PDA

View Full Version : This week can really help us.

gbergman
08-14-2006, 02:04 AM
This week has the potential to be big for us.

For one, even though KC plays us tough, we should be able to take 3/4 atleast this series, if we play like we are capable of. Then this weekend we play Minnesota. This series gives us a great oppurtunity to put some distance between us and Minnesota in the wild card.

Minnesota plays the Indians to start the week who have played like iI expected at the seasons start as of late.

Looking at the Tigers schedule they go into Boston to play a suddenly hot Red Sox team, while on a bit of a slump, and then they play a 4 game set against the Rangers who are always tough and can easily win the series or force a split.

The Red Sox and Yankees play a 5 game set this weekend which could have big playoff and eastern division ramifications. Pending the weeks earlier results, one of these teams has the ability, especially if they could miracously take all 5 games get a decent lead in the division and put the other way back in the wild card. Personelly I think it will be a 3-2 series but i'm hoping for a complete sweep by the team who holds first at the series start.

If this week goes like i hope it will, a series win or sweep next week could put us in a tie or into first place where we belong.

GO SOX

batmanZoSo
08-14-2006, 02:17 AM
Indeed. It is so go time right now. By all rights, we should have an 8 game winning streak going into Minnesota. This is an exciting time with the way things panned out over the weekend and with the way this team is in a similar, but tighter, groove as they were during interleague play (and we all know that was accentuated by weak NL competition). Our boys are ready to show everyone who the real deal is in MLB.

my5thbench
08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
It's sure no time for a letdown.....make hay versus the Royals

chopperjc
08-14-2006, 11:40 AM
This week has the potential to be big for us.

For one, even though KC plays us tough, we should be able to take 3/4 atleast this series, if we play like we are capable of. Then this weekend we play Minnesota. This series gives us a great oppurtunity to put some distance between us and Minnesota in the wild card.

Minnesota plays the Indians to start the week who have played like iI expected at the seasons start as of late.

Looking at the Tigers schedule they go into Boston to play a suddenly hot Red Sox team, while on a bit of a slump, and then they play a 4 game set against the Rangers who are always tough and can easily win the series or force a split.

The Red Sox and Yankees play a 5 game set this weekend which could have big playoff and eastern division ramifications. Pending the weeks earlier results, one of these teams has the ability, especially if they could miracously take all 5 games get a decent lead in the division and put the other way back in the wild card. Personelly I think it will be a 3-2 series but i'm hoping for a complete sweep by the team who holds first at the series start.

If this week goes like i hope it will, a series win or sweep next week could put us in a tie or into first place where we belong.

GO SOX

I like the optimism! :D:

spiffie
08-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Just keep winning series after series. Yeah, a sweep would be awesome, but at some point a loss will happen, be it against KC, MIN, or whomever. I just want this team to keep taking 2 out of every 3. If we take 3 of 4 against KC I will be totally satisfied with that result. Since the loss to Minnesota on July 26 we have won every series since then, 5 straight series wins. In that stretch we have gone 11-5. And in that stretch we gained 3 on Detroit. Keep on going like that, and this division will be ours. 3 of 4 against KC, 2 of 3 against MIN and I think at the end of the week we're a game or two closer to Detroit.

Law11
08-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Every series is Huge now.. need to keep pace or maybe pick up a game or 2 this week with 4 vs Detroit next week. We dont see them again until the final homestand..

skottyj242
08-14-2006, 11:52 AM
How do Boston and New York play a five game set?

Baby Fisk
08-14-2006, 11:54 AM
The stars are coming into alignment for the Sox. This past series was great, but next week's rumble in Detroit could be even better! :bandance:

Chicken Dinner
08-14-2006, 11:58 AM

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/schedule/index.jsp?c_id=bos

Baby Fisk
08-14-2006, 11:59 AM

Because that's what everyone in the world wants. Don't you?

Seriously tho, they are adding a makeup game to this 4-game series because of a rainout earlier in the season. They will play a doubleheader on Thursday.

With these two teams going at it five games in a row, things are bound to get heated by the end of the weekend.

skottyj242
08-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Because that's what everyone in the world wants. Don't you?

Seriously tho, they are adding a makeup game to this 4-game series because of a rainout earlier in the season. They will play a doubleheader on Thursday.

With these two teams going at it five games in a row, things are bound to get heated by the end of the weekend.

I just looked at the schedule, they play a day/night on Friday, then Saturday afternoon, then Sunday night then Monday afternoon. That's ridiculous. Three games in 24 hours?

Baby Fisk
08-14-2006, 12:07 PM
I just looked at the schedule, they play a day/night on Friday, then Saturday afternoon, then Sunday night then Monday afternoon. That's ridiculous. Three games in 24 hours?
...also known as ESPN's Multiple Orgasms Weekend. They are installing splash guards in the studios.

White City
08-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Brutal! They do the five Yankees games, then a nine-game West Coast swing with no break.

Boston very well could be out of this thing by the end of August.

Lip Man 1
08-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Skottyj:

The used to play three games in 24 hours all the time. Try a Saturday afternoon game and then a Sunday DH, or a Saturday NIGHT game then a Sunday DH.

Lip

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 12:44 PM
...also known as ESPN's Multiple Orgasms Weekend. They are installing splash guards in the studios.

So whaddaya think about the Saturday Fox game? Probably 49% of the country will get the Yankees/Red Sox, 49% will get the Red Sox/Yankees, and the Sox/Twins game will be shown in Chicago and maybe one or two suburbs. I know it's scheduled to be on WGN, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Paulwny
08-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Skottyj:

The used to play three games in 24 hours all the time. Try a Saturday afternoon game and then a Sunday DH, or a Saturday NIGHT game then a Sunday DH.

Lip

Agree Lip, but 99% of the time Monday was an off day.

skottyj242
08-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Skottyj:

Lip

I know, but it just seems odd to see today. I guess it's just the way it worked out.

hi im skot
08-14-2006, 01:14 PM
So whaddaya think about the Saturday Fox game? Probably 49% of the country will get the Yankees/Red Sox, 49% will get the Red Sox/Yankees, and the Sox/Twins game will be shown in Chicago and maybe one or two suburbs. I know it's scheduled to be on WGN, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, if Fox decides to pick up the Saturday game, they better make an announcement soon. Wouldn't they have announced by now?

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, if Fox decides to pick up the Saturday game, they better make an announcement soon. Wouldn't they have announced by now?
I don't know. When did they announce they had picked up last Saturday's game?

Chicken Dinner
08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
We are safe. It will be on WGN.

CHISOXFAN13
08-14-2006, 02:31 PM

The notice of the game change for Saturday's game was on the windows of the ticket office for a good month. I think we are OK this weekend.

The Critic
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM

About three weeks beforehand.

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM
We are safe. It will be on WGN.

Well, halleluia!

DSpivack
08-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Well, halleluia!
But if it's a Saturday afternoon game I thought Fox would have the rights still, thus no WGN or TBS games could be shown. i.e. no Superstation.

Three of the five Red Sox-NYY games are on ESPN, and another is on Fox. :o:

Chicken Dinner
08-14-2006, 03:13 PM
But if it's a Saturday afternoon game I thought Fox would have the rights still, thus no WGN or TBS games could be shown. i.e. no Superstation.

:o:

It's a night game with a 6:10 start time.

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 03:38 PM
It's a night game with a 6:10 start time.

So was last Saturday's--originally. I was just concerned about how much time they needed to switch it from a night to a day game. But they probably don't care because they have Red Sox/Yanks, so why in the world would anyone watch anything else?

Besides, sooner or later, wouldn't people get on their asses for switching game times for their own convenience? Not that they'd care, or anything.

gbergman
08-14-2006, 04:05 PM
:hijacked:
BOO! Hijacked my thread.

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 04:10 PM
BOO! Hijacked my thread.

Well, it's obvious that the fact that Sox fans all over the country can see the game on WGN will really help us this week.

All better now? :tongue:

Jurr
08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
BOO! Hijacked my thread.
This was one helluva hijack. Wow! Haven't seen one this good in a while!

Sooo.................................hmmm....yeah, the Sox have a big week ahead!

MsSoxVixen22
08-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Hell yes it can! I had a feeling (call it women's intuition :cool: ) that the Sox were gonna kick ass and take name this weekend. We just gotta keep the momentum going and not let up. JUST WIN. Everything else will take care of itself!