PDA

View Full Version : Pregame (fan) Rituals

SoxWillWin
08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Does anyone here have a routine they go through before watching a game???

1951Campbell
08-11-2006, 10:56 PM
1. Make sure there are snacks available.

2. Light the Baseball Candle. Blow it out to change the mojo if needed.

Dub25
08-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Purchase the following: 24 oz. bottle of Miller Lite because that is what we have in the bullpen bar before a game, purchase 16oz. cans because that is what the vendors used to sell in the stands.... for the record I hate plastic bottle beer. Play Thunderstruck really loud before game starts... then enjoy a White Sox victory.

LuvSox
08-11-2006, 11:26 PM
I bang on a five gallon bucket in my driveway in hopes that passersby will throw loose change my way.

Then I go in the house and shout at my family as they walk by "Get you scorecards!!!!"

All through the game I refuse to flush every time I use the bathroom.

I pound beers in the bottom of the 7th like it's last call.

After the game I walk down each flight of stairs and scream at the top of my lungs "Let's Go White Sox!"

Finally I break out my Sax and play the theme to Sanford & Son over and over and over again.

1951Campbell
08-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Not a ritual, but interesting...

Due to the set-up of our apartment, I listen to the Sox in one room and Mrs. 1951Campbell goes about her business in the rest of our spread. When she pokes her head in to say hi and what's up with the Sox, and Dye is batting, Dye is about 49 for 50 with about 100 RBIs over the last two years. No other Sox player does any better or worse with her in the room, however.

34 Inch Stick
08-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I ritually slaughter an unblemished goat then observe the entrails to see if I can make any predictions on the outcome. If I see trouble in the game I take three swigs of rum, spitting it out after each swig.

MrRoboto83
08-12-2006, 11:06 AM
I like to sacrifice a bucket of KFC chicken.:D:

stacksedwards
08-12-2006, 11:11 AM
I bang on a five gallon bucket in my driveway in hopes that passersby will throw loose change my way.

Then I go in the house and shout at my family as they walk by "Get you scorecards!!!!"

All through the game I refuse to flush every time I use the bathroom.

I pound beers in the bottom of the 7th like it's last call.

After the game I walk down each flight of stairs and scream at the top of my lungs "Let's Go White Sox!"

Finally I break out my Sax and play the theme to Sanford & Son over and over and over again.

You too? I like to change it up on the sax though some times I play the Simpsons' theme too.

slobes
08-12-2006, 07:10 PM
You too? I like to change it up on the sax though some times I play the Simpsons' theme too.

I play the sax, but it always seems like the Simpsons theme and "Take me out to the ballgame" are the only 2 songs I know.

JB98
08-13-2006, 10:43 PM
I park in either spot 216 or 217 at the Forest Park train station when I'm going to the Cell. Right now, spot 217 is on a three-game winning streak. I'll stick with it until it loses, in which case I'll switch back to 216.

I do the same thing with my seats at the park. I sat in seat 7 each of the last two days. I'll keep sitting there until I lose. When I do, I'll switch back to seat 8 and make my guest sit in seat 7.

Yes, I am crazy. But the Sox are 48-21 with me in attendance during the Guillen era, including 18-8 this year. I must be doing something right. :D:

Frontman
08-14-2006, 09:45 PM
We listen to the pre-game on the radio while finishing dinner, get the dishes done, and settle down to watch the game with our 4 year old. If I'm running late from work, I do have the radio on for the game on the way home, and man, do I get pumped with the whole "It's time for Ozzieball, where any of the 25 players can be a hero. Who will it be today?" I just get stoked.

My son loves hearing the "Let's Go, Go White Sox" prior to the game. He usually is on with his "pick to click" so I ask him who is he going with.

The conversation is usually, "Ummmm.......I tink......Jermaine Dye." (or whoever comes to mind.) He never is awake by the end of the game, so I always tell him who, if any Sox players hit home runs when I put him into bed for the night.

For the "big" games, my Sox hat is usually on the entertainment center.

Front