PDA

View Full Version : This is what frustraton looks like.

PeteWard
08-13-2006, 09:33 PM
What do you think? Do they pull out of it or do they spiral into the Wild Card chase?

Mod Edit: Please don't link photos from the Tribune they have asked us not to do it.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2006-08/24865629.jpg

cbotnyse
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

We need to keep the pressure on hard...After this weekend, theres no doubt we can still take the division.

Chisox003
08-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Ohh that's frustration?

I thought it was roid rage. :redface:

CaptainBallz
08-13-2006, 09:40 PM
I prefer to call it comedy...

jabrch
08-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Ohh that's frustration?

DING DING DING!!!!!

DumpJerry
08-13-2006, 09:47 PM
This is what it looks like:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77052
BTW, the guy I harassed was not a Cub fan, when I mentioned the name "Red Wings," his body slumped to the floor.
One of the ST holders in front of me today (Sunday) told me his dad was at the game where this took place and reported the jerk was in tears.

TheDarkGundam
08-13-2006, 09:49 PM
I think Carlos is givin him the Heimlich cause the Tiggers are
CHOOOOKING!
:D:

Lip Man 1
08-13-2006, 10:06 PM
They still have a decent lead although with the Sox having beaten them 8 of 11 it has to be getting into their heads.

This was pointed out by another poster but it's completely true. The Sox final week is much harder then Detroit's... much harder...the Sox have to be in front in my opinion before that final week starts.

It's an open race again in the Central and the Sox have some distance (not much) in the wild card lead.

They must keep putting the pressure on.

They can NOT under ANY circumstances have a letdown against the Royals...not while Detroit is visiting Boston. In fact there is already a story on the Tribune web site quoting Ozzie about 'letting down' against K.C. a team that has already beaten the Sox four times, coming from behind in three of them.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
08-13-2006, 10:16 PM
They still have a decent lead although with the Sox having beaten them 8 of 11 it has to be getting into their heads.

This was pointed out by another poster but it's completely true. The Sox final week is much harder then Detroit's... much harder...the Sox have to be in front in my opinion before that final week starts.

It's an open race again in the Central and the Sox have some distance (not much) in the wild card lead.

They must keep putting the pressure on.

They can NOT under ANY circumstances have a letdown against the Royals...not while Detroit is visiting Boston. In fact there is already a story on the Tribume web site quoting Ozzie about 'letting down' against K.C. a team that has already beaten the Sox four times, coming from behind in three of them.

LipOzzie was asked in the post-game if he was worried about a letdown and he said absolutely. But this is one of the things Ozzie is very good at - making sure his team is ready to play every day. They'll be fine.

Looking at the pitching matchups, none of the Royals' starters scare me. I'd say the Sox have to win 5 of the upcoming 7 games against the Royals and Twinks if they want to gain any more ground ahead of next week's series in Detroit.

buehrle4cy05
08-13-2006, 10:16 PM

That's what I was hearing about Cleveland last year. They had 3 with KC and 3 with the Devil Rays before closing the year out against the Sox.

The Indians had a chance to beat the Royals on the last game of the weekend series, but Grady Sizemore dropped a fly ball and the Royals won. Cleveland then went on to lose 2 to the Devil Rays and all 3 to the White Sox.

I see where you're coming from, but you still have to play the games. Just because something looks easy doesn't mean it will be.

SpartanSoxFan
08-13-2006, 10:22 PM
As my dad said eariler today, the Tigers all have Vices attatched to their heads, and the screws are collectively being turned tighter and tighter with each game. You can practically see the tightness on I-Roid's dome. :tongue:

Ishmookie
08-13-2006, 10:27 PM
just keep winning. the rest will be taken care of.:D:

Timmy D's
08-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah lil pudge was angry today. Hard to believe we just saw him partying like it was 1999 w/ his walk off homer just 10 days ago. He grossly over reacted then, and he over reacted again today. Guys a frickin nut job. I wish he wasnt restrained today, so he coulda gotten some time off, but then again lil d would probably blame that on their upcoming complete collapse outa the playoffs.

Smell ya later lil d, we got a division to win here!!!:gulp:

JB98
08-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Remember, this was just another series for the Tigers. Nothing to see here. :D:

Each time we beat the Tigers, we get more and more into their heads. The Detroit players will have to continue to answer questions about why they struggle to beat other upper echelon teams, in particular the White Sox.

Our guys just need to keep chipping away. If this gets tight, the Tigers might fold. After having a 10-game lead as of last Tuesday, they are now expected to win the division. If they don't, they will be labeled as tremendous chokers. Essentially, they are in the same position now as we were last September. The pressure can overwhelm if you allow it to. From our perspective, we need to keep charging and put as much heat on as possible.

Make no mistake about it, today was huge. From a mental standpoint, there is a big difference between having a lead of 5.5, as opposed to 7.5.

DumpJerry
08-13-2006, 11:23 PM
How do you figure? The Sox have the best winning record against teams over .500 in MLB.

Ol' No. 2
08-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Remember, this was just another series for the Tigers. Nothing to see here. :D:

Each time we beat the Tigers, we get more and more into their heads. The Detroit players will have to continue to answer questions about why they struggle to beat other upper echelon teams, in particular the White Sox.

Our guys just need to keep chipping away. If this gets tight, the Tigers might fold. After having a 10-game lead as of last Tuesday, they are now expected to win the division. If they don't, they will be labeled as tremendous chokers. Essentially, they are in the same position now as we were last September. The pressure can overwhelm if you allow it to. From our perspective, we need to keep charging and put as much heat on as possible.

Make no mistake about it, today was huge. From a mental standpoint, there is a big difference between having a lead of 5.5, as opposed to 7.5.If the Tiggers were thinking a 10 game lead was comfortable, they're getting a rude awakening as to how fast that lead can evaporate. It looks all too familiar from last year. To have them going into Boston with tight sphincters is exactly what we wanted. I'm betting most of those guys couldn't **** a BB right now. Now all the Sox have to do is avoid a letdown against KC.

batmanZoSo
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Boston is getting back into the groove, sweeping Baltimore after pissing away their KC/TB trip. It should be a tough go for Detroit. Should be a really good series to watch actually.

Tomorrow we'll be looking for intensity from the Sox. You can't let up just because it's KC. It's important to take advantage of this "break" and win all four. That's what Detroit does and that's why we're trying to catch them.

Lip Man 1
08-13-2006, 11:46 PM
The Red Sox starters for the Tigers series are Beckett, Schilling and Wells.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
08-13-2006, 11:49 PM
The Red Sox starters for the Tigers series are Beckett, Schilling and Wells.

LipTigers counter with Robertson, Bonderman and Verlander. I'd give a big edge to the Red Sox in game 1, a smaller edge in game 2, and a small edge to the Tiggers in game 3.

JB98
08-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Tigers counter with Robertson, Bonderman and Verlander. I'd give a big edge to the Red Sox in game 1, a smaller edge in game 2, and a small edge to the Tiggers in game 3.

I think Boston will take at least two of the three. The Red Sox are 21 games over .500 at home, as opposed to one game under on the road. They play a lot of slugfests, and that last at-bat serves them very well at Fenway Park. They are just a different animal at home, and they are catching the Tigers at just the right time.

Tragg
08-14-2006, 12:17 AM
What is he mad about.

I heard Buster Olney on ESPN radio, and he said that the umps stole a HR from Detroit today; of course, he also said the score was 4-4 at the time, too.

lostletters
08-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Ohh that's frustration?

I thought it was roid rage as well.

Also Boston like the White Sox are extremely tough at home. I cannot think of another two teams that exploit thier homefield advantage so much. My guess is Boston winning two out of three. That Ortiz/Ramirez late inning factor at Fenway being very important.

SoxSpeed22
08-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Tigers counter with Robertson, Bonderman and Verlander. I'd give a big edge to the Red Sox in game 1, a smaller edge in game 2, and a small edge to the Tiggers in game 3.I wouldn't underestimate Robertson and his 3.82 ERA, even though Beckett is much better at home.I think Schilling can take game 2 and Verlander should get it done in the finale.

slobes
08-14-2006, 12:50 AM
There's no doubt that all of the Tigers, including Rodriguez, aren't feeling as comfy with their lead as they once were. I'm sure the called strike 3 was the last straw for him, hence, his spastic outburst.

buehrle4cy05
08-14-2006, 01:49 AM
As my dad said eariler today, the Tigers all have Vices attatched to their heads, and the screws are collectively being turned tighter and tighter with each game. You can practically see the tightness on I-Roid's dome. :tongue:

That's a good explanation as to why Rodriguez's body has shrunk in the past few years. He was put in a giant vice and his whole body was compressed into its current state.

thomas35forever
08-14-2006, 01:55 AM
There's no doubt that all of the Tigers, including Rodriguez, aren't feeling as comfy with their lead as they once were. I'm sure the called strike 3 was the last straw for him, hence, his spastic outburst.
Yes, and now the entire team will self-destruct a la the Cardinals in Game 7 of the 1985 World Series.

ChiSoxFan7
08-14-2006, 01:58 AM
it's funny to see grown men act so crazy and kids on the LLWS just put their head down and walk to the dugout.....

hawkjt
08-14-2006, 02:18 AM
It does not bother me a bit that the sox miss bonderman again next week. Robertson is tough also.

But hey, we will face both Santana and radke in the next two series against minny- which they always seem to manage to have them lined up for us.

Read a column in the Minny Tribune today about Radkes torn labrum. He basically cannot do anything with his right arm- no brush teeth , no comb hair, ect. -says that he can move his arm the wrong way and it brings him to his knees with pain.

And then he goes out and throws 100 pitches. Sooner or later his arm is going to fly off. But he just wants to get to retirement in sept. We have to find a way to beat this cripple.

pudge
08-14-2006, 02:21 AM
What is he mad about.

I heard Buster Olney on ESPN radio, and he said that the umps stole a HR from Detroit today; of course, he also said the score was 4-4 at the time, too.

It was a third-strike call late in the game that he got upset about. Umps stole a HR? Are you talking about the ball that went behind the padding in left? Because that was correctly ruled a double.

Kub_Killer_15
08-14-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Chisox003
Ohh that's frustration?

Side effects of steroids can include: tears of muscles and tendons; acne; liver damage; mood swings and aggressive behavior; shrinkage in the size of testicles; loss of the ability to get erections; a decreased sperm count; an increase in men's breast size; high blood pressure; abnormal cholesterol levels; jaundice; male-pattern baldness in men and women; and the growth of facial hair in women.

I would say he has most of those side effects:tongue:

BarbG
08-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Umps stole a HR? Are you talking about the ball that went behind the padding in left? Because that was correctly ruled a double.

Do you mean the advertising sign in right? :smile:

And that's what poor sportsmanship looks like. VERY poor.

StockdaleForVeep
08-14-2006, 06:54 AM
I gotta say tho, it was uncalled for that umpire following and jawing back at pudge. Umps need to realize fans dont pay to see them

itsnotrequired
08-14-2006, 09:05 AM
IIRC, the Tribune doesn't like it when WSI hotlinks photos.

mrwag
08-14-2006, 09:32 AM
When Jenks struck out the last batter, AJ went walking out to greet him at the mound. On his way out, it appeared he turned over to the Tiger bench and said something. I had to rewind it (DVR rules) a few times to check.. Anyone else notice this?

soxfan13
08-14-2006, 09:54 AM
When Jenks struck out the last batter, AJ went walking out to greet him at the mound. On his way out, it appeared he turned over to the Tiger bench and said something. I had to rewind it (DVR rules) a few times to check.. Anyone else notice this?

I did notice that too and am wondering if AJ said anything.

Baby Fisk
08-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I did notice that too and am wondering if AJ said anything.It wouldn't be surprising. AJ is The Instigator!

nedlug
08-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Normally I'd be hot and angry about a team dropping games like these, but honestly, everything from here on out is gravy...

Now this doesn't sound like frustration... this sounds like resignation coming from the Tiger fan boards...

Ouch, that doesn't sound like a champion, does it?

CaptainBallz
08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Some Tiger fan
Normally I'd be hot and angry about a team dropping games like these, but honestly, everything from here on out is gravy...

That's what "famous last words" sound like...

Ol' No. 2
08-14-2006, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't underestimate Robertson and his 3.82 ERA, even though Beckett is much better at home.I think Schilling can take game 2 and Verlander should get it done in the finale.Robertson's ERA was earned mostly the first part of the season. It was 3.14 at the end of June. Look at his numbers over the last month. 5.97 ERA in July. That ERA is rising toward his career averages.