PDA

View Full Version : Guess the Lineup tonight?

lakeviewsoxfan
08-11-2006, 09:45 AM
With hard throwing Justin Verlander I bet we see A Lefty lineup heres mine

Pods
Gooch
Thome
PK
Dye
AJ
Crede
Cintron
Mack (Hopefully its BA)

If we can get this one tonight we have a great chance for a sweep MB is due for a great outing and we are due to get to Rogers, which would leave us against Miner if were going for a sweep I think we light Miner up, I think we light Miner up regardless. It would be fan****intastic to eat Sunday Dinner having chopped 4.5 games off Detroits lead come Sunday.

FielderJones
08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Please no Mack in center. I like the guy, I'd love him to play third and corner outfield, but we really need BA's defense in center.

08-11-2006, 09:55 AM
The A team line up, minus Uribe

jenn2080
08-11-2006, 10:03 AM
thankfully i will be a patio party and will be to drunk to want to cry because mack will be in center field. the thought of him in center makes me want to puke.

nysox35
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
thankfully i will be a patio party and will be to drunk to want to cry because mack will be in center field. the thought of him in center makes me want to puke.

Sign I've been spending too much time here:
Last night, when Cotts came in after Javy's 5 innings, I immediately thought of you yelling about that 1-2 "punch":D:

jenn2080
08-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Sign I've been spending too much time here:
Last night, when Cotts came in after Javy's 5 innings, I immediately thought of you yelling about that 1-2 "punch":D:

That Vazquez/Cotts combo makes me ill. Thankfully I was smoking when he came in other wise I may have been on the ground crying and pleaing with the man upstairs.

Dice
08-11-2006, 10:21 AM
I swear if I see Mack in center tonight I might shoot myself! :cuss:

lakeviewsoxfan
08-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Cotts needs to develop an off speed pitch. His fastball/slider combo just isnt doing it anymore.

Britt Burns
08-11-2006, 10:34 AM
BA in center. Please!!

stl_sox_fan
08-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Really hoping Ozzie rewards BA's double off of Mussina with a start tonight. Mike made him look bad the first couple of ABs. Keep the kids confidence going. That has got to bug the crap out of him when he's watching Mack's attempt at CF from the bench.

SoxFan78
08-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Please no Mack in center. For the love of god, please no Mack.

JB98
08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I swear if I see Mack in center tonight I might shoot myself! :cuss:

Do you have your ammunition purchased yet?

My prediction:
Pods
Iguchi
Thome
Konerko
Dye
AJ
Crede
Mackowiak
Cintron

hawkjt
08-11-2006, 12:11 PM
yea, I think we will see mack in center tonite; with rogers going tomorrow you know that BA will be in there for that game. Ozz likes to give mack a start every 3 games or so.

But, maybe he will go with BA tonite and mack against minor on Sunday.

I say give BA a chance in all three games and start mack next week against a KC righthander.

SSSoxFan
08-11-2006, 12:23 PM
I know you guys don't like Mac in center, but at least he can get on base and make contact with the ball. Last night BA was horrible at bat. He had 2 strikes and watched the 3rd strike cross the plate. What happened to protecting the plate when you have 2 strikes....BA's offense makes me ill!!! Good think he finally did something in his final at bat or we would have lost that game

Dan Mega
08-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I know you guys don't like Mac in center, but at least he can get on base and make contact with the ball. Last night BA was horrible at bat. He had 2 strikes and watched the 3rd strike cross the plate. What happened to protecting the plate when you have 2 strikes....BA's offense makes me ill!!! Good think he finally did something in his final at bat or we would have lost that game

Mack takes alot of flack (haha) for his play in center field. He isn't a centerfielder, he is a quality corner fielder. At least he gives it his all out there (which unfortunetly isn't much).

CaptainBallz
08-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Mack takes alot of flack (haha) for his play in center field. He isn't a centerfielder, he is a quality corner fielder. At least he gives it his all out there (which unfortunetly isn't much).

Now is not the time to settle for the ol "college try" anywhere on the field. BA's bat has definitely come around. Mack's CF has not.

Play BA.

Dice
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Why can't Ozzie use Podsednik at center and have Mack play left? It's the most reasonable solution. I know Pods hasn't played the position since he left the Brewers BUT he came up as a CF and has played a FULL SEASON as one so it's just logical to put him there when BA gets a rest.

CaptainBallz
08-11-2006, 12:54 PM
Why can't Ozzie use Podsednik at center and have Mack play left? It's the most reasonable solution. I know Pods hasn't played the position since he left the Brewers BUT he came up as a CF and has played a FULL SEASON as one so it's just logical to put him there when BA gets a rest.

*hears slight gurgle in the pit of his stomach*

SoxFan78
08-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Mack is a better hitter then BA, but not a huge improvement. I would understand if Thome was a center fielder, then this would be a valid arguement.

But BA is MUCH better then Mack in CF, and Mack's bat is only a small improvements over BA.

FielderJones
08-11-2006, 01:29 PM

That was Mike Mussina (http://sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/7913) you were watching BA bat against, not Sidney Ponson. You don't go 237-132 lifetime without making a lot of rookies look bad. BA made a nice adjustment in his third at-bat and smoked a double. 1-3 against one of the best veteran pitchers in the AL isn't good enough for you? :rolleyes:

CaptainBallz
08-11-2006, 02:04 PM
That was Mike Mussina (http://sportsline.com/mlb/players/playerpage/7913) you were watching BA bat against, not Sidney Ponson. You don't go 237-132 lifetime without making a lot of rookies look bad. BA made a nice adjustment in his third at-bat and smoked a double. 1-3 against one of the best veteran pitchers in the AL isn't good enough for you? :rolleyes:

And, for what it's worth, the first K was on a beautiful pitch that cut in late, the second K was on a ball.

JB98
08-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Mack is a better hitter then BA, but not a huge improvement. I would understand if Thome was a center fielder, then this would be a valid arguement.

But BA is MUCH better then Mack in CF, and Mack's bat is only a small improvements over BA.

You're kidding, right? Mack is hitting around .300 this season. BA is lucky he's over the damn Mendoza line, and his strikeouts are ridiculous. Against top pitchers, BA is overmatched.

FWIW, I agree that Anderson should play all the time because Mack is a butcher in CF. But let's not kid ourselves into thinking BA is anywhere near as accomplished a hitter as Mack.

JB98
08-11-2006, 05:10 PM

After all, one good at-bat erases a season of incompetence.

JB98
08-11-2006, 05:18 PM

Pods can barely handle LF. Mackowiak is a better outfielder than Pods. Ozzie has used Mack as a late-inning defensive replacement for Pods several times this season.

Our best defensive outfield is Mack in LF, BA in CF and JD in RF.

StatHead21
08-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Lefties Vs Verlander doesn't make that much of a difference, he has a great change up.

hawkjt
08-11-2006, 06:40 PM
ozzie went with BA tonite. I assume he will also start against Rogers tomorrow. This is your chance, BA to really solidify CF job.

The rest of the lineup is as expected. Cintron at ss.

JB98
08-11-2006, 07:14 PM
ozzie went with BA tonite. I assume he will also start against Rogers tomorrow. This is your chance, BA to really solidify CF job.

I wonder why they don't just DL Uribe and bring up a 12th pitcher. We could use a spare arm with so many consecutive games here in the dog days of August.

cgaudin
08-11-2006, 08:13 PM

Anderson is such a pushover, he's almost considered an automatic out. He absolutely, most definitely does not belong in a major league uniform. They need to teach that kid fields how to play outfield. BA is a total joke, I don't care what his defense shows otherwise.

hawkjt
08-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Pushover? Hardly- BA is hitting .285 from june 11 to aug 11. That is not an automatic out.

In that same span- Aaron rowand is hitting .215 for instance.

Mack is 6 for his last 28, for instance.

Chisox003
08-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Anderson is such a pushover, he's almost considered an automatic out. He absolutely, most definitely does not belong in a major league uniform. They need to teach that kid fields how to play outfield. BA is a total joke, I don't care what his defense shows otherwise.
:dtroll: are pushovers too.

You've been making dumb comments since you joined. This tops them all.