PDA

View Full Version : Hermanson?

A. Cavatica
08-12-2006, 10:23 AM
I haven't seen Hermanson in the Charlotte box scores for a while. Has his status changed?

BigPapaPump
08-12-2006, 10:52 AM
I couldn't find anything saying whether he was released or not. He's not on Charlotte's team roster anymore.

A. Cavatica
08-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Found it. He went back on the 15-day DL.

Staying put: According to the White Sox, veteran relief pitcher Dustin Hermanson (back) has agreed to go back on the 15-day disabled list instead of accepting his release from the organization.

caulfield12
08-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Theoretically, he would be under consideration if they DL Uribe...has anyone seen today's line-up? Any signs of Uribe? This is getting to be an interesting soap opera on the side.

Tracey, Montero and a couple of others would be under consideration as well. But I don't think the Sox have ever been satisfied he could go back-to-back games when needed.

Ol' No. 2
08-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Hermanson is still not able to go more than three batters. They've made it very plain that he will not be with the team until September.

StillMissOzzie
08-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Hermanson is still not able to go more than three batters. They've made it very plain that he will not be with the team until September.

My understanding of the DL rules and such is that Hermanson could either return to the DL or get released, since reactivation isn't a realistic option. It's hardly like he'd ask for his release and get picked up by another team. Maybe he can be a situational, pitch-to-one-or-two-batters pitcher come 9/ 1, but he won't be available to the Sox for the post season.

Thanks for your help in 2005, Hermie.

SMO
:gulp:

Ol' No. 2
08-12-2006, 11:40 PM
My understanding of the DL rules and such is that Hermanson could either return to the DL or get released, since reactivation isn't a realistic option. It's hardly like he'd ask for his release and get picked up by another team. Maybe he can be a situational, pitch-to-one-or-two-batters pitcher come 9/ 1, but he won't be available to the Sox for the post season.

Thanks for your help in 2005, Hermie.

SMO
:gulp:He's already been moved to the 15-day DL. I expect he'll be activated after 9/1. You really can't justify a roster spot before that on a guy who can only pitch to 3 batters, then can't go the next day.

StillMissOzzie
08-13-2006, 04:13 AM
He's already been moved to the 15-day DL. I expect he'll be activated after 9/1. You really can't justify a roster spot before that on a guy who can only pitch to 3 batters, then can't go the next day.

...for the second time, with maybe a day in between stints.

SMO
:gulp:

MDF3530
08-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Sitck a fork in Hermanson. He's done.

SoxxoS
08-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Sitck a fork in Hermanson. He's done.

Based on what?

Ol' No. 2
08-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Based on what?To phrase it a bit more charitably than "stick a fork in [him]": After an entire year of rest and rehab he's gotten to the point where he can face a maximum of three batters, then can't pitch the next day. I'll be shocked if he doesn't hang 'em up after this year. You have to take your hat off to Hermy. He must really want to pitch badly, because he's enduring pure hell to try to do it.

Fred Manrique
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Watching Hermanson dominate the first half of last season was a really great thing. I'm sad that he may never make it back to the Sox, but I'm not disappointed with having McDougal and McCarthy in his place.

WizardsofOzzie
08-14-2006, 10:19 AM
That blows. I miss Dustin