PDA

View Full Version : Brantley reconfirms idiocy

Milw
08-10-2006, 08:14 PM
During his rain delay commentary, Jeff Brantley declared unequivocably that the Red Sox will win the Wild Card and that the Twins and White Sox can't hang around.

More absurdly, he said that at this time last year, the White Sox pitchers were "turning it on" and "pulling away in the division."

Um, last year at this time our pitchers (well, our whole team) were slumping, and chumps like Brantley were starting to whisper that we were the biggest chokers in baseball history.

Brantley has mastered the rare pundit double play -- proving himself both a horribly inaccurate prognosticator AND a revisionist historian.

Moron.

lakeviewsoxfan
08-10-2006, 08:16 PM
During his rain delay commentary, Jeff Brantley declared unequivocably that the Red Sox will win the Wild Card and that the Twins and White Sox can't hang around.

More absurdly, he said that at this time last year, the White Sox pitchers were "turning it on" and "pulling away in the division."

Um, last year at this time our pitchers (well, our whole team) were slumping, and chumps like Brantley were starting to whisper that we were the biggest chokers in baseball history.

Brantley has mastered the rare pundit double play -- proving himself both a horribly inaccurate prognosticator AND a revisionist historian.

Moron.

Is this WTS Material???

The guy is a tool ESPN fired the wrong guy!!

cws05champ
08-10-2006, 08:23 PM

Moron.

Man, I said the same thing while listening to that crap!! :angry: I got pissed, but then I remembered...oh it's just Jeff Brantley...and oh it's ESPN baseball "analysts".

NDSox12
08-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Now he's basically implying that teams should be throwing inside on Morneau to remind him of getting hit in the head a couple years ago.

What a tool.

CLR01
08-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Is this WTS Material???

The guy is a tool ESPN fired the wrong guy!!

That didn't fire the wrong guy they just didn't fire enough of them. They need to blow the whole network up and start over again.

lakeviewsoxfan
08-10-2006, 08:55 PM
That didn't fire the wrong guy they just didn't fire enough of them. They need to blow the whole network up and start over again.

Well said Brantley is King :dtroll:

StockdaleForVeep
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM

Moron.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nl/sfgiants/BrantleySF.JPG
"Ive said it time and time again, Ozzie guillen does not know how to manage his closing staff, he got lucky last year now look where he is. Stupid stupid stupid, i am a veteran closer, i know how to pitch, Ozzie needs to be run out of town"

bryPt
08-10-2006, 10:49 PM
To be hired by ESPN, you have firmly place your lips right on the Red Sox organizations arse. Are we shocked by these statements from RS Appologist?

Lip Man 1
08-11-2006, 01:41 AM
Just remember CHAD Hermanson and Freddy GUZMAN.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lip

Chisox003
08-11-2006, 01:49 AM
See: My sig.

I'm surprised people still watch that poop.

JB98
08-11-2006, 02:51 AM
People get stupider every time they watch Baseball Tonight.

Personally, I think the Red Sox are going to implode. The Yankees will win the AL East, and the wild card will be a race to the finish between the White Sox and Twins.

Brantley's opinion is worth even less than mine and most posters here. Ignore the son of a bitch. It will take some of the stress out of your life.

Dan H
08-11-2006, 09:20 AM
The biggest trouble with ESPN is not that they keep predicting the White Sox to fail, but that they keep cheering for the Boston-New York domination of the playoffs. I don't think the White Sox are a cinch for anything, but Boston is certainly no lock, either. The Red Sox outfield play has been comical as of late, and this is no longer 2004. A Detroit - White Sox ALCS would be great. At least we wouldn't have to listen to Chris Berman have a nervous breakdown when Red Sox Nation goes down in flames, which I hope it does.

JB98
08-11-2006, 01:12 PM
The biggest trouble with ESPN is not that they keep predicting the White Sox to fail, but that they keep cheering for the Boston-New York domination of the playoffs. I don't think the White Sox are a cinch for anything, but Boston is certainly no lock, either. The Red Sox outfield play has been comical as of late, and this is no longer 2004. A Detroit - White Sox ALCS would be great. At least we wouldn't have to listen to Chris Berman have a nervous breakdown when Red Sox Nation goes down in flames, which I hope it does.

I think it's going to. My prediction is that Boston will falter. Schilling is the only reliable starter they have. Beckett gets a lot of hype, but he's horse**** away from Fenway Park. Papelbon has saved that team's ass this year, but now, he's starting to show chinks in the armor. Javy Lopez is NOT an adequate replacement for Varitek. He's a horrible defensive player. They'd be better off batting Mirabelli ninth and letting him handle the staff.

ESPN can do all the rah-rah stuff they want, but I don't think we are going to see a Boston-New York ALCS this year. The Yankees might get there, but I think the Red Sox are in serious trouble.

buehrle4cy05
08-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Whatever Brantley says, take the exact opposite and it will be true.

AnkleSox
08-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Brantley also said we'd all be crying in our beer by the end of last season. I guess he was right, if he meant tears of joy, and plenty of other booze in addition to beer.

SABRSox
08-11-2006, 03:20 PM
They're doing the exact opposite. ESPN has become the "overarching arm of sports" for ABC. All sports programming on ABC is now "ESPN on ABC."

SOXSINCE'70
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
They need to blow the whole network up and start over again.

AMEN!!The sooner,the better!!

JUST SAY NO TO ESPN!!:angry:

DumpJerry
08-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Brantley is on my ignore list.

cws05champ
08-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Mr. Brantley, what you have just said is the most insanly idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that can be considered a rational thought. Everyone who heard you is now dumber for having listened to it. You get zero points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :D:

RadioheadRocks
08-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Late bulletin... this afternoon, according to the Genius, Detroit isn't hearing footsteps coming from the White Sox!!!

TornLabrum
08-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Late bulletin... this afternoon, according to the Genius, Detroit isn't hearing footsteps coming from the White Sox!!!

So what exactly is it that's making their sphincter muscles so tight?