PDA

View Full Version : I-Roid

gobears1987
08-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Will he be suspended for his attempted attack on the ump?

DumpJerry
08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Hard to say since J. Guillen stopped him. I was telling the people around me that it was a 'roid rage.

gobears1987
08-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Hard to say since J. Guillen stopped him. I was telling the people around me that it was a 'roid rage. I made a similar comment. I mean he should be suspended since he would've hit the ump had he not been restrained.

jabrch
08-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Hard to say since J. Guillen stopped him. I was telling the people around me that it was a 'roid rage.

I'm sure I could come up with a wise-ass coment, but I won't. It wasn't J. Guillen. It was C. Guillen who save him a 5+ game suspension. That was the best play any Tigger made all weekend - Guillen saved the team a major problem for next week (or whenever the suspension appeal was heard).

gobears1987
08-13-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm sure I could come up with a wise-ass coment, but I won't. It wasn't J. Guillen. It was C. Guillen who save him a 5+ game suspension. That was the best play any Tigger made all weekend - Guillen saved the team a major problem for next week (or whenever the suspension appeal was heard).Striking an ump would be a minimum 30 game suspension. He saved him from much more than a 5 game one.

DumpJerry
08-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Let us pray he has to serve it while we're playing them.

SoxSpeed22
08-13-2006, 08:46 PM
You know how it goes, suspensions usally take at least a month to settle because of appeals.
EDIT: If he didn't get tossed, no suspension.

TheOldRoman
08-13-2006, 09:16 PM
You know how it goes, suspensions usally take at least a month to settle because of appeals.
EDIT: If he didn't get tossed, no suspension.
He was tossed for arguing the strike call, which is what made his roid rage flare up.

Lip Man 1
08-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Since he never attacked and made contact with the umpire I'd say if he gets anything it'll be one game.

Lip

NonetheLoaiza
08-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Since he never attacked and made contact with the umpire I'd say if he gets anything it'll be one game.

Lip

I'm willing to bet it's a game and a fine. That's it. Carlos Guillen might have saved the Tigers their season...well, he probably just delayed the inevitable...a White Sox division winner.

Oblong
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Seriously though, at what point do umps need to show more restraint? I think the ump was out of line by taking off his mask and walking towards the player who was walking away. Granted the player was still talking and yelling but he was walking away. If the ump wants to jaw back then he can stand there with his mask and keep talking. But to take the mask off and follow them reeks of Angel Hernandez show boating.

He can still toss him if he's in the dugout arguing, I have no issue with that because you are not supposed to argue balls and strikes from teh dugout. But the ump was wrong to go after him as he was walking away. That's my only point.

Lip Man 1
08-13-2006, 09:32 PM
That's a real issue with some of them. Supposedly it was being corrected when MLB took over the umpires union...obviously it hasn't.

That's what made Ozzie go ballistic against Hunter Wendlestadt last year in Oakland. Hunter swore at Ozzie and egged him on.

Lip

buehrle4cy05
08-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Seriously though, at what point do umps need to show more restraint? I think the ump was out of line by taking off his mask and walking towards the player who was walking away. Granted the player was still talking and yelling but he was walking away. If the ump wants to jaw back then he can stand there with his mask and keep talking. But to take the mask off and follow them reeks of Angel Hernandez show boating.

He can still toss him if he's in the dugout arguing, I have no issue with that because you are not supposed to argue balls and strikes from teh dugout. But the ump was wrong to go after him as he was walking away. That's my only point.

I agree, but when you have a player say "**** you" to you, you can't just let that kind of stuff pass. I'm an umpire, and I try not to listen to what the coaches say on the bench, but if I hear them say the magic word(s) (****, ****, anything that makes an turns a the word into **** here pretty much), I'm going to probably say "Excuse me? What was that?" If they say that it wasn't directed at me, I tell them "I don't like that kind of language on my field, got it?" And if it was directed at me, then you gone.

buehrle4cy05
08-13-2006, 09:36 PM
That's a real issue with some of them. Supposedly it was being corrected when MLB took over the umpires union...obviously it hasn't.

That's what made Ozzie go ballistic against Hunter Wendlestadt last year in Oakland. Hunter swore at Ozzie and egged him on.

Lip

Exhibit A this year: Angel Hernandez. I was pretty pissed when I saw what he did, so I started a thread on it:
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75330&highlight=Angel+Hernandez

34rancher
08-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Reminds me of a classic coaching line I used once...

Me: "Ref, can I get a Technical for what I am thinking?"
Ref: "No"
Me: "Then I think your calls suck"

Kids: Do not try this at home....It doesn't turn out too good. Although he and I laughed later about it...

Tiger23
08-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Honestly the way Pudge has been playing he could have used a nice five game rest. I know you don't believe me but Vance is one hell of a backup.

spiffie
08-13-2006, 11:19 PM

Lip
Do you think any of this has to do with Alderson leaving his position with MLB? It seems like the umping has gotten worse since around the time I remember reading about him leaving, but I could just be totally making things up in my head.

Kub_Killer_15
08-14-2006, 12:26 AM
It makes me sad knowing Ivan has a WS ring, frankly I dont think he deserves it...the guy is a complete jerk! Looking at the 2005 White Sox they are basically all classy baseball players. But I will be happy again if he doesnt make it to the playoffs or all*star game for the rest of his life!

TDog
08-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Rodriguez won't be suspended.

AJ, however, will get three games for being on deck.

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Rodriguez won't be suspended.

AJ, however, will get three games for being on deck.

:roflmao: :roflmao:

maurice
08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Remember that the ump has to deal with all of I-Roid's whiney BS when he's on defense too.

Domeshot17
08-14-2006, 02:56 PM
First of all, I dont think Roidriguez would have hit him. I think it was all show. Its like the little kid that throws a temper tantrum in the store when mom says no cookies.

I think he will get a game for argueing balls and strikes.

Funny note, in KubKillers sig, notice how all the umps look down on ivan, haha

THE PRESSURE IS ON THOUGH. THE ROOKS ARE CRUMBLIN, THE CLOSER HAS ALREADY FOLDED, AND NOW THE CATCHER FALLS, DETROIT IS FEELING THAT HOTTTTTT CHICAGO HEAT

Chicken Dinner
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4745&stc=1&d=1155587120

Mr.1Dog
08-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Honestly the way Pudge has been playing he could have used a nice five game rest. I know you don't believe me but Vance is one hell of a backup.

0-12 with 4 K's this weekend isn't so bad.