PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the All-Star Game in determining World Series home field advantage

Mohoney
08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
If MLB really needs to know which league will have home field advantage by the middle of July, and therefore can't use actual 162 game bodies of work to determine home field advantage, then why not use win% in interleague play? I know that interleague play is only a microcosm when taken in context to the entire baseball season, but at least you're using actual baseball games instead of one exhibition game.

I think it would add some sizzle to a concept that is rapidly growing stale.

Domeshot17
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
who cares, either way the AL gets HFA :smile:

Daver
08-14-2006, 05:07 PM
They ought to just alternate it every year.

PKalltheway
08-14-2006, 05:33 PM
If MLB really needs to know which league will have home field advantage by the middle of July, and therefore can't use actual 162 game bodies of work to determine home field advantage, then why not use win% in interleague play? I know that interleague play is only a microcosm when taken in context to the entire baseball season, but at least you're using actual baseball games instead of one exhibition game.

I think it would add some sizzle to a concept that is rapidly growing stale.
Yeah it does sound pretty good...but what if the leagues finish with a .500 win percentage? It's possible.

Railsplitter
08-14-2006, 07:01 PM
They ought to just alternate it every year.

Amen. It worked fine for 99 years.