PDA

View Full Version : Excellent article on A-Rod situation...worth reading

caulfield12
08-12-2006, 10:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=arod

1951Campbell
08-12-2006, 11:45 PM
A-Rod's problem is that (1) whatever team he's on doesn't seem to win it all, and (2) that slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand was the bushest play in recent memory, and all the while he's (3) making $252,000,000. That's gonna get the Haterade flowing, fair or not.

chisoxfanatic
08-12-2006, 11:50 PM
A-Rod's problem is that (1) whatever team he's on doesn't seem to win it all, and (2) that slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand was the bushest play in recent memory, and all the while he's (3) making $252,000,000. That's gonna get the Haterade flowing, fair or not.

The bolded part couldn't be more true! I thought he should've been suspended, fined (or both) for that lack of good sportsmanship. There was no reason for it! I'm glad he doesn't win it all!

1951Campbell
08-12-2006, 11:55 PM
The bolded part couldn't be more true! I thought he should've been suspended, fined (or both) for that lack of good sportsmanship. There was no reason for it! I'm glad he doesn't win it all!

Ugh. Think of playing pick-up ball in the neighborhood when you were a kid. Even the biggest ******* kid you played with would never even try that. Yet A-Rod actually did it.

And think of the uproar if Crazy Carl or AJ tried that. :o:

34rancher
08-13-2006, 12:12 AM
At least ESPN finally admits they hate him too...The title says it all...

Personally, I do not hate him at all. I was kind of hoping that the Sox would find a way to make him the SS between Crede and Gooch. Imagine him hitting behind Crede or after AJ...That would be awesome. I also think he needs to get back to his natural position defensively. NYY get what they deserve for putting "the Captain" over the MVP...

DSpivack
08-13-2006, 12:23 AM
At least ESPN finally admits they hate him too...The title says it all...

Personally, I do not hate him at all. I was kind of hoping that the Sox would find a way to make him the SS between Crede and Gooch. Imagine him hitting behind Crede or after AJ...That would be awesome. I also think he needs to get back to his natural position defensively. NYY get what they deserve for putting "the Captain" over the MVP...
I used to think Jeter was a overrated piece of **** who didn't deserve any of the accolades or notoriety he has gotten. I still can't stand him, and think it ridiculous that he's making $18 mil considering A-Rod is at $25 and Pujols $15, but I at least somewhat respect him now, understand why he is a vital cog to the Yankees. If A-Rod's "problem" is mental, then perhaps they should switch positions. I think A-Rod is somewhat of a scapegoat for the broader problems that the Yankees have had, namely starting pitching. Last year he hit .320 with 48 HRs and 130 RBIs, winning the AL MVP. This year he's "only" on track for .287, 35 HRs and 118 RBIs, certainly good numbers for most players, but somewhat dissapointing, considering what is expected from a player of his caliber, and considering his poor (and seemingly deteriorating) defense at 3B (Joe Crede is having a similar if not better season offensively, at much lower a price, for example). "All" he has to do is have more seasons like last one; he had just 12 errors all season in 2005, but has 19 this year. I think if he doesn't show improvement next season, the Yankees should shop him around, to a team with a lesser profile than the Yankees. Some guys just can't handle playing in the crazy NY spotlight.

It's not that he doesn't have the tools to excel defensively, he won two Gold Gloves at SS and had just 8 errors at SS in 2003, which is a pretty amazing stat for a whole season, Royce Clayton be damned.

FarWestChicago
08-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Personally, I do not hate him at all.Of course not. The only guy you hate is Grossman. :o: