PDA

View Full Version : The Stand Up Thread Part II

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Once again, I get bitched at for standing up at the game tonight. A Yankee fan behind me kept yelling at me for standing up. I know what you're all gunna say, I should've turned around and told him off. I decided to ignore him instead. It was the top of the ninth with TWO FREAKING OUTS. I stood up and clapped and he goes "Alright sit down now. SIT DOWN! HEY BELLE (name on my back). YOU ****ING DEAF? SIT DOWN!" I ignored it and just moved over. I'm getting really sick of these people behind me constantly bitching at me for standing up during sox games. Throughout the game the guy was really annoying. When i said "JEEETTERRR" he called me and my friend "clowns" and said "you guys know nothing about baseball." He always yelled out the yankee names and clapped loudly when everyone else was watching the game. **** Yankee fans.

PKalltheway
08-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Once again, I get bitched at for standing up at the game tonight. A Yankee fan behind me kept yelling at me for standing up. I know what you're all gunna say, I should've turned around and told him off. I decided to ignore him instead. It was the top of the ninth with TWO FREAKING OUTS. I stood up and clapped and he goes "Alright sit down now. SIT DOWN! HEY BELLE (name on my back). YOU ****ING DEAF? SIT DOWN!" I ignored it and just moved over. I'm getting really sick of these people behind me constantly bitching at me for standing up during sox games. Throughout the game the guy was really annoying. When i said "JEEETTERRR" he called me and my friend "clowns" and said "you guys know nothing about baseball." He always yelled out the yankee names and clapped loudly when everyone else was watching the game. **** Yankee fans.
Yankee fans are pricks. You always hear about how opposing teams fans are unwelcome in their ballpark, but they'll invade everywhere else and start **** that people wouldn't dare start if they were in Yankee Stadium.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2006, 02:02 AM
Yankee fans are pricks. You always hear about how opposing teams fans are unwelcome in their ballpark, but they'll invade everywhere else and start **** that people wouldn't dare start if they were in Yankee Stadium.

There were WAYYYY too many yankee fans there tonight. I'm so glad this series is over.

JB98
08-11-2006, 02:03 AM

The "you know nothing about baseball" argument is always one of my favorites.

I have some old people who sit directly behind me, and they often yell at me to sit down. I'm reluctant to argue with them because they're season-ticket holders just like me, but you know, I do like to stand up at key moments in the game. So do the people in front of me. It's a touchy situation. I don't want to be rude, but I have no desire to sit on my hands either.

34rancher
08-11-2006, 02:11 AM
Just turn around and tell them they just got beat by a team and fan base that knows nothing about baseball....HAHA

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2006, 03:32 AM
There were WAYYYY too many yankee fans there tonight. I'm so glad this series is over.

Agreed!

And, tonight, I saw a guy with a Yankee hat wearing a Johnny Damon RED SOX jersey shirt! :o:

StockdaleForVeep
08-11-2006, 04:56 AM
If someone told me that i dont know baseball,. i would ask if they can name the last 4 managers of the yankees before joe torre, and bet them they cant
and then say "I never said i knew baseball, you were the one who said i didnt"

C-Dawg
08-11-2006, 06:16 AM
If someone told me that i dont know baseball,. i would ask if they can name the last 4 managers of the yankees before joe torre, and bet them they cant

Wasn't it Billy Martin, Billy Martin, Billy Martin, and Billy Martin?

TornLabrum
08-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Agreed!

And, tonight, I saw a guy with a Yankee hat wearing a Johnny Damon RED SOX jersey shirt! :o:

Can you say "Cubs fan in disguise"?

jenn2080
08-11-2006, 07:23 AM
I couldnt be happier this series is over. **** the Yankees fans. Top 2 worst fans

Yankees
Cleveland
Red Sox

They were the biggest bunch of *******s from the time I got on the train till the time I left the stadium.

itsnotrequired
08-11-2006, 07:57 AM
No problem on my end. I had Yankee fans behind me and next to me. We all had a good time.

Welcome to Section 520, the Land of Bliss.:cool:

TornLabrum
08-11-2006, 08:01 AM
No problem on my end. I had Yankee fans behind me and next to me. We all had a good time.

522 wasn't bad either, especially after the Sox took the lead.

itsnotrequired
08-11-2006, 08:15 AM

There has only been two games all season where some clowns sat next to me. 2 out of 57. And they weren't even that bad. It kind of makes me wonder how other people run into goofballs nearly every game.

:dunno:

Baby Fisk
08-11-2006, 08:20 AM
There has only been two games all season where some clowns sat next to me. 2 out of 57. And they weren't even that bad. It kind of makes me wonder how other people run into goofballs nearly every game.

It helps that you are 6'6" and 260. I've seen the photos! :cool:

soxfanaticpaulie
08-11-2006, 08:33 AM
If he is yelling at you to sit down with your team leading with 2 outs in the 9th, then I would just ask him if he's ever been to a baseball game before...:?:

Cat Thief
08-11-2006, 09:01 AM
The Yankee fans I encountered last night were worse than Cub fans. Their only saving grace is that they know a little about baseball, not as sheepish.

sox230
08-11-2006, 09:12 AM
I couldnt be happier this series is over. **** the Yankees fans. Top 2 worst fans

Yankees
Cleveland
Red Sox

They were the biggest bunch of *******s from the time I got on the train till the time I left the stadium.

I actually had a really pleasant time at Fenway watching the battle of the Sox. They are passionate and I had nice, intellectual baseball conversations with them. Top 3 worst fans (a combo of rudeness and stupidity)

1. Yankees
2. Cubs
3. (tie) Cleveland and Detroit

Mr.1Dog
08-11-2006, 09:12 AM

538 was sweet in in terms of Yankee fans. I was sitting next to a guy wearing a Red Sox hat and I asked him who he was pulling for to win. He said something along the lines of, "The Yankees because the White Sox suck." Needless to say I figured it was a Cubs fan in disguise and asked him why. His claim was that the Red Sox still have a chance at the division.:o: I laughed and said, good luck to you and your Red Saux.

sox230
08-11-2006, 09:25 AM
538 was sweet in in terms of Yankee fans. I was sitting next to a guy wearing a Red Sox hat and I asked him who he was pulling for to win. He said something along the lines of, "The Yankees because the White Sox suck." Needless to say I figured it was a Cubs fan in disguise and asked him why. His claim was that the Red Sox still have a chance at the division.:o: I laughed and said, good luck to you and your Red Saux.

So if he thought that the Red Sox had a chance at the division, than why would he be rooting for the Yankees?:?: Definite Cubs fan.

nysox35
08-11-2006, 09:31 AM

I'm taking my concessions commentary one step further (& weirder).
I think you should get the same thing at the next game, since it was a White Sox winner...
Get beers and Kosher dogs...see if it works.

We need this win tonight. I think if we win tonight, we sweep.
This is sort of assinine, I realize.

35th&Shields
08-11-2006, 09:31 AM
He always yelled out the yankee names and clapped loudly when everyone else was watching the game. **** Yankee fans.

We kicked the Yankees right out of the South Side. Thursday's game was disapointing but then I put it in perspective that we only lost that game by one run after they got their best pitching performance all year from a future Hall of Famer. We took two of three from the team ESPN.com has at #1 in their Power Rankings and is in first place in the AL East. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/powerranking) I try to be a glass is half full guy anyways, but it's getting easier. We've won the Yankees, Royals, Blue Jays and Orioles series all in a row and now we've got the Tigers at home. Championship ballclubs should be able to face tough challenges. We should embrace this time to show that WE are the Champions.

jenn2080
08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I actually had a really pleasant time at Fenway watching the battle of the Sox. They are passionate and I had nice, intellectual baseball conversations with them. Top 3 worst fans (a combo of rudeness and stupidity)

1. Yankees
2. Cubs

i had no problem when i went to boston. the red sox fans were really cool actually. it was here that they were *******s.

nysox35
08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
If he is yelling at you to sit down with your team leading with 2 outs in the 9th, then I would just ask him if he's ever been to a baseball game before...:?:

This is true...if he was a real NY'er/yankee fan, he'd know that Yankee fans stand for 2 out 2 strike counts almost every inning of every game (at least in the bleachers where I usually sit).

This guy sounds like he wasn't a real fan or was just pissed about the score.

FoulTerritory
08-11-2006, 09:38 AM
In the past two years I have been asked to sit at a U2 concert (when they were rocking out and 90% of the crowd was standing/dancing), a Pearl Jam concert (nobody should sit at PJ), a Bears game (when everyone was up for a big 3rd down against the Vikes), and a Sox game (at the world series after J.D.'s homer, and people were mostly still standing and cheering during the next AB).

And no, I do not stand up at sports games when everyone else is sitting and nothing exciting is going on. Yet, up till around 2003, I had never been asked to sit once at a sporting event or concert. This trend is disturbing. Whats going on here?

Memo to those people who yell at people to sit: It is generally acceptable to stand and/or dance and/or rock out for an entire rock concert, especially if it is a rocking band like say pearl jam, radiohead, u2 etc etc. Furthermore, at crucial and exciting moments during a sporting event, it is also socially acceptable, if not expected, that people stand. If you don't want to stand then fine, but don't yell at others.

*Gets off soap box*

C-Dawg
08-11-2006, 10:00 AM
i had no problem when i went to boston. the red sox fans were really cool actually. it was here that they were *******s.

Yes I agree; I thought they were awful when they came here. Never heard so much profanity in my whole life. And this was before they won the World Series - I haven't seen the Red Sox since they swept us here in 2004. The Yankee fans were gentlemen by comparison.

0o0o0
08-11-2006, 10:05 AM

1. Yankees
2. Cubs

Royal fans are *******s!

jenn2080
08-11-2006, 10:08 AM
That whole telling me to sit down during anything is a crock esp when something big is going on during the game or event. It is my choice to sit during something esp a concert. I dont expect to see when I am sitting.

IlliniSox4Life
08-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Royal fans are *******s!

Royal fans?

1951Campbell
08-11-2006, 10:12 AM

I wonder too. 29 years of ballgames, hundreds of games, I've only had one bad experience.

(Yankees fans at Fenway, by the way).

itsnotrequired
08-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I wonder too. 29 years of ballgames, hundreds of games, I've only had one bad experience.

We must be sitting in the wrong seats.

Scottzilla
08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
This is what my HS Gym teacher referred to as 'burger king syndrome'.
Everyone thinks that they can have everything their way.

Some people think they have the right to dictate to thousands of people when to sit down or stand up.

I think we all just need to make security work a little harder and call them over whenever some jerk starts up.

PKalltheway
08-12-2006, 12:40 AM
This may come as a suprise to many of you, but when I went to the Cardinals/Reds games here in Cincinnati on Tuesday and Wednesday, I saw A LOT of Cardinal fans who were being total pricks. I mean A LOT. I thought that Cardinal fans were supposed to be "the classiest fans in baseball." Now I have been to Reds/Cardinals games in the past and Cardinal fans weren't anywhere near being this bad. On those two nights this week though, they were horrible. Constantly talking **** and everything. Idk, I guess in years past when I've seen them play, the NL Central was pretty much wrapped up at this time, and Cardinal fans were just thinking about what playoff tickets they were going to get. This year is the first time they have had the heat on them since 2003, and I guess their fans aren't used to it.

LongLiveFisk
08-12-2006, 07:57 AM

Not saying this is the case with your situation, but be very careful when judging "Red Sox" fans at the Cell. I think at least 50% are Cub fans pretending to blend in as Bostonians.

Can you blame them, though? If I was a Cubs fan (God forbid), I'd want to wear a disguise too.