PDA

View Full Version : Three guesses as to who's back on the DL...

RadioheadRocks
08-12-2006, 09:28 PM
... and the first two don't count! :D:

Ok, you twisted my arm (pun intended???)... The Messiah is back on the DL.

LuvSox
08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
He's a freaking lottery winner, no work, just a big paycheck.

dickallen15
08-12-2006, 10:02 PM
The Messiah is 18-17 with an ERA over 4.00 since his "Bartman game" meltdown in October of 2003. So he's averaging 6 wins a year.

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM
And, of course, Hendry's gonna keep his two lead arms. I'm surprised he'll be sticking around longer.

34rancher
08-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I was going to post this earlier, but I refrained...Heck with that..

Mod edit: Take your innuendo someplace else.

StillMissOzzie
08-13-2006, 03:19 AM
Hey now, 9 games (with a 1-6 record!) will really take it's toll on your arm. It's entirely understandable that he's worn out from such a rigorous workload this season.

SMO
:rolleyes:

eastchicagosoxfan
08-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Prior really needs a change of scenery. A team looking for a number 4 or 5 starter would be ideal. Look at Corey Patterson as an example. Felix Pie...dead man walking. Can Wrigley drive someone crazy? Is it like baseball's version of Bizarro World? Does it have it's own reality that defies the realities of the other MLB parks? The Trib has marketed Loveable Losers, Curses, baseball in the sun, fun at the " OLD " ballpark, etc. everything except winning. Every game is treated like game seven. Heck every out is like the last out of the World Series. Did the reality the Trib created destroy the pychee of the one guy expected to lead them into " normal " baseball relevance?

TornLabrum
08-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Prior really needs a change of scenery. A team looking for a number 4 or 5 starter would be ideal. Look at Corey Patterson as an example. Felix Pie...dead man walking. Can Wrigley drive someone crazy? Is it like baseball's version of Bizarro World? Does it have it's own reality that defies the realities of the other MLB parks? The Trib has marketed Loveable Losers, Curses, baseball in the sun, fun at the " OLD " ballpark, etc. everything except winning. Every game is treated like game seven. Heck every out is like the last out of the World Series. Did the reality the Trib created destroy the pychee of the one guy expected to lead them into " normal " baseball relevance?

My eyes!!!!!!!!

:tealtutor:

eastchicagosoxfan
08-13-2006, 07:55 AM
My eyes!!!!!!!!

:tealtutor:

I hope I have it now. I just can't seem to distinguish teal from another color. I'll get it right.

SOXSINCE'70
08-13-2006, 08:00 AM
I hope I have it now. I just can't seem to distinguish teal from another color. I'll get it right.

I'm color blind,so it had to be pointed out to me as well.
I'll give you a pass this time.:D:

Next time,
:tealpolice:

Baby Fisk
08-14-2006, 07:56 AM
The Cubs are a joke without a punchline.

Wsoxmike59
08-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Ever since Jack McDowell surmised that Mark Prior's lingering injuries might be the result of possible steroid use, I've always wondered.

This season Prior came in to camp and just looked so much smaller than he was in 2003 when his future looked so bright and his potential was limitless.

I saw the 1st inning of Prior's last start against Milw and he looked terrible. Not only did he have nothing on his pitches, his physical appearance seemed to change.

His face looked drawn and tired. He looked pale and tired. There is something obviously ailing him, and it's not good.

I wish Mark Prior the best, but I am really starting to think there was some validity to what Jack McDowell was saying a couple years ago.

Take it for what it's worth, it's just my opinion on what seems to be ailing Prior.

MarySwiss
08-14-2006, 08:29 AM
I read somewhere that they were resting his shoulder. Guess they want to make sure he's ready for the postseason.

Seriously, I'm sorry for him though. He really looked like he was going to be something special.

jackbrohamer
08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
First name that came to my mind when seeing the title of this thread was Rondell White. I almost forgot about Prior.

The Immigrant
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Remember, you can't spell Rondell without DL.

34rancher
08-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Ever since Jack McDowell surmised that Mark Prior's lingering injuries might be the result of possible steroid use, I've always wondered.

This season Prior came in to camp and just looked so much smaller than he was in 2003 when his future looked so bright and his potential was limitless.

I saw the 1st inning of Prior's last start against Milw and he looked terrible. Not only did he have nothing on his pitches, his physical appearance seemed to change.

His face looked drawn and tired. He looked pale and tired. There is something obviously ailing him, and it's not good.

I wish Mark Prior the best, but I am really starting to think there was some validity to what Jack McDowell was saying a couple years ago.

Take it for what it's worth, it's just my opinion on what seems to be ailing Prior.
Shhh....