PDA

View Full Version : Sully Smackdown

FielderJones
08-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Cubune Watch (http://www.cubune.com/2006/08/reason-21-we-want-your-money.html) takes on Sully's 20 Reasons to Keep Watching the Cubs.

1951Campbell
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
20 Reasons to Keep Watching the Cubs.

Wow, Sully's got his ethics and his manhood in a blind trust these days!

Hitmen77
08-10-2006, 11:01 AM
The Trib has really been shameless lately in using journalists to write advertisements for their baseball division.

This Sullivan article was pure Cubs propaganda tripe. It even includes a jab at the world champion White Sox's recent struggles. Do you see the Trib writing such a thing for any other Chicago sports team (20 reasons to keep watching the Hawks!) when they stink?

A few weeks ago, after the Cubs gave up 2 grand slams in the same inning, the Trib wrote an article about how it was just one more piece of "Wrigley's mystique". That is why people keep coming to Wrigley, to see these historic events, blah, blah, blah. Fans throwing garbage on the field? The Trib's spin was to mention only the "throwing the ball back" tradition. This, to them proved that great, loyal Cub fans would rather stand by their principles than make money by selling a famous HR ball on e-bay. :rolleyes: That was the most shameless attempt to polish a turd that I have seen in a long time.

TDog
08-11-2006, 03:28 AM
The Juneau Empire ran this story, with Sullivan's byline, on the front page of its sport section Wednesday morning. I can't blame the sports editor. I learned he had he day off and left the section in he hands of someone who thinks people in Alaska care about the Cubs.

vegyrex
08-11-2006, 08:07 AM
4 Ronnie and Pat: The Cubs' radio duo of Pat Hughes and Ron Santo provides both perspective and lunacy. In times like these, Santo is invaluable.
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15220782.htm

Eww, typical company man. Those guys were considered garbage last year in a USA Today survey of MLB radio broadcasters.

TornLabrum
08-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Eww, typical company man. Those guys were considered garbage last year in a USA Today survey of MLB radio broadcasters.

Which is why I feel sorry for Pat Hughes, who is actually a pretty decent broadcaster, and who is brought down by Santo's incessant moaning and lack of any meaningful analysis.

Steelrod
08-11-2006, 08:14 AM
The Juneau Empire ran this story, with Sullivan's byline, on the front page of its sport section Wednesday morning. I can't blame the sports editor. I learned he had he day off and left the section in he hands of someone who thinks people in Alaska care about the Cubs.
Glad to hear they have newspapers in the real frozen tundra!

TDog
08-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Glad to hear they have newspapers in the real frozen tundra!

We have news to put in them too. We just don't have an economy, with BP shutting down the pipeline.