PDA

View Full Version : Paulie to be on ESPNews Hot List

Martinigirl
08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
This half hour.

Mr.1Dog
08-09-2006, 03:44 PM
For those of us unable to get to a tv please keep us posted as to what is said.

stacksedwards
08-09-2006, 03:45 PM
There just going to ask him what he thinks about the Red Sox and what it was like growing up in Rhode Island and being a Red Sox fan.

QCIASOXFAN
08-09-2006, 03:52 PM
There just going to ask him what he thinks about the Red Sox and what it was like growing up in Rhode Island and being a Red Sox fan. My eyes.

Martinigirl
08-09-2006, 04:13 PM
I love Paulie in interviews because he acts like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than talking to the reporter.

Anyway, he was his usual soft spoken self. Talked about the homerun, but I think the reporter thought that Paulie was the one that hit in Iguchi in the 11th, because he asked about his hit in the 11th. Paulie asked him to repeat the question. Paulie was nice and kind of sidestep it and just talked about how electric the crowd was, and didn't point out he didn't have a hit in the 11th.

The reporter asked about Thome and Paulie said that was the biggest piece of the puzzle, saying without him that he didn't want to think about how far back we would be. Then the reporter said something about JD, like he was finally having a good season after years of disappointments. Paulie then pointed out JD was the MVP of the World Series and has been great for the Sox since June of last year.

Said the Twins never give up and that they are a tough team. Was not asked about the Tigers or the Yankees.

Basically the interview proved, once again, that Paulie is much smarter than the people asking him questions.

cleanwsox
08-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Basically the interview proved, once again, that Paulie is much smarter than the people asking him questions.

And also shows that ESPNews reporters have no idea who they are talking too. :D:

DumpJerry
08-09-2006, 04:21 PM
There just going to ask him what he thinks about the Red Sox and what it was like growing up in Rhode Island and being a Red Sox fan.
:tealtutor:

whitesoxwilkes
08-09-2006, 04:36 PM
I love Paulie in interviews because he acts like he would rather be anywhere else in the world than talking to the reporter.

Anyway, he was his usual soft spoken self. Talked about the homerun, but I think the reporter thought that Paulie was the one that hit in Iguchi in the 11th, because he asked about his hit in the 11th. Paulie asked him to repeat the question. Paulie was nice and kind of sidestep it and just talked about how electric the crowd was, and didn't point out he didn't have a hit in the 11th.

The reporter asked about Thome and Paulie said that was the biggest piece of the puzzle, saying without him that he didn't want to think about how far back we would be. Then the reporter said something about JD, like he was finally having a good season after years of disappointments. Paulie then pointed out JD was the MVP of the World Series and has been great for the Sox since June of last year.

Said the Twins never give up and that they are a tough team. Was not asked about the Tigers or the Yankees.

...and quite a nice switch from the "Paul Konerko has diarrhea of the mouth" attitudes some folks were showing here last year.

Right on, Paulie!:cheers:

buehrle4cy05
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Because they didn't say what time the PK interview was going to be on, I got to sit through about an hour of Brian Kenny making a total ass of himself (before the PK interview). First, he asked some USA Today reporter if the Yankees lineup when Matsui and Sheffield get back would be the best ever. The guy didn't out and out call him an idiot, but his answer made Kenny look like a complete dumbass for not knowing about Murderers Row. Then, Kenny asks some egghead from BP if Francisco Liriano is the best rookie pitcher ever. Well, he'll have a tough time doing that when you just reported that he's going to the DL.

Get a clue.

HotelWhiteSox
08-09-2006, 05:24 PM

Actually that was exactly what the reporter asked PK the last time I saw him on ESPNEWS Hotlist around last year