PDA

View Full Version : Elvis?

skottyj242
08-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Who's going to Elvis night this evening? Is anyone dressing up? I am thinking about wearing my jumpsuit again, I have worn it the last three years. It's either that or a Jailhouse Rock theme. I'll be in 158 as usual but I'll be with my mother.

Tekijawa
08-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Who's going to Elvis night this evening? Is anyone dressing up? I am thinking about wearing my jumpsuit again, I have worn it the last three years. It's either that or a Jailhouse Rock theme. I'll be in 158 as usual but I'll be with my mother.

Bought tickets the first day they were available online, I'll be in row 1 of 111... My weekend tickets are in 159 though, so we're kind of like neighbors!

jenn2080
08-11-2006, 12:55 PM
I will be there with my company for a drunken patio party. I will have to come over and grab your ass (if only in Elvis costome) unlike me grabbing some random dudes ass in tight pants We are going to be in sec 109

jdm2662
08-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I'll be in section 108 or 109. Don't have the tickets on me. We will see how long I can stay awake tonight. It's going to be a true challenge...

MrRoboto83
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Might wear my Elvis sun glasses. I just watched Elvis' 1973 Aloha from Hawaii concert the other day. In my opinion that was Elvis at his best, he had such a kick ass band.

MarySwiss
08-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Tonight's Elvis night? Cool; I'm doing the TBGR, so I can try to work in some Elvis-themed stuff. Considering our opponent, "It's Now or Never" might fit nicely. (There's another well-known Elvis song I could suggest, but I'm taking the high road today.) :cool:

Then of course, it's "Don't Cry Daddy" after we whomp their sorry asses. :D:

MrRoboto83
08-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Tonight's Elvis night? Cool; I'm doing the TBGR, so I can try to work in some Elvis-themed stuff. Considering our opponent, "It's Now or Never" might fit nicely. (There's another well-known Elvis song I could suggest, but I'm taking the high road today.) :cool:

you could also say the Sox will "Got My Mojo Working" this weekend.:cool:

whitesoxwilkes
08-11-2006, 01:53 PM

It's been done before. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?id=2310&category=4) Would love to see what you can do! :D:

MarySwiss
08-11-2006, 02:15 PM
It's been done before. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?id=2310&category=4) Would love to see what you can do! :D:

Oh, hell! Was this last year? I don't remember reading it, and I always read the TBGRs.

However, I love a challenge. And don't forget; it's the Tiggers, so if all goes well, I should have plenty of material.

Now, I guess I'll just sit around and wait for Batman or Yoda--don't remember which one it was--to tell me how unoriginal I am.

Edit: Aha, Wilkes! You didn't use a lot of his earlier stuff. So I may be in business.

whitesoxwilkes
08-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Oh, hell! Was this last year? I don't remember reading it, and I always read the TBGRs.

However, I love a challenge. And don't forget; it's the Tiggers, so if all goes well, I should have plenty of material.

Now, I guess I'll just sit around and wait for Batman or Yoda--don't remember which one it was--to tell me how unoriginal I am.

Nope. 2003.

Walker29
08-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Section 149 Row 10 1 & 2. I'll be wearing the home pinstripe circa 1991 with #23...no name. Also 2 semi-related questions: #1 Does anyone know the all-time Elvis Night Sox record. I believe I've been to 2 of the last 4 and they were both losses, 2001 vs. Oakland and 2003 vs. Rangers (could be mistaken though). Question #2: Where did the plastic bottles come from and when did they make the switch? I was at the Saturday game vs. Boston and vendors were still selling the tall boy cans? Monday vs. LAA, it was plastic bottles though.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-11-2006, 02:49 PM

Wear it! I'll be there in my Elvis sideburn shades.

Because Elvis night always sells out they usually have it with a bad team. Jack-pot this year!!!!

MarySwiss
08-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Nope. 2003.

Okay, that explains it. I forgot what an OF you are! :smile:

MarySwiss
08-11-2006, 04:12 PM
If anyone is feeling playful/creative/silly, I just started an "Adapt Your Own Elvis song" thread in the Parking Lot.

slobes
08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I'll be going tonight, thought I don't think I'll be sporting any Elvis apparel. I'm leaving soon and I'm too lazy to whip something up in a short time.

johnny bench
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Yo. Section 132.

Interesting that this isn't a premier priced game, unlike the Twins series in two weeks.

Realist
08-11-2006, 05:11 PM
I'll be at the game in section 144. I'm not going to be wearing anything Elvislike outside of the righteous disposition.

soxwon
08-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Rick saucedo and american english will perform at Maryvail academy
in des plaines tommorow night starting at 5:30 for American english.