregas
08-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Yes, his OBP is just over .300 and his OPS is creeping towards .700. With the good months he's had recently, it will likely balance out to a competent season offensively. I'm really happy to see him doing well.

jongarlandlover
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Whoot! Go Brian! He's got that average up to, what, .225 now? Good for him. I'm happy for him, I've been rooting for him all along. :D:

SoxandtheCityTee
08-14-2006, 10:48 PM
It was the least BA could do for Frater, who as a charter member of the FOBA ably defended him against all comers earlier this season, and who traveled from Texas for tonight's game. I saw Frater at the game and (naturally) he had BA as his PTC tonight.

Brian26
08-14-2006, 10:49 PM
At the game tonight, they forgot to adjust Anderson's average on the scoreboard after the first hit. So, he started the night at .216, got a hit, came up again (.216 still), got another hit, and then came up for the third time at .226. I was rooting for him to go 4 for 4, but the 3 for 3 with a walk was still a good night.

doublem23
08-15-2006, 01:15 AM
TBGR: No Letdown! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3229)

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2006, 01:20 AM
TBGR: No Letdown! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3229)

Short Take: Powered by 8-run 4th inning, surging Sox win 6th game in a row in a royal rout.

My god, Doub...Have you become Nostradamus here??? :cool:

doublem23
08-15-2006, 01:21 AM
[/color][/size][/color][/font]

My god, Doub...Have you become Nostradamus here??? :cool:

Well yes, but ****... you could have IMed me or PMed me or emailed me instead of making me look like a jackass on the boards. :D:

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Well yes, but ****... you could have IMed me or PMed me or emailed me instead of making me look like a jackass on the boards. :D:

I'd love to be able to see the future too...How do you do it? :redneck

doublem23
08-15-2006, 01:24 AM
I'd love to be able to see the future too...How do you do it? :redneck

I didn't go to ISU. :o: :tongue:

Fixed.

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2006, 01:27 AM
I didn't go to ISU. :o: :tongue:

Fixed.

Bradley still sucks! :tongue:

Ol' No. 2
08-15-2006, 02:51 PM
:ozuna: Did you see my catch in LF?

MarySwiss
08-15-2006, 03:02 PM

I think it would be kinda funny if Daver posted a picture of someone none of us know--like that Four Toe Jack guy who does that BBQ sauce he's always raving about.

Brian26
08-15-2006, 05:17 PM
:ozuna: Did you see my catch in LF?

No, I was too busy watching your 0-for-5 at the plate.

Ol' No. 2
08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
No, I was too busy watching your 0-for-5 at the plate.:ozuna: Tough crowd.:redneck

Frater Perdurabo
08-17-2006, 09:26 AM
It was the least BA could do for Frater, who as a charter member of the FOBA ably defended him against all comers earlier this season, and who traveled from Texas for tonight's game. I saw Frater at the game and (naturally) he had BA as his PTC tonight.

Indeed! 'Twas the best Sox game - best baseball game - I've ever attended in my life! In addition to SoxandtheCityTee, Torn Labrum, Wilkes, Mrs. Wilkes and robiwho all can attest that I had Anderson as my PTC.
:tongue:

After his first two hits, we even sang a verse and the chorus to "Believe it or not," the theme song for "Greatest American Hero," whose star, William Katt, looks just like B.A.
:cool:

After Anderson hit his homer, I mentioned to a few around me that perhaps we ought to think of Anderson more as "B.A. Baracus" because as Daver said, he's been pounding the ball, much like Mr. T's character pounded heads in another early 1980s TV show. I considered leading our section in singing the theme song to "The A Team," but then realized that much of the WSI drinking team seated nearby had not even been born during the early 80s!
:redface: