PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck is Friday's game on TV?

BainesHOF
08-11-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm getting some Hollywood news junk show on WCIU right now instead of the game.

IlliniSox4Life
08-11-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm getting some Hollywood news junk show on WCIU right now instead of the game.

uh, its a 735 start.

BainesHOF
08-11-2006, 07:10 PM
That's on E on me. Thanks.

Can a moderator please remove this thread?

Foulke You
08-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Don't worry, I did the exact same thing. I completely lost track of what day it was. :D: It's on WCIU 26 tonite, btw.

Edward
08-11-2006, 07:18 PM

I was thinking the same thing, my on-screen guide from Comcast has the Sox on WCIU from 7-10. :nuts:

Daver
08-11-2006, 07:19 PM
That's on E on me. Thanks.

Can a moderator please remove this thread?

Hell no.

Everyone else should get a chance to chuckle too.

cbotnyse
08-11-2006, 07:21 PM
:dumbass:

^^^
Teal

:D:

Ditka311
08-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Actually, I came on here for this reason. Was wondering what the???? and burned through Comcast Sportsnet, WGN, and CLTV

whitesoxwilkes
08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
They just showed a "this game is brought to you in High Defintion by so-and-so tonight"...anyone know what channel WCIU HD is for Comcast subscribers? I can't find it anywhere.

ArkanSox
08-11-2006, 07:50 PM
It looks like DirecTV MLB subscribers are SOL tonight. grrrr.:mad:

Edward
08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
They just showed a "this game is brought to you in High Defintion by so-and-so tonight"...anyone know what channel WCIU HD is for Comcast subscribers? I can't find it anywhere.

They don't have one. The only way to get it is by using a HD antenna/tuner. They're around $100 if you shop around online. I'm guessing the reason why Comcast dosen't have a HD WCIU channel is because it would waste a lot of bandwidth, considering that the only programs broadcast in HD on that channel are baseball games.

whitesoxwilkes
08-11-2006, 08:06 PM
They don't have one. The only way to get it is by using a HD antenna/tuner. They're around $100 if you shop around online. I'm guessing the reason why Comcast dosen't have a HD WCIU channel is because it would waste a lot of bandwidth, considering that the only programs broadcast in HD on that channel are baseball games.

Got it. Thaaaank you very much.

mikeybooyah
08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I am in New Buffalo and have DirecTV and Comcast but cannot find the game anywhere. Am I SOL? Is anyone having this problem? How could MLB TV not carry this game? That is BS!

ChicagoG19
08-11-2006, 08:14 PM
They don't have one. The only way to get it is by using a HD antenna/tuner. They're around $100 if you shop around online. I'm guessing the reason why Comcast dosen't have a HD WCIU channel is because it would waste a lot of bandwidth, considering that the only programs broadcast in HD on that channel are baseball games. I am only referring to the antenna and not the tuner. You could use any old tv untenna to pick up an hd signal and you don't a special hd antenna. The electronic companies just full you into thinking you need it.

CLR01
08-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I am in New Buffalo and have DirecTV and Comcast but cannot find the game anywhere. Am I SOL? Is anyone having this problem? How could MLB TV not carry this game? That is BS!

If you don't get WCIU you are SOL. For whatever reason MLB E.I. isn't carrying the game. I am surprised MLB TV isn't though.

Scottiehaswheels
08-11-2006, 08:20 PM
If you don't get WCIU you are SOL. For whatever reason MLB E.I. isn't carrying the game. I am surprised MLB TV isn't though.I'm watching it on MLB TV from Indy?

CLR01
08-11-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm watching it on MLB TV from Indy?

Well alright then. His post said he had MLB TV and it wasn't there.

mikeybooyah
08-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I guess I meant to say MLB Extra Innings. Either way, no dice in New Buffalo, MI :(:

Scottiehaswheels
08-11-2006, 08:53 PM
I guess I meant to say MLB Extra Innings. Either way, no dice in New Buffalo, MI :(:Ah.. no... I use my parents' ZIP code (South Valparaiso) because it is relatively new and not included in the list of Black Out ZIP's.. :bandance:Otherwise I could never visit my girlfriend down here in Indy.. LOL

PeoriaSoxFan
08-12-2006, 12:19 PM
WCIU games suck, although we seem to win often on this channel. No WCIU downstate. I sure would like to see the Sox play big games like last night. White Sox management get rid of the contract please.