PDA

View Full Version : 1 year ago to the day...

08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
The Sox started there downward slide from there 15 game lead....I know this because I was in Boston a year ago for that weekend series and this was the start of the 7 game losing streak...lets hope Det can catch that virus....

CLR01
08-11-2006, 12:30 PM
The Sox started there downward slide from there 15 game lead....I know this because I was in Boston a year ago for that weekend series and this was the start of the 7 game losing streak...lets hope Det can catch that virus....

The Sox reached their high mark of 14 games up on August 4th. By this time last year it had already shrunk to 12 games (well 12.5 to start the day and 12 to end it). Hmmmm....the Sox lost 1.5 games on the lead the to kick off the slump and Detroit has lost 1.5 games this weekend. I like that. Here comes to Sox.

Dan Mega
08-11-2006, 12:31 PM

I hadn't joined WSI yet, but reading the past threads, the darkcloud army was in full force. I bet the mods had their hands full.

They won't this year when the Sox win the division!

08-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I hadn't joined WSI yet, but reading the past threads, the darkcloud army was in full force. I bet the mods had their hands full.

Wow, 1500 posts and hadn't joined in Aug of 2005....thats some good posting!

kittle42
08-11-2006, 12:51 PM

No.

08-11-2006, 12:58 PM
No.

You gotta be kidding me....sorry Sr. Mary Margaret

MrRoboto83
08-11-2006, 01:01 PM

Even if the Sox win the division there will be plenty of people that still cast their dark clouds in here.

Iwritecode
08-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I was on vacation and missed a good chunk of the slump. I do remember sitting in a hotel room one night in Minnesota watching the Sox play the Twins (in Chicago, how's that for backwards?) and lose in extra innings.

I had brought some Sox shirts with me but I wanted to wait until they at least won a game before I wore one of them. I don't think I got to wear any of them... :(:

CLR01
08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Even if the Sox win the division there will be plenty of people that still cast their dark clouds in here.

If this team were any good they would have led the division wire-to-wire. Instead it took a Detroit collapse to get them in. I would have rather stayed home than backed into the division. Do you know what my Cub fan friends will say about this, ugh. Look for the Yankees or A's to sweep them in the first round. The season is over.

08-11-2006, 01:15 PM
I was on vacation and missed a good chunk of the slump. I do remember sitting in a hotel room one night in Minnesota watching the Sox play the Twins (in Chicago, how's that for backwards?) and lose in extra innings.

I had brought some Sox shirts with me but I wanted to wait until they at least won a game before I wore one of them. I don't think I got to wear any of them... :(:

Cuddyer hit a 2 out HR in the 9th, turned into a 15 or 16 inning marathon

kittle42
08-11-2006, 01:19 PM
You gotta be kidding me....sorry Sr. Mary Margaret

"You gotta be kidding me" was the exact same thing I thought.

Sr. Mary Margaret didn't do her job well. :D:

The Immigrant
08-11-2006, 01:22 PM
I was at that game.

Hermanson served up an absolute bomb to Cuddy in the top of the 9th. I stuck around for another 5-6 innings before finally leaving in the wee hours because I just knew there was no way we would win that game. I'm glad that sick feeling has not returned since August '05.

DumpJerry
08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
The Sox reached their high mark of 14 games up on August 4th. By this time last year it had already shrunk to 12 games (well 12.5 to start the day and 12 to end it). Hmmmm....the Sox lost 1.5 games on the lead the to kick off the slump and Detroit has lost 1.5 games this weekend. I like that. Here comes to Sox.
The high water mark came on August 1st-15 game lead in the division.

I was at the 6 games we lost on the homestand part of the 7 game losing streak. Talk about painful! The Minnesota game went on forever until Jon Adkins put an end to it. I loved how we broke the streak with Randy Johnson's 10 minutes of horror as we blasted out 4 homers with a basehit in the middle of it all! I was at that game, too.

CLR01
08-11-2006, 02:19 PM

I was at the 6 games we lost on the homestand part of the 7 game losing streak. Talk about painful! The Minnesota game went on forever until Jon Adkins put an end to it. I loved how we broke the streak with Randy Johnson's 10 minutes of horror as we blasted out 4 homers with a basehit in the middle of it all! I was at that game, too.

Guess I didn't go far enough back. :redface:

peeonwrigley
08-11-2006, 02:38 PM

Ugh, that homestand was dreadful until the hammering of the Big Unit. I remember Rowand's HR was on a pitch practically at his shoulders. Iguchi and PK also hit solo shots, then eventually Widger did the real damage with a 3 run shot.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-11-2006, 03:13 PM

Yes, those dark clouders were soooooo wrong. It never got close, it was a cakewalk to the AL Central title. Joe Crede's HR against Cleveland, meaningless.

Iwritecode
08-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I loved how we broke the streak with Randy Johnson's 10 minutes of horror as we blasted out 4 homers with a basehit in the middle of it all! I was at that game, too.

Yea, I missed that too. I think I was in Wisconsin by then.