PDA

View Full Version : Any MLB.tv experts out there?

nug0hs
08-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Question for anyone who has an MLB.tv subscription: How long after a game ends do the "condensed versions" of the game come out? I really only use my subscription to watch live games, but I missed a majority of today's game and want to watch the condensed version. Also, how long are the condensed versions? Mods, please move if you feel this is in the wrong forum.

MarySwiss
08-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Question for anyone who has an MLB.tv subscription: How long after a game ends do the "condensed versions" of the game come out? I really only use my subscription to watch live games, but I missed a majority of today's game and want to watch the condensed version. Also, how long are the condensed versions? Mods, please move if you feel this is in the wrong forum.

Okay, are you talking about the archived versions? I believe they are usually available as soon as they are archived, although I just checked for today's game and it's listed as archived, but still blacked out.

How the archived games work is that they replay the entire game, but you can use the scroll bar at the bottom of the window to move forward and back. Also, you can usually get highlights if you don't want to watch the entire game.

dspete
08-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Here is what the site states:

National Live Blackout (Regular Season): Due to Major League Baseball national exclusivities, each Saturday until 7:00 PM EST (beginning May 20, 2006 and continuing for remaining Saturdays during the regular season) and each Sunday night (for games that begin after 5:00 PM EST), all scheduled webcasts of games played within such time period will be blacked out.

NOTE: Due to broadcast restrictions, new MLB.TV and Condensed Game archives are limited to a playing time of five minutes in duration until 6 am ET on the day following that on which the applicable game commenced play.

DSpivack
08-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Okay, are you talking about the archived versions? I believe they are usually available as soon as they are archived, although I just checked for today's game and it's listed as archived, but still blacked out.

How the archived games work is that they replay the entire game, but you can use the scroll bar at the bottom of the window to move forward and back. Also, you can usually get highlights if you don't want to watch the entire game.
I think he's talking about Condensed Games, available throught the MLB 'All Access' subscription as opposed to just the MLB.tv plain package, which is just good for live games and archived live games. Cool thing about condensed is that it just shows the action, no commercials or the slow action that makes up baseball, so you can watch a whole game in like 30 or so minutes.

dspete
08-13-2006, 12:07 AM
I have the all access pass. The restrictions are the same. Since I am in the western half of the country, whenever the sox are on fox I cannot watch until the next day except for the 5 minute time limit stated above.

Scottzilla
08-13-2006, 01:03 AM
im out west too, if the game is 'national' then why cant i see it from within the 'nation'

have any of you guys ever called the 800 number and raised heck?