PDA

View Full Version : Incidents this weekend

Law11
08-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I was there Friday night, lucky enough to have prize seats behind the visitor dugout (5th row behind the camera well actually) and some tool in the front row wouldnt sit down no big deal normally but this guy was being a moron.

Really messing with people's view.. After another guy tells him to sit his bleep down he turns towards us and flips us off.. (Not a good move dude)
Starts jumping around and laughing at us well this guy a few seats down from me was getting ready to explode on this guy and then we all start in on him.

he motions for ME to come to him (big move on his part I'm 5'8 180) so I start moving towards him saying you gonna take all 5 of us on cue-ball (bald headed mid 40's guy) I'm laughing as I'm moving telling him to have another beer tool.. then this big Irish red-faced guy about 60 is on the end of the aisle steps to him in the aisle.

They were nose to nose and we held the irish guy back, he would have pummeled this guy.. and the instigator walked up to the concourse. Security came down about 5 minutes later and mysteriously the guy never returned.

Anyone else have some "in the stands" stories from this weekend..
Seemed to be a bit more hyped for obvious reasons...

Wsoxmike59
08-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Was the guy standing up a Tiger fan?

I went to Saturday's game, upper deck 509 row 2. I had a nice family from Det sitting in front of us in row 1. They had two small boys ages about 6-7 I would guess and they were decked out in Tiger jerseys.

I went out of my way to be nice to them. They cheered for the Tigers when they got the lead, but you could see their demeanor change when the Sox pounced on every mistake the Tigers made.

The only "uncomfortable" moments for me was during the National Anthem some yahoo near the end of the song yells out at the top of his lungs...."DETROIT SUCKS!"

I thought to myself, what a friggin dope....show some class you horses ass!

And at the end of the game the Detroit Sucks chant got going in the upper deck.

I refuse to take part in that chant, it's a bad karma type of thing. It also seems stupid to be talkin' smack when you're 5.5 games behind the team you're chasing.

Law11
08-14-2006, 10:24 AM
This guy was I'm asumming A sox fan he was with like 5-6 others in the front row that had Sox gear on.. It was a joke.. some of the best seats in the place and he was drunk by the 2nd inning.. This all happened in the 3rd..

This girl behind me hadnt been back to chicago in years and was mentioned how much she missed all the action in the stands.. she knew she was back home.. Ive seen incidents in the OF and UD but usually you get these real corporate types in the seats we were in and thats what made this so wierd. the security guy that came down was like, "havent been down here all year"..

cbone
08-14-2006, 10:47 AM
I was there Sat. with my family and had the "cheerleader" issue. 2 sox fans sitting a few rows down felt the need to turn around and give the "everybody up" motion whenever they felt the Sox needed cheering on. They started in the 2nd inning and got worse with increased consumption.

I get it, I go to a lot of games. I know when to cheer. Not the worst situation, but man does it get annoying.

skottyj242
08-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I was sitting in 160 on Saturday afternoon and saw a pretty nice brawl that had to have been in maybe like 153ish. Then in the bathroom some drunk Sox fan peed on the guy I was at the game with.

CaptainBallz
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Then in the bathroom some drunk Sox fan peed on the guy I was at the game with.

:o:

Simply horrible.

itsnotrequired
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I gave some wasted Sox fan a "jalapeno handshake"* on Friday night. That was about it.

*After the game on Friday, I was on the concourse with skottyj242 when I noticed the nacho stand had dumped all the leftover jalapenos in the trash. They were sitting right on top so I grabbed a handful and showed them to skotty. He almost threw up on the spot. Being without wash, I just had to take my spicy hand down the ramps. Some guy liked the Elvis wig I was sporting and wanted to shake my hand. The rest is history...

skottyj242
08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
I gave some wasted Sox fan a "jalapeno handshake"* on Friday night. That was about it.

*After the game on Friday, I was on the concourse with skottyj242 when I noticed the nacho stand had dumped all the leftover jalapenos in the trash. They were sitting right on top so I grabbed a handful and showed them to skotty. He almost threw up on the spot. Being without wash, I just had to take my spicy hand down the ramps. Some guy liked the Elvis wig I was sporting and wanted to shake my hand. The rest is history...

That was pretty funny, especially because you did it twice.

ajismyhero
08-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I was sitting in 160 on Saturday afternoon and saw a pretty nice brawl that had to have been in maybe like 153ish. Then in the bathroom some drunk Sox fan peed on the guy I was at the game with.

I was in 157 on Saturday - there was a big fight where a detroit fan got kicked out about 10 rows behind me and another one on the other side of the foul pole. I hate how fans get more fired up by fights than they do by scoring runs. The only part that was amusing to me was watching the pitchers and AJ in the bullpen watch the fights.

oscars gamble
08-14-2006, 12:33 PM
I was there Sat. with my family and had the "cheerleader" issue. 2 sox fans sitting a few rows down felt the need to turn around and give the "everybody up" motion whenever they felt the Sox needed cheering on. They started in the 2nd inning and got worse with increased consumption.

I get it, I go to a lot of games. I know when to cheer. Not the worst situation, but man does it get annoying.

I HATE that as well. I will stand when the mood or situation strikes me. I don't need a couple of morons telling me to stand up.

soxinem1
08-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I hate to say this, but my days of sitting in the 500's are long over, unless it's playoff tickets. It's not to be snobby or a priss, but over the past 4-5 years, some real low-lifes seem to find their way in, mostly because they are the cheapest seats available, and just act like total cow stool!!! I've dropped more than my share of 'F-bombs' in life and get into the games as anyone, but a place for kids and family, the 500's are not.

I've gotten tickets up there maybe 30-40 times since the park opened, and since 2001 I cannot believe the crap that goes on up there. It's not just once or twice, but just about everytime I've sat there. The drunken swearing, fighting, racial crap. The ushers are useless until something breaks out. Then the 'leftovers' ontinue have issues among themselves. I go there to get into the game, not listen to some idiots take the 'Your team Sucks' chant personal or whatever else they want to bitch about and start **** over.

So the last time I sat up there was 2003. Has anyone else had this type of experience?

Law11
08-14-2006, 01:29 PM
I sat in the 500's once this year for the opener.. No issues.
I havent been up there other than that for 5 years.

I am a snob and want to sit downstairs. I'm lucky enough to have ST in the lower level and have my company tickets and suite avaibale for 3-4 times a year.

I cant really comment on what goes on up there except that foul language and issues are in pockets everywhere at all parks..

This past weekend i had seats behind the dugout and a near fight broke out.
Its usually alcohol realated in my opinion.

credefan24
08-14-2006, 01:30 PM
I was in the 300 level yesterday, and after the end of the 7th, I had a hankerin' for some ice cream, so I went out to get some.
As I'm waiting in line, this guy and girl, in their 20s, and bombed off their minds, are asking the nice lady behind the counter for 2 beers. The worker politely explained that beer is no longer served after the 7th. This girl was relentless. She says, and this is edited for WSI , "Give me an (bleeping) beer or my boss will (bleepin') fire your butt."
The woman, to her credit, just looked at her and said, "honey, your boss isn't going to do a damned thing. No run along." The girl and her dopey boyfriend just looked at her. Then this girl said, "listen, you better give me 2 (bleeping) beers right now." That's when I had to say something, because you just do not talk that way to anybody.
I said, "hey, that's no way to speak. Learn some manners." Her boyfriend turned around and gave me this "I'll kick your butt glare." I got a little scared, but he just said "(bleep) you" and walked away.

Some people just need to lighten up.

Tiger23
08-14-2006, 01:31 PM
I've got one. I was sitting in front of the TV all weekend and my roommate from the South Side of Chicago would not stop beeping me everytime the Sox did something good. Man those guys piss me off :angry: .

Law11
08-14-2006, 01:34 PM
I was in the 300 level yesterday, and after the end of the 7th, I had a hankerin' for some ice cream, so I went out to get some.
As I'm waiting in line, this guy and girl, in their 20s, and bombed off their minds,

My point exactly.. People cant handle their booze. Thats where it all starts.:gulp:

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 01:35 PM
I've got one. I was sitting in front of the TV all weekend and my roommate from the South Side of Chicago would not stop beeping me everytime the Sox did something good. Man those guys piss me off :angry: .

Yeah, but just think about all the wear and tear on his beeper! :D:

hi im skot
08-14-2006, 01:38 PM
I hate to say this, but my days of sitting in the 500's are long over, unless it's playoff tickets. It's not to be snobby or a priss, but over the past 4-5 years, some real low-lifes seem to find their way in, mostly because they are the cheapest seats available, and just act like total cow stool!!! I've dropped more than my share of 'F-bombs' in life and get into the games as anyone, but a place for kids and family, the 500's are not.

I've gotten tickets up there maybe 30-40 times since the park opened, and since 2001 I cannot believe the crap that goes on up there. It's not just once or twice, but just about everytime I've sat there. The drunken swearing, fighting, racial crap. The ushers are useless until something breaks out. Then the 'leftovers' ontinue have issues among themselves. I go there to get into the game, not listen to some idiots take the 'Your team Sucks' chant personal or whatever else they want to bitch about and start **** over.

So the last time I sat up there was 2003. Has anyone else had this type of experience?

We've pretty much always been in the UD since we started getting ticket plans in '93; the view from 527 in the first 7 or 8 rows is fantastic. My dad and I have had some experiences up there, but they're usually few and far between.

This year has easily been the worst, though. I've had several different run-ins this season. I'm totally a pacifist and not one to start anything; I'm there to watch the game and enjoy time with my dad. However, when someone breaks the rules (smoking in the stands) or gets obnoxious (group of Boston fans last month), I will call them out (politely). Unfortunately, people want to get stupid about it and turn the incident into an opporunity to show everyone how big of a badass he is. Lame.

My favorite UD incident happened a few years ago when we were in the first row of 527. People continued to use the first row as a walkway, rather than using the concourse to get to the other side of the section. My dad mentioned to one guy that the concourse was the preferred way to go, and the guy took exception. He then tried to kick my dad's injured foot...not a good idea, as my dad is 6' 3" and 295 (and a former cop to boot). Luckily, he missed my dad and he kept his cool.

But yeah, point of this post...the UD has been pretty awful for fan behavior this season.

minutia
08-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I was at the game on Saturday in section 128 (very sweet Stub Hub seats) and we had a family behind us that were hysterical about every little thing. When Juan Uribe got up to bat, in the inning the Sox came back, they were screaming that he sucks. They did the same thing to Brian Anderson. Quite literally everything sucked for them. I was literally sitting there praying for Brian Anderson to do something great to shut these fat bastards up. When he did I was up jumping around like everyone was and when we went ahead I turned around and said that I guess they can calm down now that the Sox seem to be playing like they did in 2005. They were dumbfounded by this statement. They were still not satisified, they complained the whole game, until they left in the 7th. My guess is they are one of these new fair weather fans that we have now.

soxinem1
08-14-2006, 02:01 PM
I was at the game on Saturday in section 128 (very sweet Stub Hub seats) and we had a family behind us that were hysterical about every little thing. When Juan Uribe got up to bat, in the inning the Sox came back, they were screaming that he sucks. They did the same thing to Brian Anderson. Quite literally everything sucked for them. I was literally sitting there praying for Brian Anderson to do something great to shut these fat bastards up. When he did I was up jumping around like everyone was and when we went ahead I turned around and said that I guess they can calm down now that the Sox seem to be playing like they did in 2005. They were dumbfounded by this statement. They were still not satisified, they complained the whole game, until they left in the 7th. My guess is they are one of these new fair weather fans that we have now.

Sweet. I 'love' those types that sit and bitch about things and then made to look like idiots moments later.

Then they leave in the 7th inning? Those are 'lifelong diehards'!

salty99
08-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Sweet. I 'love' those types that sit and bitch about things and then made to look like idiots moments later.

Then they leave in the 7th inning? Those are 'lifelong diehards'!

I have been in 533 all year with no ugly icidents. Sometimes there are some dopey college kids who like to swear and yell at the players every chance they get. I love it too when something good happens and I make a nice little comment and they shut up the rest of the game.

itsnotrequired
08-14-2006, 02:17 PM
But yeah, point of this post...the UD has been pretty awful for fan behavior this season.

Gosh, I've had nothing but good experiences in the UD this season. I've been to a few games so far this year and have never been in even a shouting match. The seats around us are all season ticket holders but the owners sell them all the time so we are always surrounded by different people. Sometimes Sox fans but most often opposing team fans. Honestly, the only time I've had troubles or witnessed exceptionally bad behavior is when I wander on downstairs. It could be just me lucking out but 60 games seems to be an awfully long streak.

The only thing that really irks me in the UD is the concourse after the game. Waaaay too many people think that standing in the MIDDLE of the concourse while waiting for the rest of their group is the best course of action. People, please, stand on the sides!:angry:

hi im skot
08-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Gosh, I've had nothing but good experiences in the UD this season. I've been to a few games so far this year and have never been in even a shouting match. The seats around us are all season ticket holders but the owners sell them all the time so we are always surrounded by different people. Sometimes Sox fans but most often opposing team fans. Honestly, the only time I've had troubles or witnessed exceptionally bad behavior is when I wander on downstairs. It could be just me lucking out but 60 games seems to be an awfully long streak.

The only thing that really irks me in the UD is the concourse after the game. Waaaay too many people think that standing in the MIDDLE of the concourse while waiting for the rest of their group is the best course of action. People, please, stand on the sides!:angry:

Well, I'm sure it helps that you're a season ticket holder. We have an Ozzie plan this year, which is actually the first actual "plan" we've had since '95. Prior to this season, we were able to just get tickets to future games at games earlier in the season.

With this Ozzie plan being the first plan we've had in so long, we've ended up in sections that aren't exactly desirable...certainly that has a lot to do with the experiences I've had this season.

Who knows...maybe the sections we've ended up in this year are often troublesome...

itsnotrequired
08-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Well, I'm sure it helps that you're a season ticket holder. We have an Ozzie plan this year, which is actually the first actual "plan" we've had since '95. Prior to this season, we were able to just get tickets to future games at games earlier in the season.

With this Ozzie plan being the first plan we've had in so long, we've ended up in sections that aren't exactly desirable...certainly that has a lot to do with the experiences I've had this season.

Who knows...maybe the sections we've ended up in this year are often troublesome...

I'm in Section 520. Upper Reserved, the cheapest tickets in the park. The owner in front of us has been to maybe 10 games and has sold or eaten the rest. The guys behind us have been to about 6 and sold or eaten the rest. I have never met the guy next to us and I assume he has sold or eaten all of his. Always different people around us.

I guess I just got lucky...

hi im skot
08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm in Section 520. Upper Reserved, the cheapest tickets in the park. The owner in front of us has been to maybe 10 games and has sold or eaten the rest. The guys behind us have been to about 6 and sold or eaten the rest. I have never met the guy next to us and I assume he has sold or eaten all of his. Always different people around us.

Very nice! I've actually been in 520 at least once this season...

Of the 11 or 12 games I've been to this season, I've only had two "incidents", which isn't bad, obviously...just seems bad because the incidents in the past have been so rare.

Next time I'm near 520, I'll have to meet up with you!

Foulke You
08-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I've sat in the 500 level at least 6 times this year and I haven't really had any trouble.

The closest I came to an "incident" was an annoying Twins fan (he whooped it up when the Twins took game 1 in their sweep of us a few weeks ago...that isn't what bothered me, what bothered me was he skipped (yes, i said skipped) down the tunnel and yelled through the concourse that the wild card was theirs. It was way over the top obnoxious and it seemed to be inviting trouble with a Sox fan after the game concluded. The odd part was he didn't seem drunk, just stupid. I also saw an argument between two guys about a spilled drink but it didn't come to blows, just yelling.

You're going to notice more problems at the park this year because the place is always sold out now. More people = more problems. Overall though, I think the Sox do a pretty good job with security there. Most of the time, a white shirt guy arrives when trouble is a brewin' and unlike Wrigley's "old man patrol", these guys look like they can handle themselves in a physical altercation.

skottyj242
08-14-2006, 03:23 PM

You just wait until the parking lot after the game to start ****.

itsnotrequired
08-14-2006, 03:27 PM

I think you're confusing me with yourself.:tongue:

pdimas
08-14-2006, 03:45 PM

:redface: yeah but see if i ever get pushed into a urinal again :tongue:

I was a mess. I guess the booze, medication and lack of food took its toll on me.

koz
08-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I was at the game Monday against the halo's, and across the aisle from me were a group of 20-something trash. These morons were completely lit up and obnoxious from the get go. To make things worse the two trolls across from me were in complete cubbie gear. I have no problem with fan's going to other ball parks, and supporting there team, but this was done out of malice. These two every pitch were swearing up a storm and standing up saying that the Sox sucked, and their fans were trash. This went on the whole game, and continually got worse as they drank more and with the Sox losing. I finally said something along lines of shut the hell up there are children around which they replied..just because your team sucks do not try and tell me what to do. I then asked them about their team and they really did not have an answer and asked them who their first base coach was? Which they did not have an answer, and then the whole section (102-row's 5-7) started getting on them too. The trolls became more belligerent, and then started getting personal. Flash foward-game ends..They are standing on their chairs laughing and telling everyone that the Sox are pieces of ****. The guy below me was with his daughter and the trolls started with him he told his daughter to go up to the concourse and then one of the trolls challenged him to a fight. The Sox fan was probably about 45 so he stood his ground and the troll came up to him and half assed pushed him and the older guy clocked him right in the nose and then they both locked up. Then my moment came the other troll was about 5'7 200 and not a good 200. I stand in 6'3-205 (31) so he comes running down the aisle, and I was standing on the stairs and as he was about to jump in I Dick Night Train Lane'd his ass out with a devastating close line I upended him onto a seat then grinded my left hand in his face with the my right waiting to land to his skull, and I said try to get up and I will kill you. Luckily for him his body relaxed. I then realized I do not want to go to jail over this scumbag and I recoiled and got the hell out of there. I am not trying to come across as a bad ass, but sometimes it is inevitable and people need to be put in their place..True Story.

Soxfanspcu11
08-14-2006, 03:56 PM
I have full season tickets out in the bleachers, section 163. I have only missed about 5 games this year, so I've seen pretty much everything.

Personally, I have not had any big "incidents". A few things here and there.

The one thing that REALLY pisses me off though is that in the bleachers, sometimes people don't always sit in their own seats, including me. The reason? They are BLEACHERS, not seats, so sometimes, if there are other seats available, you want to sit somewhere else so you can spread out and be more comfortable.

I do this all the time, when people are in my row and we are all cramped in. I will move a few rows down or to the side and sit there until the owners of the seats come and then I will go back to my seats.

A few times I have had some complete jagbags make smart ass comments about me sitting in their seat. The last time, it took a lot for me to not punch the guy in his stupid ass face. Look, I know they are your seats, all you have to say is, "These are my seats". I will get up right away and there is no problem. There certainly is no need for you to get an attitude. Next time it happens, if it does, I am going to fly off the handle.

There have been numerous times where people are in my seats and I just let them be, if there are other seats open, it's not a big deal. When I do go back to my seats, I ask them politely to move.

There is NO NEED for these people to act like jerks, it seems like they go out of their way to be *******s. They are certainly the minority, thank god.

Note to the pieces of **** of the world, HAVE COMMON COURTESY. IT WILL GET YOU MUCH FURTHER IN LIFE.

pdimas
08-14-2006, 03:57 PM
There was one guy in the bathroom that started going ape **** for no reason. Scotty and I were like what the ****? The guy was a sox fan to boot. Finally a security guy came in and waited until he finished his business and then kindly escorted him out of the bathroom.

batmanZoSo
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
There was one guy in the bathroom that started going ape **** for no reason. Scotty and I were like what the ****? The guy was a sox fan to boot. Finally a security guy came in and waited until he finished his business and then kindly escorted him out of the bathroom.

Ah, the old bathroom breakdown. I think we've all been there.

What was he doing, just ranting and raving to himself or what? :?:/:D:

itsnotrequired
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
I stand in 6'3-205 (31) so he comes running down the aisle, and I was standing on the stairs and as he was about to jump in I Dick Night Train Lane'd his ass out with a devastating close line I upended him onto a seat then grinded my left hand in his face with the my right waiting to land to his skull, and I said try to get up and I will kill you.

Now THAT'S funny!

pdimas
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Ah, the old bathroom breakdown. I think we've all been there.

What was he doing, just ranting and raving to himself or what? :?:/:D:

He was screaming at the guy behind him for no apparent reason. He started to get all gangsta on his ass. It was amusing for a second but after a while everyone in the bathroom wanted to beat the **** out of him. It got to the point where he was holding up the line.

junkyarddoug
08-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Whew. Good thing there aren't any stories about me. I was there for my bachelor party on Saturday. Let's just say my buddies made sure I wasn't empty handed. I am glad to say I didn't block anyone's view (was standing on the concourse), I didn't get in any fights, and I didn't pee on anyone.

Sox-o-matic
08-14-2006, 04:10 PM

What exactly do you mean by ape****?

voodoochile
08-14-2006, 04:12 PM
I was at the game Monday against the halo's, and across the aisle from me were a group of 20-something trash. These morons were completely lit up and obnoxious from the get go. To make things worse the two trolls across from me were in complete cubbie gear. I have no problem with fan's going to other ball parks, and supporting there team, but this was done out of malice. These two every pitch were swearing up a storm and standing up saying that the Sox sucked, and their fans were trash. This went on the whole game, and continually got worse as they drank more and with the Sox losing. I finally said something along lines of shut the hell up there are children around which they replied..just because your team sucks do not try and tell me what to do. I then asked them about their team and they really did not have an answer and asked them who their first base coach was? Which they did not have an answer, and then the whole section (102-row's 5-7) started getting on them too. The trolls became more belligerent, and then started getting personal. Flash foward-game ends..They are standing on their chairs laughing and telling everyone that the Sox are pieces of ****. The guy below me was with his daughter and the trolls started with him he told his daughter to go up to the concourse and then one of the trolls challenged him to a fight. The Sox fan was probably about 45 so he stood his ground and the troll came up to him and half assed pushed him and the older guy clocked him right in the nose and then they both locked up. Then my moment came the other troll was about 5'7 200 and not a good 200. I stand in 6'3-205 (31) so he comes running down the aisle, and I was standing on the stairs and as he was about to jump in I Dick Night Train Lane'd his ass out with a devastating close line I upended him onto a seat then grinded my left hand in his face with the my right waiting to land to his skull, and I said try to get up and I will kill you. Luckily for him his body relaxed. I then realized I do not want to go to jail over this scumbag and I recoiled and got the hell out of there. I am not trying to come across as a bad ass, but sometimes it is inevitable and people need to be put in their place..True Story.

Next time, just go to the bathroom in the third inning and report them to an usher. You are right, no point in going to jail and from the sounds of things, they would have put up a fight with the off duty cops who would have come to escort them out and gotten locked up themselves.

MarySwiss

Damn! I never knew men's rooms were such hotbeds of testosterone. Women's rooms are generally a little more peaceful, I guess.

Justagirl
Yeah, but just think about all the wear and tear on his beeper! :D:

Tee-hee. Boy, were quick today.;)

batmanZoSo
08-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Damn! I never knew men's rooms were such hotbeds of testosterone. Women's rooms are generally a little more peaceful, I guess.
Nothing good ever happens in a men's bathroom.

At least at our park, unlike Wrigley, the floor isn't literally covered in pee (and it was the last time I went--5/20/05 Sox over Cubs).

Going to the bathroom after we won, letting out some excess fluid for the ride home, some disgruntled Cub fan walked right through me and bumped me without saying anything. I just shouted "watch where the eff you're going."

pdimas
08-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Whew. Good thing there aren't any stories about me. I was there for my bachelor party on Saturday. Let's just say my buddies made sure I wasn't empty handed. I am glad to say I didn't block anyone's view (was standing on the concourse), I didn't get in any fights, and I didn't pee on anyone.

Uhm Im guilty of one of those three. :redface:

Justagirl
08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Uhm Im guilty of one of those three. :redface:
Fess up, Who did you pee on?

koz
08-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Next time, just go to the bathroom in the third inning and report them to an usher. You are right, no point in going to jail and from the sounds of things, they would have put up a fight with the off duty cops who would have come to escort them out and gotten locked up themselves.

Great advice I kinda wish I would of done that, but the way things unfolded I do not regret my actions. However, I am lucky I did not get thrown out and let them get the better of me. Next time -they gone.

Baby Fisk
08-14-2006, 04:20 PM
This is why I hope the Jays never succeed and never become popular, not because of some latent Boston-New York fetish, but because the mens' rooms at Rogers Centre are always deserted and I can wizz in peace. :cool:

0o0o0
08-14-2006, 04:24 PM
This is why I hope the Jays never succeed and never become popular, not because of some latent Boston-New York fetish, but because the mens' rooms at Rogers Centre are always deserted and I can wizz in peace. :cool:

Yeah they were pretty peaceful. If I had a book with me, I wouldn't read it in the bathroom cause that'd be weird. But still...

Sox-o-matic
08-14-2006, 04:24 PM
He was screaming at the guy behind him for no apparent reason. He started to get all gangsta on his ass. It was amusing for a second but after a while everyone in the bathroom wanted to beat the **** out of him. It got to the point where he was holding up the line.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KgbmMIvIH2xbkM:http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/2005/10/ladies_and_gent_2.html&h=202&w=148&sz=14&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=KgbmMIvIH2xbkM:&tbnh=105&tbnw=77&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhawk%2Bharrelson%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3D en%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff)
"I luvvvv gangstas."

pdimas
08-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Fess up, Who did you pee on?

I plead the fifth!

The Immigrant
08-14-2006, 04:36 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:KgbmMIvIH2xbkM:http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/harrelson.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bravesbeat.com/bravesjournal/bristol/archives/2005/10/ladies_and_gent_2.html&h=202&w=148&sz=14&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=KgbmMIvIH2xbkM:&tbnh=105&tbnw=77&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhawk%2Bharrelson%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3D en%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff)
"I luvvvv gangstas."

:roflmao:

I always knew Hawk kept it real.

pdimas
08-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I did see someone give an infant a beer. I have pictures to prove it!!

itsnotrequired
08-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I did see someone give an infant a beer. I have pictures to prove it!!

I got the DCFS call this morning...

Vernam
08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
We've pretty much always been in the UD since we started getting ticket plans in '93; the view from 527 in the first 7 or 8 rows is fantastic. My dad and I have had some experiences up there, but they're usually few and far between.That's my section, too, and we haven't had a single problem all year. No fights, near-fights, or even verbal altercations. Maybe things get rowdier down the lines or toward the top of the UD, but not where we sit.

Vernam

maurice
08-14-2006, 05:08 PM
I've never been in a full-out fight at a Sox game but have come close a few times over the years. I require an exceptionally clear-cut case of self-defense to lay my hands on somebody. It's not remotely worth running the risk of ending up in the lockup.

I will move a few rows down or to the side and sit there until the owners of the seats come and then I will go back to my seats. A few times I have had some complete jagbags make smart ass comments about me sitting in their seat.

I agree with you, though a couple of times I've come across idiots who don't think they have to give up the seat. That's when the smart-ass comments begin.

Justagirl
08-14-2006, 05:25 PM
During the bottom of the 8th inning we left our seats and took 5 empty seats we thought noone was sitting in. About 15 minutes later, a family came and stood next to us watching the game. After awhile they sat down quite a distance behind us then it dawned on me that they were probably their seats. I went back there and asked them and sure enough, they were. They kindly refused to take their seats back and insisted I go back and join my group. I thanked them and sat back down.
They were Cleveland fans.

Soxfanspcu11
08-14-2006, 05:28 PM
I've never been in a full-out fight at a Sox game but have come close a few times over the years. I require an exceptionally clear-cut case of self-defense to lay my hands on somebody. It's not remotely worth running the risk of ending up in the lockup.

I agree with you, though a couple of times I've come across idiots who don't think they have to give up the seat. That's when the smart-ass comments begin.

Well yeah, if people refuse to get out of YOUR seats, then they do deserve some smart ass comments, at the very least. That's like the biggest **** you that you could do to someone.

"Yeah, I know that these are your seats, but I'm not moving".

That's like going out of your way to be an ass.

Soxfanspcu11
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
During the bottom of the 8th inning we left our seats and took 5 empty seats we thought noone was sitting in. About 15 minutes later, a family came and stood next to us watching the game. After awhile they sat down quite a distance behind us then it dawned on me that they were probably their seats. I went back there and asked them and sure enough, they were. They kindly refused to take their seats back and insisted I go back and join my group. I thanked them and sat back down.
They were Cleveland fans.

I'm assuming that you are a girl, based on your screen name, lol.

Anyway, it seems, at least in my experience that people tend to be WAY nicer to female Sox fans. Like, even if you were sitting in their seats, they wouldn't say anything to you because people don't like being mean to girls.

I could be wrong, but thats what I have seen a lot.

qpropaganda
08-14-2006, 05:45 PM

this is perhaps my biggest gripe when attending games...usually some soccer mom or goofball attending their first sox game...

growing up, the beauty of the game is sitting on the edge of my seat, watching intently as my squad does their thing - then something good happens, there is nothing on earth so beautiful as 35,000 fists being pumped to the sky...the collective emptying of their owners respective lungs into the open air...

Kub_Killer_15
08-14-2006, 06:12 PM
When I was there last year in section 137 I had the loudest heckler behind me that was a Sox fan but still dissed on the team the whole time. "Freddy go back to Seattle" "Juan stop showing off and hit the ****ing ball" "Pablo go sit your ass on the bench" "Crede is fakeing a back injury?? SCREW HIM" "Look Timo is up in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs...OZZIE WHAT ARE YOU DOING"(of course Timo tied it with a double) It was a good game overall though its when Oakland and Sox went into 10 innings but the Sox lost 8-9.

cbone
08-14-2006, 06:39 PM
this is perhaps my biggest gripe when attending games...usually some soccer mom or goofball attending their first sox game...

growing up, the beauty of the game is sitting on the edge of my seat, watching intently as my squad does their thing - then something good happens, there is nothing on earth so beautiful as 35,000 fists being pumped to the sky...the collective emptying of their owners respective lungs into the open air...

I'm filing a disclaimer. It's never a Mom in my experience. It's always some jerk that's had too much to drink.

Cellview22
08-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Do other Chicago venues get this type of behavior? I wonder what Wrigley's like.. because the biggest losers making the biggest fools of themselves have been Cub fans in the UD of USCF, just there to root against the Sox.

I go to 5-7 Bulls game a year, and the fans at the United Center seem civilized, and I've never seen any incidents there. The old Chicago Stadium was a different story!

StockdaleForVeep
08-14-2006, 07:14 PM
And at the end of the game the Detroit Sucks chant got going in the upper deck.

Heh, and people ask what contributions the blackhawks have given to chicago

StockdaleForVeep
08-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I HATE that as well. I will stand when the mood or situation strikes me. I don't need a couple of morons telling me to stand up.

Then they try to stay your're not a sox fan if u dont join them

Reminds me of some garbage friends\people i know who think im a lesser sox fan if i dont 100% hate the cubs(on the contrary, they only exist for me whenever they play interleague)

StockdaleForVeep
08-14-2006, 07:22 PM
"watch where the eff you're going."

http://www.juggling.org/movies/Pics/Billy_Madison.jpg
"No you didnt"

BeefyD
08-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm just trying to figure out how a few of you actually pee'd on someone. I mean, the urinals are spread out quite a bit....

No matter how much I drink, and darn, some of those games last year in the bullpen bar were nuts (darn tabs...), I couldn't imagine being 2 feet off the mark...:D:

StockdaleForVeep
08-15-2006, 05:50 AM
I'm just trying to figure out how a few of you actually pee'd on someone. I mean, the urinals are spread out quite a bit....

No matter how much I drink, and darn, some of those games last year in the bullpen bar were nuts (darn tabs...), I couldn't imagine being 2 feet off the mark...:D:

When im blitz'd real good, im lucky if i hit the toliet with pee vomit

McCuddy
08-15-2006, 09:00 AM
In a way, I'm glad to see it's not just me...

Been to a handful of games this year, and as the season has gone on, the irritability factor has gotten higher. Last game I attended vs. the Twins was the worst - 100 level, drunken fans throwing things at other fans, Cub fans mouthing off, no security to be found. (And this was the afternoon game!)
Only game I've been to this year with no annoying incident was in a suite, and I'm not paying THAT freight every night.

No question it's the alcohol. I hit at least a game a year (if not two) at Michigan Stadium. Over a hundred thousand people, most of 'em younger - and nowhere near the incidents I've seen this year. Of course, the Big Ten doesn't allow the sale of beer at the game. (Not that people don't load up beforehand, but the game provides a few hours to sober up.)

Gave up tickets I had for the Detroit series... let a friend use 'em.

pdimas
08-15-2006, 09:08 AM
http://cabletv.starhub.com/media/image/show/20050106141437_Cop&Half_mid.jpg
"My friend Remy can piss eight feet!"

TornLabrum
08-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Thursday a couple (as in male-female) of twenty something were sitting on the aisle in Section 524. The gal started smoking a cigarette. A guy in his 40s about 6-7 rows above yelled, "Put out that cigarette!"

I guess the gal was really put out because she sent her boyfriend up to beat the ugy up or something. She followed.

I took the occasion to have to use the restroom, and I let the usher know what was going on. He went up there, and his presence at least defused the immediate situation to the point where at least a fight didn't start. I headed to the restroom.

When I got back the couple was out of their seats talking to a couple of security people. I walked up as high as they were and stepped into one of the rows because they were blocking the aisle. Our young couple were pleading their innocence, but security wasn't buying. Since nothing truly bad had happened, they were warned that they would be under video surveillance.

They were gone by the end of the 5th inning.

BigPapaPump
08-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Thursday a couple (as in male-female) of twenty something were sitting on the aisle in Section 524. The gal started smoking a cigarette. A guy in his 40s about 6-7 rows above yelled, "Put out that cigarette!"

I guess the gal was really put out because she sent her boyfriend up to beat the ugy up or something. She followed.

I took the occasion to have to use the restroom, and I let the usher know what was going on. He went up there, and his presence at least defused the immediate situation to the point where at least a fight didn't start. I headed to the restroom.

When I got back the couple was out of their seats talking to a couple of security people. I walked up as high as they were and stepped into one of the rows because they were blocking the aisle. Our young couple were pleading their innocence, but security wasn't buying. Since nothing truly bad had happened, they were warned that they would be under video surveillance.

They were gone by the end of the 5th inning.

Ah, another happy story about sitting in the UD. Is it just me or does everyone else get that shopping a K-mart feel when they sit up there. You know, you only shop there when you need one item, but you look at everyone else like they are below you cause they have to shop there.

itsnotrequired
08-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Ah, another happy story about sitting in the UD. Is it just me or does everyone else get that shopping a K-mart feel when they sit up there. You know, you only shop there when you need one item, but you look at everyone else like they are below you cause they have to shop there.

I do not get that feeling and I have sat in the Upper Deck all season long.

Justagirl
08-15-2006, 09:57 AM
I do not get that feeling
Neither do I, but I also shop at Kmart regularly.

itsnotrequired
08-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Neither do I, but I also shop at Kmart regularly.

I'm also a K-Mart regular.

BigPapaPump
08-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I'm also a K-Mart regular.

Yeah I'm a big fan of their designer Wrangler jeans and funny novelty SPAM t-shirts.

itsnotrequired
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah I'm a big fan of their designer Wrangler jeans and funny novelty SPAM t-shirts.

That's all I buy when I shop there.

hi im skot
08-15-2006, 10:10 AM
I totally got a Clash t-shirt at K-Mart for $6 a couple months ago.

slobes
08-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but my friend was at the game Saturday, and he said he saw these 2 Sox fans that were out-of-their-minds drunk completely beat up on a Detroit fan. In the end he had 2 black eyes and what looked like a ied, broken nose. I'm all for cheering for our home team, but that is ridiculous.

Sargeant79
08-15-2006, 11:56 AM

Hey! That's where I bought all my furniture! :tongue:

batmanZoSo
08-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I totally got a Clash t-shirt at K-Mart for $6 a couple months ago.
When KMart started selling Pink Floyd Animals t-shirts, that's when I gave up wearing rock t-shirts.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but to me a rock t-shirt should be bought from a record store and smell like incense until at least the third wash.

simbro
08-15-2006, 02:40 PM
i have been to only 4 games this year but so far i have thought they have been fairly good crowds. i have my first game in the ud coming up in september against cleveland, but i have been up there before without incident. pretty much the only places i have ever had problems before was in the bleachers.

Timmy D's
08-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I was there Friday night and this crazed fan, "Chips" I think he goes by, kept buyin me beers all night, and completely over served me. It was just terrible!!:wink: :D: :gulp:

BigPapaPump
08-15-2006, 02:57 PM
I was there Friday night and this crazed fan, "Chips" I think he goes by, kept buyin me beers all night, and completely over served me. It was just terrible!!:wink: :D: :gulp:

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :bandance:

AngryCollins
08-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Went to the ballgame tonite. I sat in 103 and it was very civilized except for one guy. He was kinda boozed up from the get-go, had the flying sock stenciled on his shirtless belly and a sox rug as a cape.

2 guys were on the concourse in Cubs gear. Shirtless cape guy was screaming in their face that "all cubs fans were f****ts". They just laughed at him.

I got the tickets in a weird way (I was told our section was given for half price to police and firemen -- I'm neither but, hey, the ticket was 14 dollars).

bouldersox
08-17-2006, 05:40 PM
My buddy and I are sitting about 2/3 the way up in Section 110 down by the foul pole for Game 2 of the Wordld Series.

At the start of the game a few people were late in sitting down. You know how it goes, it starts from the back and moves down to the front.

Well, one guy (who happens to be right in my buddies line of vision) as well as 4 other guys, all start screaming at this moron to sit down.

He gives a backwards glance, smirks, keeps standing and turns back around.

Long story short - the guys ends up standing the ENTIRE top half of the inning. In between innings, he walks back up the stairs and onto the concourse. 3 guys who had had their site blocked by this dufus for the first three outs, follow him up to the concourse. They didn't return until a full inning later.

The guys who was standing -- He NEVER returned!

Mr.1Dog
08-17-2006, 06:03 PM
http://film.onet.pl/_i/film/r/rain_man/d.jpg

Charlie: Hey Ray. I'm going to let you in on a little secret....K-Mart sucks