PDA

View Full Version : FOX picks up Sat Game-Time Change to 12:20

Chicken Dinner
08-09-2006, 12:35 PM
No Extra Innings for us out of out-of-towners. I hate FOX.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5619630

MarySwiss
08-09-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, and to top it off, we've got ESPN tonight and tomorrow. Yecchhh! :(:

getonbckthr
08-09-2006, 12:56 PM
This may sound completely crazy, and I may be out of my mind, but with todays technology and such things as ONDEMAND why can't stations like FOX for baseball and football and CBS for football have like FOX IN DEMAND where we can choose which game we want. As far as the blackout regulations just set it up where you can only select 1 game and once you make that selection all the other available games get blacked out.

Heffalump
08-09-2006, 12:59 PM
a little bit OT, but I hate these Fox time adjustments because it screws with my tailgating!!!.... I've had 2 or three night game tailgates adjusted to day games already this year.

Not that I am complaining (actually, yes I am), but its just more fun to tailgate for a 6:05pm game than a 12:20.

GO SOX !!!!!

SoxFan78
08-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I hate that Fox picked up this first game.

One reason because, as one poster mentioned, it takes away a Saturday night tailgating party. Usuall on saturday night games, I get there at 3:00. Put down lots of burgers and beer, and im fine for the 6:05 start.

Now, I ahve to get there around 9 or 10, still wake up, and get ready for the game at noon.

But the thing that really grinds my gears is that instead of the game going out to everybody with the MLB extra innings package, Fox has LIMITED the amount of people can watch the game.

Only 24% of the country is going to see this game. Yeah, the top two teams in the AL Central are facing each other. One team has the best record in the league, the other is the defending WS champs. Fox instead decides that 53% of the country needs to see the heated Yankee/Angel rivarly.

TDog
08-09-2006, 01:38 PM
This may sound completely crazy, and I may be out of my mind, but with todays technology and such things as ONDEMAND why can't stations like FOX for baseball and football and CBS for football have like FOX IN DEMAND where we can choose which game we want. As far as the blackout regulations just set it up where you can only select 1 game and once you make that selection all the other available games get blacked out.

As long as people buy the services offered, putting up with the blackouts instead of holding out for better services, things won't improve.

minutia
08-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I bought tickets to this game in particular because it was a fireworks night and my mom wanted to go to at least one fireworks night. She is not going ot be happy.

JohnBasedowYoda
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
That sucks!! It better not be too hot.

minutia
08-09-2006, 02:24 PM
The one good thing I guess is I won't have to listen to the Fox ass clown announcers since I will be at the game.

MarySwiss
08-09-2006, 02:28 PM
I hate that Fox picked up this first game.

One reason because, as one poster mentioned, it takes away a Saturday night tailgating party. Usuall on saturday night games, I get there at 3:00. Put down lots of burgers and beer, and im fine for the 6:05 start.

Now, I ahve to get there around 9 or 10, still wake up, and get ready for the game at noon.

But the thing that really grinds my gears is that instead of the game going out to everybody with the MLB extra innings package, Fox has LIMITED the amount of people can watch the game.

Only 24% of the country is going to see this game. Yeah, the top two teams in the AL Central are facing each other. One team has the best record in the league, the other is the defending WS champs. Fox instead decides that 53% of the country needs to see the heated Yankee/Angel rivarly.

Not to mention the fact that here in Phoenix, we get the late West Coast game, so there is no reason on earth we couldn't see the Sox game also--except for the stupid STUPID STUPID Fox rules!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Law11
08-09-2006, 02:49 PM
This was my main reason for taking Friday night games in my Ozzie plan.
The times arent changing.. And with the 7:30 starts it gives you more time to battle traffic.

I want Mags back
08-09-2006, 02:51 PM
I wish Fox would pick up the Twins game at the end of the year that isnrt on TV. ****in Gophers, have to play at night, what bull****

SABRSox
08-09-2006, 02:56 PM
As much as I wish there wasn't a blackout on the Fox games, I'm resigned to the fact that there will never be a day when MLB.TV is allowed to broadcast these Saturday games.

It's all about the advertising. Fox doesn't want to lose it to internet viewers. I thought about just showing the commercials on MLB.TV, but then you run into problems with SAG/AFTRA, the DGA, and a whole score of unions whose talent collect residuals on commercials. It's way too complicated to appease all sides in an agreement that would get Saturday baseball games on MLB.TV.

The only way around it is to field a team Fox doesn't want to have anything to do with. Unfortunately, and I think you'll all agree with me on this one, we'd rather field a winning team we can't see 1 day a week (unless you live in Chicago) than the Kansas City Royals who, for some crazy reason, never seem to get blacked out.

mattymsu
08-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Not to mention the fact that here in Phoenix, we get the late West Coast game, so there is no reason on earth we couldn't see the Sox game also--except for the stupid STUPID STUPID Fox rules!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Exactly (Anthem here). It was nice to have YES HD last night though.

Fenway
08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Fox has an announcer Saturday doing the Boston game I have never heard of.

Orioles @ Red Sox - 8% Matt Vasgersian, Jerry Remy

Matt Vasgersian????

whitesoxfan
08-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Fox has an announcer Saturday doing the Boston game I have never heard of.

Orioles @ Red Sox - 8% Matt Vasgersian, Jerry Remy

Matt Vasgersian????

He's the Padres announcer and is the main announcer in the video game, MLB 06 The Show. IMO, he is a very good announcer and is better than most of those other doofuses on FOX and ESPN. Good to see FOX is giving him a chance in calling some games.

Fenway
08-09-2006, 03:04 PM
He's the Padres announcer and is the main announcer in the video game, MLB 06 The Show. IMO, he is a very good announcer and is better than most of those other doofuses on FOX and ESPN. Good to see FOX is giving him a chance in calling some games.

Looking forward to hearing him. Remy is of course Remy but at least on Fox he doesn't have his Wally beanbag with him.

http://www.theremyreport.com/images/merchandise/Wally_in_chair_thumb.jpg (http://www.theremyreport.com/images/merchandise/Wally_in_chair.jpg)

NDSox12
08-09-2006, 04:20 PM

This is quite a random reference, but he was also host of the game show "Sports Geniuses" that briefly aired on Fox Sports Net years ago. Lisa Guerrero was the co-host.

QCIASOXFAN
08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Dammit! I have to be in a wedding at noon that day.:angry: :angry: :angry:

salty99
08-09-2006, 04:29 PM
[quote=fenway]Looking forward to hearing him. Remy is of course Remy but at least on Fox he doesn't have his Wally beanbag with him.
[quote]

Matt V. was also up for the CUbs job a couple years ago.

spiffie
08-09-2006, 04:30 PM
This is quite a random reference, but he was also host of the game show "Sports Geniuses" that briefly aired on Fox Sports Net years ago. Lisa Guerrero was the co-host.
And even more importantly, he was an announcer for the greatest sports league ever...the deeply-missed
http://www.sportsbusinesssims.com/xfl_logo.gif

I want Mags back
08-10-2006, 02:17 PM

He also announces poker on NBC.

lumpyspun
08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I could be wrong, but I checked on tvguide.com to see what game will be shown in Seattle and they are showing an early game on Saturday, which I am assuming will be the Sox. They never show the early game, so we'll see.

Chicken Dinner
08-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I could be wrong, but I checked on tvguide.com to see what game will be shown in Seattle and they are showing an early game on Saturday, which I am assuming will be the Sox. They never show the early game, so we'll see.
Seattle gets Angels and Yankmees.

lumpyspun
08-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Seattle gets Angels and Yankmees.

Thanks for the info...I will be spending tomorrow drafting my 6th email this season to Fox about how much they absolutley suck.

MarySwiss
08-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Exactly (Anthem here). It was nice to have YES HD last night though.

:welcome:

And the Arizona branch of WSI continues to grow!

Did you get last night's game on INHD? It was the Chicago feed instead of having Berman and that other clown.

cgaudin
08-11-2006, 10:33 AM
No one in the midwest should bitch about FOX televising the game. At least you get to see it. I gotta deal with another dose of those hateful Yankees playing the Angels. Here in Orlando we get squat from the midwest, unless the Skankees or Dead Sox play our boys. Can someone record the game as MPG and send it to me....please?

Come to think of it, perhaps there are a few out there who can help us out of towners watch the game, even if after the fact. Post a thread or something.

NDSox12
08-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Looks like I'm only going to get to see one of the three games this weekend. Tonight's game is on WCIU, which is not part of the MLB Extra Innings package and apparantly Detroit's broadcast is not either. Then with the Fox deal tomorrow, that only leaves Sunday. I guess I'll get my fill of Farmer and Singleton this weekend.

mattymsu
08-11-2006, 05:01 PM
:smile:

I have Directv (which doesn't INHD). I was forced to listen to Berman. :::Chills:::

So no game tonight on MLB EI? That is a serious bummer.

:welcome:

And the Arizona branch of WSI continues to grow!

Did you get last night's game on INHD? It was the Chicago feed instead of having Berman and that other clown.

MarySwiss
08-11-2006, 05:08 PM
:smile:

I have Directv (which doesn't INHD). I was forced to listen to Berman. :::Chills:::

So no game tonight on MLB EI? That is a serious bummer.

You should be able to get tonight's game on MLB.TV, though. Or maybe a sports bar?

For tomorrow's game, I think you'd need to fly to somewhere east of the Continental Divide. :angry:

unclegary
08-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Matt Vasergian does the Padre games. He can be a bit histrionic but he is an up and coming young announcer. IN FACT, the FLUBS were trying to sign him last year but the Padres wouldn't let him out of the contract. Prior to his work with the Padres, he did the Brewer games.