PDA

View Full Version : Laughing in the dugout

chaerulez
08-10-2006, 10:47 AM
I was listening to the post game with the Ranger last night and some guy called in saying he didn't like the laughing by Crede and Dye at AJ after he fell on his ass. He said when your losing you shouldn't be laughing at all. That's a bunch of crap. This whole intense attitude that a player takes on the bench/sidelines doesn't help you win games or lose games, it's how you actually play the game on the field. Remember when the Marlins were getting blown out in the 2003 NLCS and Ozzie was joking around in the dugout? Who ended up winning the world series that year? And I think Lavar Arrington said he never smiles when his team is losing, but how many super bowls has he won? People who think players should act serious and have some sort of "gameface" on when they are losing, what is the point? Let Crede and Dye have their laughs. But I think the Ranger got it right, keeping a loose attitude helps Ozzie's teams come from behind and that he had no problem with the laughing either.

Scottiehaswheels
08-10-2006, 10:51 AM
God... thats moronic... its no wonder I haven't listened to a post game show in ages.... If anything these guys need to laugh more... They seem to be playing tight... Mr Roboto and I were talkin about this last night... Seems like with Wille/Carl/Aaron gone the attitude has shifted from fun and playing loose to professional and uptight.... I mean everyone enjoys their work more when you enjoy yourself doing it... I'm not advocating a lack of discipline out on the field or anything but at least enjoy yourself in the dugout...

DaleJRFan
08-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I like listening to the Ranger's post game show. When he is reviewing key plays, hits, etc he does a good job. When he starts taking calls, I turn it off. It's like reliving some of those insane trade rumor threads from last off-season.

100 Year Itch
08-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Why shouldn't they be laughing? Win or lose, they are still making millions of dollars per year playing a child's game. I'd be laughing too.

Law11
08-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I like listening to the Ranger's post game show. When he is reviewing key plays, hits, etc he does a good job. When he starts taking calls, I turn it off. It's like reliving some of those insane trade rumor threads from last off-season.

you mean you dont wanna hear from Trucker joe, south side mike or sad suzie give their opinions on what is wrong with the team?

SoxWillWin
08-10-2006, 11:26 AM
it's good they're laughing, if they start getting too serious about losing, they'll start pressing, they start pressing and they're DONE.

Uncle_Patrick
08-10-2006, 11:32 AM
you mean you dont wanna hear from Trucker joe, south side mike or sad suzie give their opinions on what is wrong with the team?

How about "If we still had Aaron Rowand out there in centerfield..."?

batmanZoSo
08-10-2006, 11:34 AM
I was listening to the post game with the Ranger last night and some guy called in saying he didn't like the laughing by Crede and Dye at AJ after he fell on his ass. He said when your losing you shouldn't be laughing at all. That's a bunch of crap. This whole intense attitude that a player takes on the bench/sidelines doesn't help you win games or lose games, it's how you actually play the game on the field. Remember when the Marlins were getting blown out in the 2003 NLCS and Ozzie was joking around in the dugout? Who ended up winning the world series that year? And I think Lavar Arrington said he never smiles when his team is losing, but how many super bowls has he won? People who think players should act serious and have some sort of "gameface" on when they are losing, what is the point? Let Crede and Dye have their laughs. But I think the Ranger got it right, keeping a loose attitude helps Ozzie's teams come from behind and that he had no problem with the laughing either.

The guy's full of crap. Bottom line is, everyone has their own way of dealing with life and their successes and failures at their jobs, whether it be sports or in a factory. There's no proper way to act when you're losing. There's no law that says you can't laugh when you're losing. Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

DaleJRFan
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM

If I wanted totally assbackwards analysis of the team, I would read some of my own posts... :cool:

kitekrazy
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM
I hate it when they act like they care too much like destroying inanimate objects. Kids seem to model that part of professional players best these days.

samram
08-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I thought AJ's swing was hilarious so I can't blame those guys for laughing. If you have a problem with them laughing, I would hope you never chuckle or laugh while you're at work.

ChiSoxFan7
08-10-2006, 11:59 AM
i think any and all emotion is acceptable. AS LONG AS it's controled. Laughing, throwing stuff, cursing, w/e it maybe is all good in reasonable amounts. As soon as a player acts too serious, or too carefree, they are screwed. It's a thin line, but still able to be done.

kwolf68
08-10-2006, 12:35 PM
I saw Crede and JD laughing and Im glad they were laughing. Newsflash guys, baseball is supposed to be fun. FUN!!!

The greatest game on planet earth is such because it is FUN (and difficult). These guys seem to never screw up in a sport that can make the best athlete look like a fool, but these guys do it, almost like robots they never do anything to look silly.

Well AJ flopped down last night when getting jammed and you know what? It was funny and I hope the guys don't get wrapped too tight where they can't have fun. Keep in mind, after that inning the Sox put 4 more runs on the board and damn near pulled it out in the 9th.

I hope the guys stay loose, have fun, poke fun and laugh ...

slobes
08-10-2006, 01:05 PM
The greatest game on planet earth is such because it is FUN

:hawk
"And that's why baseball is such a beautiful game."

digdagdug23
08-10-2006, 01:15 PM

I just realized that i was laughing at the same time. Please, can I have a cigarette when I go to the firing squad?

It's kind of like the 'holier-than-thou' types that feel it necessary to let me know that what I am doing at a certain time will lead down the path to hell. My response to them is "If this is the least of which you are condemning me for, then I will skip merrily down the path". What's the point in life if you can't have any FUN living it, to be the prettiest corpse in the cemetary? If the guys can't have a laugh at AJ's expense, then what's the point?:redneck

Law11
08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
If I wanted totally assbackwards analysis of the team, I would read some of my own posts... :cool:

I think that was the first time i laughed out loud at a post reply on this site since i joined a year ago...:kneeslap:

jenn2080
08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
This fan who called in can bite me. They should laugh and have fun. It helps their playing. What a moron.

35th&Shields
08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
I was listening to the post game with the Ranger last night and some guy called in saying he didn't like the laughing by Crede and Dye at AJ after he fell on his ass.

Who didn't laugh? You know that if anyone else fell on their ass that AJ would be the first one to heckle them, which makes it even funnier for everyone else. It was hilarious.

cgaudin
08-10-2006, 02:04 PM
I thought it was classic. AJ got jobbed pretty good with that filthy cutter Rivera throws. Had I seen that in person, I probably woudda busted a blood vessel. Of course it was funny. What, are you supposed to mope the whole game 'cause you're behind in the game. Trust me they get pretty serious when they get on the field or go to bat. I was even happy to see a shot of Ozzie busting a gut in the dugout, and they were losing by 5 runs at the time. Ozzie has it in perspective.