PDA

View Full Version : Interesting & Funny Article By Gonzales on Pitching Staff

kevingrt
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
I thought this was an interesting yet funny article in the Cubune today about Guillen and the pitching staff the ending is funny when Guillen makes a statement about McCarthy. But it is rather interesting as well. From the sounds of it the it is very unlikely anyone new is going to be moving into the starting rotation this year.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-060808soxbrite,1,1178827.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Ol' No. 2
08-09-2006, 10:21 AM
I thought this was an interesting yet funny article in the Cubune today about Guillen and the pitching staff the ending is funny when Guillen makes a statement about McCarthy. But it is rather interesting as well. From the sounds of it the it is very unlikely anyone new is going to be moving into the starting rotation this year.I could have told you that and saved you 50 cents for the paper.

caulfield12
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM
If Brandon McCarthy doesn't have good enough stuff (his fastball has been 90-94 consistently this season), then what does that say about Garcia and Buehrle?

It's easy to pick on the Brandon of April and May of 2005, but he was a completely different pitcher when he returned and pitched down the stretch. The White Sox wouldn't have won the pennant last season without Contreras and Brandon pitching so well in the final 6 weeks.

It's possible with the Liriano situation and all the Red Sox injuries that we stil make the playoffs with our starting pitching in disarray, but it's also possible that the Red Sox claim Clemens and work out a deal with Houson for him. Thank God for the Yankees, because they would undoubtedly also put a claim on him, although they're not in a position to block the Red Sox per se.

Besides the Angels, Mets, maybe the Dodgers, who could (and would) pay Clemens that kind of money down the stetch?