PDA

View Full Version : Daily Herald headline

Railsplitter
08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
A headline in the Daily Herald's sports section asked "What's wrong with Prior?"

My answer: He sucks.

lakeviewsoxfan
08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
A headline in the Daily Herald's sports section asked "What's wrong with Prior?"

My answer: He sucks.

HEADCASE

Flight #24
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
You like that, check out the S-T: http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg112.html

Headline: Have you met the Mrs.? Prior's playing cower ball
:mg:

Excerpt:

A scout from an opposing team casually referred to Prior recently as Mrs. Prior. That's how they talk in the sports world. And it's also exactly the sort of snickering that has been spreading. What's wrong? Some are speculating that the newest excuse is excessive sweating, making it tough for Prior to grip the ball and impossible to throw the curve. Let's think of something better.

:o:

When they turn on you, they're rabid.......

Iwritecode
08-11-2006, 11:16 AM
In 2003, the babying was done. He threw all the way to the National League Championship Series, and everything seemed fine until ...

The Bartman game. That's the first time Prior showed the emotion on the mound, calling for fan interference. Then he threw a wild pitch. It was the beginning of the unraveling. After arriving as the guy with a supposedly perfect motion, critics now question his mechanics.

I didn't realize that it was Bartman's fault that Prior has gone downhill as a pitcher. Geez, I'm suprised they haven't found a way to blame that poor guy for high gas prices yet...

TDog
08-12-2006, 01:56 AM
I read a story that concluded Prior must be injured because he hasn't pitched well.

DSpivack
08-12-2006, 02:29 AM
I read a story that concluded Prior must be injured because he hasn't pitched well.

Well, even in 2004 and 2005, he pitched relatively well when not injured. Certainly not at his 2003 levels, but still above average. This year he's been awful, and unlike Kerry Wood he doesn't seem to have recurring injuries or have a bad arm or something, it seems like a different injury/excuse each time. I'm baffled.