PDA

View Full Version : Way to go, Toronto!

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Taking the first three of a four game series from the Twins at the Hump Dome is HUGE! That 2.5 game lead on them is allowing me to feel just a "tad" less worried about them. It's looking like the loss of Francisco Lariano is really getting to them. When is he expected back?

LuvSox
08-12-2006, 11:57 PM
When is he expected back?

Maybe spring training.

Brian26
08-13-2006, 01:51 AM
Maybe spring training.

'07 or '08?

Tragg
08-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Three weeks from now, we may be wishing Minny won these games. But as of now, go Jays.

gbergman
08-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Toronto, plays 4 of the next 5 series against sub .500 teams. 3 TB, 3 Bal, 3 KC, 3 Clev. They play Oakland for a 3 set in there until they play Boston whom they've owned this season. Toronto should still be in the hunt come sep. 1, but after that their schedule gets tough. I think Toronto finishes just short of 90 wins.

Baby Fisk
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Wow, the Black Jays woke up just at the right time. They couldn't complete the sweep, but still made the Twinkies look bad. Beauty eh! :bandance:

Palehose Pete
08-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Yah, I think the 'Jays are a sleeper threat in the WC, but, hey, you're right: For now, I'm glad that they're beating the snot out of the Twins.

Liriano is going to join Mr. Prior on an extended hiatus in the pitcher's version of Davey Jones' Locker. See you next year, fellas.

MarySwiss
08-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Yah, I think the 'Jays are a sleeper threat in the WC, but, hey, you're right: For now, I'm glad that they're beating the snot out of the Twins.

Liriano is going to join Mr. Prior on an extended hiatus in the pitcher's version of Davey Jones' Locker. See you next year, fellas.

Okay folks; pay attention. There is no reason why the Jays cannot win the AL East. And let's root for that, because it would mean that the Blow Sawx and Yankmees both miss the playoffs. Which is like Christmas coming early!

Ol' No. 2
08-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Okay folks; pay attention. There is no reason why the Jays cannot win the AL East. And let's root for that, because it would mean that the Blow Sawx and Yankmees both miss the playoffs. Which is like Christmas coming early!Here's a reason: their bullpen stinks. And after Halladay, I'm not sure I'd want to count on any of their starters. I don't see anyone else averaging even 6 IP per start, which exposes the weak bullpen way too much.

gobears1987
08-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I think the Twinkies will be out of this race before September rolls around. As soon as Liriano got injured, the team just fell apart.

BNLSox
08-14-2006, 12:29 AM
I think the Twinkies will be out of this race before September rolls around. As soon as Liriano got injured, the team just fell apart.

What about their taking 2 of 3 from detroit? They've stayed pretty neck and neck with us since Interleague... I wouldn't count them out quite yet... although we can definately deal the death blow this weekend and next.