PDA

View Full Version : Arranging for a Sox public speaker

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm an AVID teacher, and every year, we have to have several public speakers speak to the students in our program. At our site team meeting today, the AVID administrator for our site team delegated duties and wants me to try to get a few speakers. I'd REALLY love to have Jermaine Dye come and speak to our students.

Has anyone here lined up for anyone in the Sox organization to speak at a school/event? If so, how did you go about doing that (I'd imagine talking to my season ticket rep would not be effective)?

Thanks in advance!

Tekijawa
08-10-2006, 02:44 PM
I pictured you as more of a Konerko type :)

I could talk to my brother and you could try and get Neil Cotts to come in to speak about how the ISU Basketball team and Baseball team almost got into it at one of the parties...

ewokpelts
08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm an AVID teacher, and every year, we have to have several public speakers speak to the students in our program. At our site team meeting today, the AVID administrator for our site team delegated duties and wants me to try to get a few speakers. I'd REALLY love to have Jermaine Dye come and speak to our students.

Has anyone here lined up for anyone in the Sox organization to speak at a school/event? If so, how did you go about doing that (I'd imagine talking to my season ticket rep would not be effective)?

Thanks in advance!contact brooks at bboyer@chisox.com...he'll be able to direct you to someone at the community relations staff....

DaleJRFan
08-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I'd REALLY love to have Jermaine Dye come and speak to our students.

I know this really doesn't help you much... but you couldn't have picked a better person. Have you ever stood near JD? He is larger than life and with his newfound stardom - the kids would love him. His United Way spot was great.

Good call chisoxfanatic.

jenn2080
08-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Get ready for Minnie or Kittle

TornLabrum
08-10-2006, 03:40 PM
We get our players through Danielle Disch. She'd be the one to call, not Brooks.

eriqjaffe
08-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Get ready for Minnie or KittleOr Moose.

ewokpelts
08-10-2006, 03:52 PM
We get our players through Danielle Disch. She'd be the one to call, not Brooks.that's who i've talked to in the past too...but i DID get her name through brooks...
Gene

ewokpelts
08-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Get ready for Minnie or Kittlenot neccesarily......the sox do provide current players and staff for non-profit uses.....if you are NOT non-proft. expect to pay(or ask for minie, kittle, or moose)

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2006, 03:54 PM
We get our players through Danielle Disch. She'd be the one to call, not Brooks.

I can't seem to find any contact numbers or email addresses on the website or in my season ticket holder book. Do you by chance still have it on hand?

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2006, 03:56 PM
not neccesarily......the sox do provide current players and staff for non-profit uses.....if you are NOT non-proft. expect to pay(or ask for minie, kittle, or moose)

We wouldn't be charging the students to attend this. They'd just be functioned out of a period or two of classes on one day to come to the school auditorium. Sufficient enough?

ewokpelts
08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
I can't seem to find any contact numbers or email addresses on the website or in my season ticket holder book. Do you by chance still have it on hand?ddisch@chisox.com

take the first initial, and add the full last name to @chisox.com

ewokpelts
08-10-2006, 03:58 PM
We wouldn't be charging the students to attend this. They'd just be functioned out of a period or two of classes on one day to come to the school auditorium. Sufficient enough?schools are almost always free(unless you using a player for a fundraising event)..the real hurdle is jd's schedule....

TornLabrum
08-10-2006, 04:04 PM
I can't seem to find any contact numbers or email addresses on the website or in my season ticket holder book. Do you by chance still have it on hand?

I think Danielle's is ddisch@chisox.com . You could also just call the ballpark and ask for her when you get the operator.

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks! Email sent.

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2006, 04:18 PM
I could talk to my brother and you could try and get Neil Cotts to come in to speak about how the ISU Basketball team and Baseball team almost got into it at one of the parties...

I heard all about that, but never heard of where it happened. Was it at Andy & Dave's place at 106 West Willow, or was it at the HOasis (the ugly white house on the corner of Fell & Locust)? I attended plenty of Red Rage parties at both places.

No wonder none of the basketball players ever attended ISU baseball games...Even though they were free!