PDA

View Full Version : sox 5th in msn poll

soxwon
08-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Sox 5th out of 5 teams
in msn poll on who will represent the A.L. in the Series!!!
swamp them with votes.

www.msn.com (http://www.msn.com)
go to sports then mlb

buehrle4cy05
08-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Good. I didn't think it was possible after winning it all last year, but this year we're flying under the radar again. I love it.

dcb56
08-13-2006, 12:37 AM
The result of the poll on the foxsports (http://msn.foxsports.com/) main page is even more ludicrous. 45% of people would rather watch preseason football than regular season baseball? Wow, just wow...

keg5651
08-13-2006, 12:56 AM
45% of people would rather watch preseason football than regular season baseball? Wow, just wow...

Sometimes people forget. We live in America.

Scottzilla
08-13-2006, 12:57 AM
wow white sox even behind "other"

I'm all for the sox not being recognized / popular / respected.
lets just keep sneaking up on everyone.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-13-2006, 12:58 AM
What Buehrle4cy said

CLR01
08-13-2006, 12:59 AM
The result of the poll on the foxsports (http://msn.foxsports.com/) main page is even more ludicrous. 45% of people would rather watch preseason football than regular season baseball? Wow, just wow...

I don't know why that is such a surprise to you with all of the PR hits MLB has taken over the last 10+ years.

TDog
08-13-2006, 04:34 AM

I would rather watch my neighborhood glacier recede than watch regular season football.

The best part about being without a television is football season.

whitesoxfan87
08-13-2006, 05:06 AM
who the hell would rather watch preseason football over a baseball team that is exciting to watch and has a real chance for the playoffs?!?!?! I mean, i love da Bears, but i could care less about preseason.

lumpyspun
08-13-2006, 11:55 AM

Good, I wish that number was higher so FOX would dump baseball completely. I'd rather watch preseason soccer than a baseball game on FOX.

gbergman
08-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Good, I wish that number was higher so FOX would dump baseball completely. I'd rather watch preseason soccer than a baseball game on FOX.

Maybe all the voters agree, and are secretly attempting to get Fox to drop baseball.

markopat
08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
HAHAHAHA...

I Saw this...

I Laughed...

I disregard...

I watch us win!

Endo story..................

SOXSINCE'70
08-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Take it,Hawk:

:hawk
"Screw 'em!!"

Kub_Killer_15
08-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by dcb56

Football doesnt keep my attention on TV...I would rather watch a high school football game in person than a NFL game on the TV. Also on a football team you dont know your players good like baseball you see everybody play but football I hear all these peoples names and I have no clue who they are.

cbotnyse
08-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I don't know why that is such a surprise to you with all of the PR hits MLB has taken over the last 10+ years.That didn't surprise you? Have you ever watched more than the first series in a preseason football game? Preseason football is the absolute worst. I would have never thought it'd be that close to popularity to America's pastime.

CLR01
08-13-2006, 02:46 PM
That didn't surprise you? Have you ever watched more than the first series in a preseason football game? Preseason football is the absolute worst. I would have never thought it'd be that close to popularity to America's pastime.

No it doesn't, the NFL's popularity is at an all-time high. Now I wouldn't personally choose preseason football over baseball but you have to remember that this is a national poll. Some people don't like baseball and you have your fans whose team is out of it on March 15. Then you have the people who quit watching the game after the strike and steroid crap who would choose watching paint dry over baseball just to make a point, etc...

cbotnyse
08-13-2006, 02:55 PM
No it doesn't, the NFL's popularity is at an all-time high. Now I wouldn't personally choose preseason football over baseball but you have to remember that this is a national poll. Some people don't like baseball and you have your fans whose team is out of it on March 15. Then you have the people who quit watching the game after the strike and steroid crap who would choose watching paint dry over baseball just to make a point, etc...yeah but we are talking about preseason here....Thats a small step above a practice. I would think that fans of any sport would rather watch a game where the outcome actually means something.

Regular season football vs. baseball is a totally different question...but as Mr. Iverson once said, "we are talkin about practice!"

mcfish
08-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Football doesnt keep my attention on TV...I would rather watch a high school football game in person than a NFL game on the TV. Also on a football team you dont know your players good like baseball you see everybody play but football I hear all these peoples names and I have no clue who they are.That's just because you probably don't like football that much. It's not all that hard to know the playerss names on a football team if you want to.

TDog
08-13-2006, 05:35 PM
That's just because you probably don't like football that much. It's not all that hard to know the playerss names on a football team if you want to.

My father is a big football fan. When I was a kid, he was watching a playoff game and the center made a bad snap causing a crucial fumble. He questioned the starting center's parentage for five minutes, questioned why the Cowboys ever signed him and demanded that he be released on the spot. It turns out, there was a backup center he had never heard of in the game. The announcers didn't realize it until he was replaced and blamed the starter. It's a common mistake. You can't tell one center from another. Their numbers are even similar.

Most football players are anonymous to fans.

Not that I'm a fan. I lived in Wisconsin for four years and never saw a Packers game on television. The only Packer I could name was Mark Chmura, and only because he was in the Waukesha County Jail one morning.

fquaye149
08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't know why that is such a surprise to you with all of the PR hits MLB has taken over the last 10+ years.

Even so. It's preseason football. I love watching NFL games, but you couldn't pay me to watch preseason football.

EndemicSox
08-13-2006, 06:34 PM
That didn't surprise you? Have you ever watched more than the first series in a preseason football game? Preseason football is the absolute worst. I would have never thought it'd be that close to popularity to America's pastime.

My cousin was a third string/practice squad fullback for the Saints for a couple of seasons in the late 90's, to this day he complains about the rampant use of steroids/HGH by his teammates. The NFL has a huge PR hit coming in the next few years, if they don't, they are paying some very powerful people to keep this info under wrap.

I want Mags back
08-13-2006, 06:45 PM
RADAR

us

keep flyin' under it