PDA

View Full Version : My Prediction: Division Lead by the end of the month!

Tekijawa
08-11-2006, 10:50 AM
I like how the schedules for us and the Tigers look for the rest of the month, if we can win both Series against the Kittens we have a good shot! Especially with Liriano going down, the Twins don't seem like the world beaters they were about two weeks ago.... Tigers face the Yankees, Boston, and Us while we have the Tigers Twins, Royals and Devil Rays... we can do it! It's time for the pitching to STAND UP! LET'S DO THIS!

Chicken Dinner
08-11-2006, 10:52 AM
I think we've said this before.....predictions are fun but performance is reality.

We need to STOP GIVING UP HOME RUN BALLS!!

Tekijawa
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I think we've said this before.....predictions are fun but performance is reality.

We need to STOP GIVING UP HOME RUN BALLS!!

Are you saying we need to start making "Kill the Change-Up" Signs!?!?!?!

kevingrt
08-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Man I want some Kool-Aid too, I thought two out of three was going to be good versus these Tiggers. But damn Tekijawa now you got me thinking sweep now too!

credefan24
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
I love the optimisim and the support for the Sox. However, one has to think, would this thread have been posted 24 hours ago after the loss?
Not ripping on anyone, because hey, we are all here for the same reason. And I too have thought that we will sweep. I believe it!

Verlander- Dead Man
Rogers-Dead

Neidermiieeerrrrr----- DEAD!

Now who'se with me?!!!

LETS GO GO WHITE SOX, CHICAGO'S PROUD OF YOU!!!
:gulp:

my5thbench
08-11-2006, 11:26 AM
to have a chance the Sox need to throw some fear into the Tigers ASAP, that won't be easy with Leland running their ship, only a sweep will do the job...so let's get started Sox

DaleJRFan
08-11-2006, 11:27 AM
IF (and that is a big IF) the Sox can sweep the Tigers, Tekijawa's prediction could become reality.

I've got a gooood feeling about this series and the rest of the schedule.

Tekijawa
08-11-2006, 11:30 AM
I love the optimisim and the support for the Sox. However, one has to think, would this thread have been posted 24 hours ago after the loss?

No... because I didn't look at the schedules of both teams until today, but had I seen them yesterday I would have started it.

ShoelessJoeS
08-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Man I want some Kool-Aid too, I thought two out of three was going to be good versus these Tiggers. But damn Tekijawa now you got me thinking sweep now too!Make mine a double :gulp:

Baby Fisk
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/840501/pollyanna-poster3.jpg
"Top marks to Tekijawa for his words of joyful optimism. Hurrah! I'm looking forward to a weekend of puddings and icey-pops and a resounding massacre of these so-called Detroit Tigers. I want to see blood! I want to see flayed skin! COME ON YOU ****ING WHITE SOX! THE HOUR IS NOW!"

IlliniSox4Life
08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Ill make a bolder prediction: Division Lead by tomorrow! That's right, I'm thinking that the Sox and Tigers are going to use the little known "This game counts as 9 rule", where you can make a game count as nine games if both teams agree. A huge Sox win will of course give us a half game lead.

RKMeibalane
08-11-2006, 11:44 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/840501/pollyanna-poster3.jpg
"Top marks to Tekijawa for his words of joyful optimism. Hurrah! I'm looking forward to a weekend of puddings and icey-pops and a resounding massacre of these so-called Detroit Tigers. I want to see blood! I want to see flayed skin! COME ON YOU ****ING WHITE SOX! THE HOUR IS NOW!"

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

"But what of the reports of a Dark Cloud fleet massing near the Parking Lot?"

Baby Fisk
08-11-2006, 11:45 AM
That might just be the Drinking Team in their spiffy black uniforms.

Tekijawa
08-11-2006, 11:50 AM
That might just be the Drinking Team in their spiffy black uniforms.

Any signs of the "Sclerosis" of the liver team yet?

Scottzilla
08-11-2006, 11:53 AM
well didnt we own the tigers early on in the season? this might be a pollyanna prediction but its possible

Baby Fisk
08-11-2006, 11:57 AM
well didnt we own the tigers early on in the season? this might be a pollyanna prediction but its possibleOur current record against Detroit this season is 6 wins, 3 losses.

cgaudin
08-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Don't sweat it people. Even if we play average ball, the Tigers' schedule is brutal. They're going to take a big hit on that 8.5 game lead. The Sox realistically can make up about half their deficit heading into the September games. if they get within 4 games, it's anyone's division then.

gbergman
08-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Any signs of the "Sclerosis" of the liver team yet?
Piss off tekijawa.

And the only way your prediction comes true is if we take atleast 6 of seven from the tigers, and our pitching improves, and offense is hot. I doubt the Tigers will collapse that easily. Look at what KC and Tampa did to Boston, they are not just going to lay down for us.

Scottzilla
08-11-2006, 12:14 PM
ok 6-3 but two of those losses came in the middle of that awful slump.
I think a sweep is not out of the question, and it would put a lot of pressure on a team that still has to prove itself just like the sox did last year.

soxfanatlanta
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
http://www.utdallas.edu/%7Eawa021000/images/sunshine.PNG

:hawk
"I luuuv those optimistic posts"

Tekijawa
08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Piss off tekijawa.

Tomorrow, try waking up on the other side of the bed...

unclegary
08-11-2006, 12:28 PM
This team has not won a game that didn't require a five run offensive performance since July 3. The best staff in the majors is coming in. Hope all of your "feelilngs" are right but c'mon.....get a reality check.

Lip Man 1
08-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Teki:

We'll see.

Lip

Baby Fisk
08-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Tomorrow, try waking up on the other side of the bed...
Dude, if you're going to insult people, you should go all out and create a thread of your own. That maximizes the number of people who will be insulted.

buehrle4cy05
08-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Dude, if you're going to insult people, you should go all out and create a thread of your own. That maximizes the number of people who will be insulted.

That sounds like a show on Fox.

thomas35forever
08-11-2006, 12:39 PM
This series is THE turning point in our season. The only way I can see us getting back in the division race is if we either win 2 of 3 or if we win the first two. We can do it! GO SOX!

Tekijawa
08-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Hope all of your "feelilngs" are right but c'mon.....get a reality check.
6-3

Last Months stats

Verlander 1.82 ERA 4 Wins...
Rogers 8.43 ERA 0 Wins...
Miner 6.57 ERA 1 Win...

tonights game is the big one... I like our chances...

Other Mike
08-11-2006, 01:27 PM
The Tigers have the following series in September:

LAA
SEA
@MIN
TEX
BAL
@CWS
@KC
TOR
KC

That's alot of home games, and against most teams without playoff aspirations. Getting even with them by the end of August is a necessity, but a 2 or 3 game lead heading into September is probably needed to win the division.

Tiger23
08-11-2006, 02:09 PM
This is so lame. I was not even worried about having to take more than one game of this series before the Tigers let rag arm Radke off the hook Friday. Now I feel like they need two of three to make sure to end this type of talk within the Sox clubhouse. Oh well, I guess asking the rest of the season to be easy was way too much of a stretch.

FielderJones
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
This is so lame. I was not even worried about having to take more than one game of this series before the Tigers let rag arm Radke off the hook Friday. Now I feel like they need two of three to make sure to end this type of talk within the Sox clubhouse. Oh well, I guess asking the rest of the season to be easy was way too much of a stretch.

Be sure to come back here Sunday night, either to crow or with your tiger tail between your legs.

Tiger23
08-11-2006, 02:34 PM
Be sure to come back here Sunday night, either to crow or with your tiger tail between your legs.

Me coming to crow if the Tigers win the series is as likely as an Ozzie "no comment" when someone calls him out.

SOXSINCE'70
08-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Verlander- Dead Man
Rogers-Dead

Neidermiieeerrrrr----- DEAD!

Now who'se with me?!!!

LETS GO GO WHITE SOX, CHICAGO'S PROUD OF YOU!!!
:gulp:

"When the going gets tough..........the tough get going!!":cool:

"Over?!?! Did you say over?!?!? NOTHING IS OVER
UNTIL WE DECIDE IT IS!!":angry: :angry: :angry:

"Verlander, DEAD MAN!!ROGERS,dead!!Zach Minerrrrrr,DEAD!!"

"Who's with me?? Let's go!!! AAAAAHHH!!!!!!!"

SoxWillWin
08-11-2006, 03:20 PM

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

This series is not a matter of if's, but's, and maybes. The sox are still the best team in the league on paper, and contreras and the boys make or break the division starting tonight.

MarySwiss
08-11-2006, 03:29 PM

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure the Tigers could take four out of three and we'd still be confident. It's what we do here, after all. Well, most of us anyway. :tongue:

SoxWillWin
08-11-2006, 03:33 PM
This team has not won a game that didn't require a five run offensive performance since July 3. The best staff in the majors is coming in. Hope all of your "feelilngs" are right but c'mon.....get a reality check.
Since reality should mean head to head here's your check.
this season
Detroit Vs. Contreras
.232 BA. 2 HR 5 RBI
Sox Vs. Verlander
.368 BA 4 HR 9 RBI

Detroit Vs. Buerhle
NA
Sox Vs Rogers
.250 BA. 1 HR 3 RBI

Detroit Vs. Garcia
.265 BA. 4 HR 6 RBI
Sox Vs Miner
NA

I like our chances,

Have a nice taste of reality

0o0o0
08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure the Tigers could take four out of three and we'd still be confident. It's what we do here, after all. Well, most of us anyway. :tongue:

If the Tigers took four out of three, I would not be confident in my own existence yet alone the White Sox.

StatHead21
08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
we can do it! It's time for the pitching to STAND UP! LET'S DO THIS!

I don't get posts like this, we have no effect on what the team does, getting pumped up about them doesn't help them.

The next two months will be one of the most exciting races ever, with so many great teams fighting for a spot in the playoffs, sit back and enjoy the ride.

IlliniSox4Life
08-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't get posts like this, we have no effect on what the team does, getting pumped up about them doesn't help them.

The next two months will be one of the most exciting races ever, with so many great teams fighting for a spot in the playoffs, sit back and enjoy the ride.

You don't think having people cheer you on helps? What's all this I hear about home field advantage? :?:

batmanZoSo
08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Even if we take this series, it doesn't matter that much if we go back to subpar pitching, poor execution, lack of clutch hitting and so forth. We're so far back at the moment it's not really the focus to worry about games behind or the division so much as it's about winning as many games as possible from here. on. out.

Now nobody take that the wrong way. Of course I want to see a sweep, but I want to sweep everybody. But let's look at the big picture. The way this team's been pitching is not going to bring another World Series--even if we're 1st in the Wild Card right now. The way we've played since July is a good recipe for a quick exit. Now last year at this time we were playing much worse and we all know how they turned it around. But that doesn't mean it'll happen again. My main concern is seeing that it does.

jabrch
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM

*shakes head*

Chisox003
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
http://rob.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/debbiedowner.jpg
Here comes Debbie....DOWNER!!

SouthSide_HitMen
08-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Dude, if you're going to insult people, you should go all out and create a thread of your own.

As well as create a team mocking others and make false assumptions.

Tekijawa is one of the better posters here and that is not the Maker's talking. :D:

I like the optimism and I think we have a very good chance of taking the division.

:threadrules:

voodoochile
08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Piss off tekijawa.

And the only way your prediction comes true is if we take atleast 6 of seven from the tigers, and our pitching improves, and offense is hot. I doubt the Tigers will collapse that easily. Look at what KC and Tampa did to Boston, they are not just going to lay down for us.

Lighten up Francis.

Love this thread (duh!)

I was teasing a Tigers fan at work tonight. It was pretty busy and neither of us knew a score. So right as I am leaving, he asks, "what's the score?"

I say, "I don't know." So I go to the bar, check the TV's, but it's a commercial break. I hang out for 5 seconds and then leave. Walking by him I say, "10-0 Sox and both Magglio and IRod are out with injuries." :tongue:

Smart man that he is (for a kitten fan) he didn't believe me.

Then I get home, see the no-no is going and we only have one run to show for our 8 hits. Just as I am starting to feel a little frustrated by that fact it hits me... at least we HAVE 8 hits... heck, at least we have ANY hits. :cool:

Then came Thome. Then came AJ. and the double that happened the next top half didn't hurt so much...

GO SOX!!!

voodoochile
08-11-2006, 09:19 PM

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I got your reality check, right here...:?:

Scottzilla
08-11-2006, 09:41 PM
that prediction is looking pretty good about now!

slobes
08-12-2006, 12:10 AM
After this game tonight, I can never remember having this much confidence in the Sox all season. We'll most likely lock up our 4th series win in a row. Some of our pitching seems to be hitting its stride. Hitting w/ RISP is also coming through. I see very good things in our future.

Deuce
08-12-2006, 07:49 AM

"But what of the reports of a Dark Cloud fleet massing near the Parking Lot?"http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/TaunTaun.jpg

"Echo Three to Echo Seven. Well, I finished my circle around the Dark Clouds. I don't pick up any life readings."

The Critic
08-12-2006, 08:02 AM
The only way I can see us getting back in the division race is if we either win 2 of 3 or if we win the first two.

Isn't this the same thing?
Sox win the first two, then end up winning two of three??
:D:
Today's game is SO large! Buerhle needs to go out there today and find the guy who was 9-4 with a 3.22 before the break. Rogers is doing his usual second-half fade and can be had.
GO SOX!!!!!!

SoxandtheCityTee
08-12-2006, 10:52 AM
After this game tonight, I can never remember having this much confidence in the Sox all season.

Same here. I was at the game and what with Contreras masterful, the timely hitting, the first cool evening in months and the crowd, there was a distinct October feel to it somehow. Goodbye dog days, hello stretch run.

Tiger 23: I think you meant this kind of talk in the real Sox clubhouse, not here? But you're right, it can't be that easy. Very rarely,anyway.

MrRoboto83
08-12-2006, 10:58 AM

The Sox can catch the Tigers. The reason so many of us think so, is because we had a 12 game lead on Cleveland at this point last season, no lead is safe.

Tekijawa
08-12-2006, 08:18 PM
After a "few" glasses of wine, I'd like to report that I'm still very bullish on my prediction... Time to open the second bottle soon...

TheDarkGundam
08-12-2006, 08:21 PM
The Sox can catch the Tigers. The reason so many of us think so, is because we had a 12 game lead on Cleveland at this point last season, no lead is safe.
Not to mention the fact that we've pretty much owned the tiggers all season.
If anyone can beat them it's us.

Tekijawa
08-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I like how things are shaping up with this prediction!

russ99
08-14-2006, 11:26 AM
I think so too, the Sox will have taken the lead by Sept 1st, but keeping it is another thing.

The Sox September schedule is nasty. At KC, BOS, LAA, OAK, CLE and MIN, with only 11 home games, and 3 of those against Detroit (plus 4-gamers vs. SEA and CLE). The Sox are gonna have to be serious road warriors.

It will also help if the Sox can knock the Twins out of the race in those 6 games in the next 2 weeks. Having only Detroit to worry about would help.

BadBobbyJenks
08-14-2006, 11:53 AM
about time for everybody to be optimistic again. We are taking this division.

whitesox 4 with the royals detroit 3 at the redsox....I sense a 2.5 game lead by sunday