PDA

View Full Version : My email to local FOX station...

lumpyspun
08-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I have emailed FOX every Saturday that they have aired our games and now shown them on the west coast. This Saturday is no exception. However, this time I decided to email the local station. If you like it please copy it and do the same in your area.

Hello,
I know you guys probably have little to no control over what games are broadcast on your channel on Fox's Saturday baseball. However, I just wanted to let you know how upset baseball fans across the country are with FOX. In this day and age not everyone who lives in a city is a fan of the team in their city or region. For example, my favorite team plays 1,500 miles from Seattle. Alot of baseball fans pay extra money for cable subscriptions that allow them to watch out of market games. FOX comes along once a week and hoards all the good games and only broadcasts them in certain areas. Therefore, all the money I pay to watch my favorite team is wasted pretty much every Saturday b/c of FOX. I could care less about the Yankees and Angels game this Saturday. I will never watch a FOX Saturday game b/c of their policy. I just want you to know that I am not the only one who feels this way either. The Internet baseball community is full of FOX haters like myself. If FOX would just pick ONE GAME a week and air it the problem could be solved. I'm sure nothing will ever change with this and FOX will continue to prove to baseball fans that they don't care about the game or the fans. Like I said, I know you have little or nothing to do with this problem, but I have emailed the national FOX company numerous times and my email probably gets trashed as fast as it enters their inbox. I'm sorry to waste your time but I can sleep better at night having done this.

Thank you,
Dan.

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I did hear Keven Kennedy talking about FOX just having 1 game of the week (I'm sure they'll probably need 2 in case of a rain out). I agree with you though and I am an avid FOX hater. This weekend the only Sox game we'll get is on Sunday due to WCIU and FOX. Complete BS.

gbergman
08-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Fox should do 2 games on sat. 1 at 1 est, and 1 at 4 est. That way they still get two games and a national audience for both

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
Fox should do 2 games on sat. 1 at 1 est, and 1 at 4 est. That way they still get two games and a national audience for both

Kind of like football, what a concept.

lumpyspun
08-11-2006, 01:13 PM
I realize that the WCIU games are never on Extra Innings package...but does anyone know why Extra Innings won't pick up the game broadcast by Fox Sports Detroit? They never pick up the other team's broadcast when our games are on WCIU...

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2006, 01:25 PM
I realize that the WCIU games are never on Extra Innings package...but does anyone know why Extra Innings won't pick up the game broadcast by Fox Sports Detroit? They never pick up the other team's broadcast when our games are on WCIU...

It's not on Fox Detroit tonight it's on TV20, Detroits version of WCIU. :angry: Looks like it's either MLBTV or XM180.

SoxFan78
08-11-2006, 02:19 PM

You are kidding right? It seems like everytime I watch the tigers it is FSN Detroit. I hate their announcers, and every other commercial is for either their windows or Little Caesers!

lumpyspun
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Fox just doesn't get it. Here is the response I got back from them:

We appreciate the time you took to write us. Your email was forwarded to the Fox Network (askfox@fox.com (askfox@fox.com)). You are correct, we air the game match-ups as they are assigned to our market by the network-we do not have the option of airing other games. Usually a game for a particular market is chosen because the Fox Sports people believe it will attract the largest audience in that market. Thank you for watching Q13 Fox!

My next course of action would be to send a letter to Rupert Murdoch, but I don't think that guy has any clue what baseball is. He sucks, his network sucks, and I'm not happy.