PDA

View Full Version : Oh CRAP

Pete_SSAC
02-20-2002, 02:00 PM
WSCR is reporting that Wunch was running and pulled his hammy. It was so bad he had to be carted off the feild

Let's hope it not too bad...

- Pete

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-20-2002, 02:33 PM
:kelly

I was running to give Royce a hug!

What the hell is this all about? I even had a talk with him at SoxFest that he was "the guy". Now it looks like I will have to report to spring training. :gulp:

voodoochile
02-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
I was running to give Royce a hug!

:hitless
"Crap, now those fans at WSI will blame me for this too... Is it my fault I was born beautiful? God why did you curse me with these movie star looks, smooth graceful movements and the arms of Adonis? Is it my fate to be forever cursed and hated because I am just that much more talented and more loved than the other players? Why me, oh Lord? Why me?"

:iron
"Man you really are an idiot... Would you please shut up? You are making my ears hurt..."

RedPinStripes
02-20-2002, 04:02 PM
Great............... Let the injuries begin.

Foulke You
02-20-2002, 04:12 PM
UGH! At least it happened early. Maybe he can rest the hammy and be ready for opening day. This illustrates why the Sox need another dependable lefty in the bullpen. We can't count completely on a healthy Wunsch. Fill in the blank guys like Embree and Pulsipher aren't going to cut it either. This shows you how moronic that Bradford for Olivo trade was. While Bradford wasn't left handed, his underhanded delivery made him very effective against lefty batters.

:KW
"At the time I thought this team needed another light hitting AA catching prospect that will never see the major leagues so I dealt Bradford to Oakland."

CerberusWG
02-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Plesac looks good right about now...

RedPinStripes
02-20-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Wonder if Toranto will ever want a trade with us again? Or, will they take a ptbnl?

TimChamp
02-20-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Maybe his dream can be fulfilled after all...

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-20-2002, 05:09 PM
:keith

I can try throwing lefty, don't worry!

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-20-2002, 05:10 PM
:keith

I can try throwing lefty, don't worry!

:versatile

And I will try to catch!

TimChamp
02-20-2002, 05:12 PM
Well, looks like he'll be gone for two throwing sessions (1-2 weeks is my guess) or so with a moderate hamstring pull...

Here's an article I found on it...
Wunsch has an owie... (http://www.chicagosports.com/whitesox/content/story/0,1984,175746,00.html)

And believe me, I used to be a sprinter and I know how much that hurts... :whiner:

TimChamp
02-20-2002, 05:13 PM

And I will try to catch!

LOL!!! More like he'll try to learn how to THROW baserunners out... :gulp:

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by TimChamp

LOL!!! More like he'll try to learn how to THROW baserunners out... :gulp:

I'll kick your butt just by looking at you. Damn fans!

Daver
02-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Ah yes,four days into training camp and a pitcher is injured,yet Nardi still has a job.For the most part,hamstring injuries are a result of poor warm-up practices or poor conditioning regimen,the pitching coach is responsible for both of those.How many pitchers is this guy going to wound till the Sox realize that he is unfit to work with a pitching staff?Instead of building that multi million dollar rehab facility in Lisle they coud have canned Nardi and spent that money on players.Ridiculous.

:firenardi

foulkesfan11
02-20-2002, 05:48 PM
Kelly is awesome!

GET WELL SOON KELLY!!!

Huisj
02-20-2002, 06:03 PM
I gotta say I like Wunsch now, it says he was a mechanical engineering major in college. Awesome, that's what I'm going in to. He's the man.

I wonder how long it took him to engineer those funky mechanics of his delivery . . . I wonder what the stress/strain plot for his body looks like from that motion. . . ok lame attempt of humor there.

Pete_SSAC
02-20-2002, 08:52 PM
Well, at least it wasn't a horrible injury and it looks like that he'll make it for opening day.

- Pete

longshot7
02-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

:hitless
"Crap, now those fans at WSI will blame me for this too... Is it my fault I was born beautiful? God why did you curse me with these movie star looks, smooth graceful movements and the arms of Adonis? Is it my fate to be forever cursed and hated because I am just that much more talented and more loved than the other players? Why me, oh Lord? Why me?"

:iron

"Hey, who you crappin?"

34rancher
02-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Kelly was on the score tonight around 6pm. He didn't mention it at all.

Pete_SSAC
02-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
Kelly was on the score tonight around 6pm. He didn't mention it at all.

From everything I've heard and read, I don't think this is a big deal, it's just that since we came off a bad season injury wise last year, any little thing will be reported.

- Pete

CubKilla
02-21-2002, 12:26 AM
I hope that's the case. While I don't think he's to blame, I'm gonna say it anyway.....

:firenardi