PDA

View Full Version : Great Expectations

Lip Man 1
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Very nice story by Mark Gonzales talking with Kenny Williams about how expectations have been raised on the South Side, this year and potentially for years to come. And Kenny's very happy over it.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060810soxbrite,1,5115581.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Lip

Baby Fisk
08-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Williams is still a young man, and it's clear he wants to cement his place alongside Roland Hemond in the upper echelon of Sox GMs. He has already delivered something that so many GMs could not, and if he keeps making improvements to the team, he could have just as long a run in Chicago as Hemond did.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Baby:

Don't forget Frank Lane and Ed Short in your list of great Sox GM's although I admit to my bias, Hemond given what he walked into, was far and away THE best G.M. in franchise history.

Lip

BainesHOF
08-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Kenny Williams is the single most responsible person for our 2005 World Series title. I was a little disappointed that the response he received at the parade and Soxfest did not come close to reflecting it.

Kenny has also done a tremendous job in 2006. There's still a long way to go, but if this season turns out to be a disappointment it will be because of the performance of Ozzie and the players. Kenny has done his job.

my5thbench
08-12-2006, 08:42 AM
It feels rather good that he's raised our expectations as well