PDA

View Full Version : Rivera balked?

JermaineDye05
08-11-2006, 11:02 AM
was listening to the score today and they mentioned something they read in the suntimes about wednesday nights game. Apparently in the 9th when we had runners on the corners Rivera balked but was never called (what a surprised with this crew). Rivera later admitted after the game that he did balk but luckily was never caught. I don't remember seeing a balk during the inning, I was wondering if any of you happened to see any sort of a balk?

lakeviewsoxfan
08-11-2006, 11:07 AM
was listening to the score today and they mentioned something they read in the suntimes about wednesday nights game. Apparently in the 9th when we had runners on the corners Rivera balked but was never called (what a surprised with this crew). Rivera later admitted after the game that he did balk but luckily was never caught. I don't remember seeing a balk during the inning, I was wondering if any of you happened to see any sort of a balk?

It seems like all MLB crews are just horse****, not just this one.

CHIsoxNation
08-11-2006, 11:10 AM

I'm pretty sure Cora or one of the coaches caught it too. I believe after he came to a set he shrugged his shoulders again before eventually stepping off. I saw Cora or whoever was on third start pointing at Rivera. A bunch of us at the game thought Rivera moved a bit too after he came to a set.

soltrain21
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/mo_talks_balk_that_never_was_yankees_george_king.h tm

CHIsoxNation
08-11-2006, 11:41 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/yankees/mo_talks_balk_that_never_was_yankees_george_king.h tm

Wow, that is ridiculous. How does all of us see it 20 rows behind home plate but the damn ump doesn't see a thing?! Terrible

Luke
08-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Wow, that is ridiculous. How does all of us see it 20 rows behind home plate but the damn ump doesn't see a thing?! Terrible

From what I can tell the ump was too busy widening Rivera's strike zone to pay attention to a balk.

gbergman
08-11-2006, 11:53 AM
i saw that when they replayed the game. It's too late now though.

CHIsoxNation
08-11-2006, 12:09 PM
i saw that when they replayed the game. It's too late now though.

I hear ya, no use in complaining now. But with the game tied and the winning run on second with Thom up could have really changed the outcome of the game. Oh well...

IlliniSox
08-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Baseball gods got it right, A-Wad threw a double play ball into right 24 hours later. Mussina was looking good up to that point, and after.

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Doesn't Quest-Tec pick up balks?

TheOldRoman
08-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I was in the leftfield stands, and I saw it. I was very angry.

Nellie_Fox
08-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Buehrle, like so many lefties, balks on practically every pickoff move, including every one that he's successful on. Umpires hardly ever call balks unless they just scream out "I'm balking!"