PDA

View Full Version : Pick to Click numbers on TV

Frontman
08-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Ok, my wife and I are not understanding where the numbers behind Hawk, DJ, and the "Crew" name come from. Is it their successful record, or how is that number determined?

Thanks in advance.

Front

Hunker down
08-12-2006, 07:58 PM
I think that is the number of times each one of them has been right this year.:bandance:

slobes
08-12-2006, 08:05 PM
I think that is the number of times each one of them has been right this year.:bandance:

Who ends up picking the winner anyways? I don't think that it's just a coincidence that Hawk always seems to have a big lead...:cool:

Timmy D's
08-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I really could care less, but I think it's not fair that they post them after the first few guys have batted all the time. I think Hawkerooo, might pull the ole switcherooo after, say, Iguchi wiffs to Dye or AJ or someone who hasnt batted yet. Possible unit 5 investigation needed here.

TheDarkGundam
08-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Who ends up picking the winner anyways? I don't think that it's just a coincidence that Hawk always seems to have a big lead...:cool:
The numbers are different for each network. Hawk is running away with it on CSN, but IIRC on WGN or WCIU, the Crew is almost tied with him.

hi im skot
08-12-2006, 08:13 PM
The numbers are different for each network. Hawk is running away with it on CSN, but IIRC on WGN or WCIU, the Crew is almost tied with him.

On "SoxNet", the crew has a decent lead on Hawk.

goon
08-12-2006, 08:54 PM

that makes sense, i feel kinda dumb. i always saw the numbers changing, didn't notice that it was divided between networks.

BadBobbyJenks
08-12-2006, 09:01 PM
seriously I have been trying to figure out these numbers all season, I had no idea it was different for each network, now it all makes sense

slobes
08-13-2006, 12:07 AM

Ah gotcha thanks alot.

Frontman
08-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I appreciate the info as well. We figured it was something like that, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Front

Huisj
08-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Wasn't there kind of a running gag a few years ago about Paciorek always having 0 for games on WGN? I seem to remember him having none right a long ways into the season one year, and I think it just a running joke for some reason.

I feel like I can still hear Hawk saying something like "Wimpy still sitting on that goose egg (chuckle chuckle), he's gonna go with the Big Hurt tonight."

Brian26
08-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Wasn't there kind of a running gag a few years ago about Paciorek always having 0 for games on WGN? I seem to remember him having none right a long ways into the season one year, and I think it just a running joke for some reason.

Wimpy really didn't have proper preparation for the games.

Edward
08-13-2006, 02:31 AM

Kinda like CLR01's PTC greatness?? :redneck

GoGoOzzie
08-13-2006, 03:26 AM
For a while there I think Wimpy was picking Frank everyday because he was so automatic and Wimpy was soooo far behind, that may have been what all the chuckles were coming from Hawk.

my5thbench
08-13-2006, 09:11 AM
there's always room for a good conspiracy theory

Steelrod
08-13-2006, 10:39 AM
For a while there I think Wimpy was picking Frank everyday because he was so automatic and Wimpy was soooo far behind, that may have been what all the chuckles were coming from Hawk.
Hawk probably told Wimpy who to pick!