PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy Yankee fans?

BigPapaPump
08-10-2006, 11:32 AM
I've been to the last two games and I've seen some extra security guards, but nobody getting out of line to the point of getting into a fight or kicked out. Yesterday some Yankee fans in Sec. 104 almost got booted for giving the bird, but thats all I saw. Anyone see anything else or have a bad experience?

Scottiehaswheels
08-10-2006, 11:37 AM
I've been to the last two games and I've seen some extra security guards, but nobody getting out of line to the point of getting into a fight or kicked out. Yesterday some Yankee fans in Sec. 104 almost got booted for giving the bird, but thats all I saw. Anyone see anything else or have a bad experience?Was that the huge commotion that happened in the 8th inning or so? All I know is I saw a huge group of security run from left over to right around that time.... I was looking to see what was going on but couldn't tell from behind homeplate..

chaerulez
08-10-2006, 11:41 AM
I ran into a moron Yankee fan on the L. He saw me in a Jenks jersey so he said something about me being a White Sox fan and I told him if it wasn't for steroid users his team wouldn't have even made the playoffs last year. He then said Detroit is "20 games" ahead of us. My friend then told him he's sorry E-Rod hasn't lived up to expectations but don't blame us for being Sox fans. He kept talking some more and I tried to shut him up by saying any team with Sidney Ponson can't be taken seriously and then he said the stupidest comment of the night, "At least we didn't have Frank Thomas for 10 years."

I still don't get it. Is that an insult? Frank Thomas is a first ballot HOFer. Needless to say, the guy was a giant tool. I wonder how many Yankee fans at these games are actually from the NY area.

BigPapaPump
08-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I sat in Sec 103 and there was garbage and peanuts being tossed relentlessly at a group of about 10 to 15 NY fans. Security was everywhere. I left after the 7th inning, but my buddy stayed and said there was a fight in our section, some 400 pound Sox fan pummelling some guy.

Other fans can make me:angry:, but I think it makes us look bad to start fighting in the stands. :(:

jenn2080
08-10-2006, 11:49 AM
I sat in Sec 103 and there was garbage and peanuts being tossed relentlessly at a group of about 10 to 15 NY fans. Security was everywhere. I left after the 7th inning, but my buddy stayed and said there was a fight in our section, some 400 pound Sox fan pummelling some guy.

Other fans can make me:angry:, but I think it makes us look bad to start fighting in the stands. :(:

I was in 106 and from what we could tell the yankees fans were being big *******s the whole time. they deserved it.

Jerko
08-10-2006, 11:49 AM
My buddy was at the Tuesday game and said he saw a Sox fan sucker punch a Yankee fan in the face on the ramps after the game was over. Yankee fan was bleeding all over and said yes, he is pressing charges. Yankee fan then tries to throw his own blood on handcuffed Sox fan. Fun times had by all. :rolleyes: Every team has moron fans, no 2 ways about it. True, some have more than others, but nobody is perfect or blameless.

itsnotrequired
08-10-2006, 11:51 AM

I was over in 157 toward the end of the game and saw some doings transpiring over in that area. Looks like a rash of idiotness broke out...

Scottzilla
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM
it does not make us look bad to beat on punks. when you go to another teams park and start talking junk you are asking to be pelted with food/ ice.

if someone walks through the front door of your home drunk and insults your wife, do you worry what people will think about you or do you just kick his butt?

BigPapaPump
08-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Tuesdays game I sat by 3 screaming 9 year olds. They were giving Man Soo Lee a hard time in the pen. Everytime the Yankees did something I had to hear about it from them. They were no where to be found when the game was over. I think I could have taken them.:D:

BigPapaPump
08-10-2006, 11:58 AM
it does not make us look bad to beat on punks. when you go to another teams park and start talking junk you are asking to be pelted with food/ ice.

if someone walks through the front door of your home drunk and insults your wife, do you worry what people will think about you or do you just kick his butt?

good point. I would never act that way at another park.

FielderJones
08-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm sure SoxEd could regale us with tales of football hooliganism gone deadly.

skottyj242
08-10-2006, 12:11 PM
I was over in 157 toward the end of the game and saw some doings transpiring over in that area. Looks like a rash of idiotness broke out...

158 :D:

CaptainBallz
08-10-2006, 02:20 PM

I was in 104. That group of Yanks fans were being obnoxious the entire time. Anytime anything "Yank-ish" happened they were sure to turn around and get cocky with us. Mostly dumb kids about 13-16 years old and deserved every peanut thrown at them. Somebody threw an empty plastic bottle at them, which I agree was a bit much. Either way, it started getting a bit rowdy as the Sox were coming back. Security eventually went over to them and had some words. They all left before the end of the game.

The fight was a bit behind me in 105. I didn't see how it started though.

FARMEO
08-10-2006, 02:32 PM
I was in section 103. There was a fight in section 104-05, but it appeared to be mostly pushing. There was also a group of about 20 Yankee high school aged fans in 103. The Yankee fans keep antagonizing everyone in the section, that's why the peanuts and other things were thrown. Finally guest services told the Yankee fans to turn around and watch the game.

There was also a Yankee fan dropping f-bombs on Sox fans in my section. I am not sure if he was a fan or if he just liked wearing his hat at an odd angle on his head.

pearso66
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
I was in 141 (i think that was it) last night and there was an obnoxious Yankee fan behind us. He didn't shut up the entire game, and when it was over, he felt he had to rub it in everyones face. There were also a few yankee fans that drove past us after the game saying "Sox Suck" and stuff like that. There were also 4 cars vandalized and a hit and run in lot L too, I don't know if that was Yankee or Sox fans doing that though.

Although going down the ramps, some Sox fans decided to start chanting "Yankees Suck" which struck me as odd as we just lost to the Yankees.

CaptainBallz
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Although going down the ramps, some Sox fans decided to start chanting "Yankees Suck" which struck me as odd as we just lost to the Yankees.

HA! I heard that too and turned to the guy next to me, "Yeah that's fine and everything, but are you really supposed to chant that after you lose?" They're not all the brightest.

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2006, 05:07 AM

Tonight after the game, while crossing 35th Street to make my way under the viaduct, I saw/heard two little girls (had to be 4 or 5 years old) chanting that for at least a solid minute! It was so cute and priceless!

whitesoxwin
08-11-2006, 02:11 PM
I still feel a lot of "Flub" fans still come to the Cell and wear "anybody we are playing" stuff.
Especially, the Red Sox...but I am sure there are quite a few Yankee fans out there.
When you win as many championships as the Yankee's, popularity and extended fan base has to be huge.
The one's that get into trouble at the Cell games are mainly "anti-sox" idiots--thus, the "Flub" connection.
Plus, the "Flubs" were on the road.
Just my opinion.

roylestillman
08-11-2006, 02:26 PM
158 :D:

I was in my seats in 158. Not a stellar night for behavior all around. I sat next to two drunkie drunk Trixies who would only get off the cell phone to announce their intention to "pee" or to drool over the guy in front of me in the Wrigley Field shirt who's name - and I'm not making this up - was Chad. They both went off for a few innings before Chad returned claiming that he got "some action." Sheesh

itsnotrequired
08-11-2006, 02:30 PM
They both went off for a few innings before Chad returned claiming that he got "some action." Sheesh

Way to go, Chad!

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-11-2006, 02:31 PM
An old dude infront of us started throwing popcorn at a yankee girl standing up and cheering when the yankees did something good. And of course they're my thread in the clubhouse....:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::a ngry:

ThatGuyOnTheL
08-11-2006, 05:29 PM
They both went off for a few innings before Chad returned claiming that he got "some action."

Hey Chad, this Bud's for you:

http://gsm.about.com/pictures/photo_us/003/valt001t.jpg