PDA

View Full Version : Crede and Dye

ChiSoxFan7
08-09-2006, 10:55 AM
These two were the favorites to win the fav. player game(Crede-82, JD -81), so i was just wondering who do you think is better/more valueable to the sox?

After last nights game it's obvious that they are both clutch, both have power, both have great d at their positions, and they are overall good ball players....

Joe has injury problems
and
JD has age

that's about the only negatives i could scartch up on them...

So the question still stands: Who is more valueable to the Sox?

SoxWillWin
08-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately I abstain.

But I do have a question.

All the RBIs that Dye gets are from the guys in front of him getting on base, that means he's an RBI producer.

With Crede having nearly 80 RBI, how many times has He driven in Dye?

I honestly don't know, but if Dye is driving in runs and getting on base for Crede to drive him in, he may be a bit more valueable.

I don't know

Chicken Dinner
08-09-2006, 11:01 AM
The one who contributes more.

35th&Shields
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
These two were the favorites to win the fav. player game(Crede-82, JD -81), so i was just wondering who do you think is better/more valueable to the sox?
Isn't this like trying to decide which of your kids you love more?

my5thbench
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
I have felt all year long that Dye is this team's MVP....I truly believe that if he keeps this up he will deserve consideration for league MVP, but I imagine that few people besides Sox fans wll even notice...surely no one on the East coast will bother to watch his numbers...keep it up Jermaine

Fake Chet Lemon
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
More valuable this year is Dye. Think of an outfield left to right of Pods, Anderson, and Mackowiak. That is absolutely frightening, not many (any?) in baseball worse overall.

nevr say dye sox
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM
I was sitting at the game last night and was wondering, doesn't it make more sense to put Dye in the 3 spot and put Thome 4 with Konerko 5. I think Dye is our best hitter, and it would give Thome more opportunity to drive in runs. With Posednik and Iguchi not getting on base Thome's RBI' aren't all that great compared to others in the AL with much fewer HR's. Just a thought!

ChiSoxFan7
08-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Isn't this like trying to decide which of your kids you love more?

true, but some parents (fans) do have that favorite child(player)

nedlug
08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I was sitting at the game last night and was wondering, doesn't it make more sense to put Dye in the 3 spot and put Thome 4 with Konerko 5. I think Dye is our best hitter, and it would give Thome more opportunity to drive in runs. With Posednik and Iguchi not getting on base Thome's RBI' aren't all that great compared to others in the AL with much fewer HR's. Just a thought!

See the 'where is thome as a 3 hitter' thread for this and other options in full detail.

Craig Grebeck
08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Dye OPS- 1.024
Crede OPS- .891

I'll take Jermaine Jermaine.

soxfanatlanta
08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Yes.

Palehose13
08-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I really can't answer. Both are extremely valuable and I am afraid to think of what the Sox record would be without them this year.

CubsfansareDRUNK
08-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Write me in for those who can't decide. It's like trying to compare Zeppelin and the Who. They're both amazing.

Daver
08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Crede is more valuable to the team, even if he is hitting .230 with 10 HR's.

Think about how many baserunners he has kept off first base with his glove.

StockdaleForVeep
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Crede for his overall defense edges him over

esbrechtel
08-11-2006, 12:02 AM
the only reason his back always hurts is because he is carrying this team!

Save McCuddy's
08-11-2006, 12:11 AM
This is only the beginning with Joe. His pedigree suggests that this breakout year is legit and a harbinger of things to come.

cgaudin
08-11-2006, 01:10 AM

You need a contact bat in that 3 spot. Dye strikes out almost as much as Thome. But if you put Thome behind Dye, I think he would see a lot of good pitches to hit, not unlike Manny behind Big Papi. The best contact bat in this lineup is Pierzinski, but he doesn't have enough power, I guess.

JB98
08-11-2006, 03:13 AM
This is a tough question. Both are having the best years of their career. I think Dye is more valuable offensively because he's the most consistent hitter on our team, IMO. He's a clutch player with a long history of getting big hits against good pitching. He sees more pitches than Crede and is generally a tougher out. BUT, Crede has improved by leaps and bounds in those areas in the last year, and there's no denying he's had some huge hits for this team. Joe is the best in the business at third base, without a doubt our best defensive player. That's a hard commodity to find when you look around the league.

It's very, very close, but I'd give a slight nod to JD.

Fake Chet Lemon
08-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Love Crede, but don't think he could be "the man" like Dye.

Say Konerko and Thome go on the 15 day DL and Crede has to bat cleanup. I think he'd struggle A LOT MORE than Dye in that situation. Crede really benefits from the 3-4-5 ahead of him, the pitchers are spent mentally by the time they get to Joe. He's still awesome- this IS like picking between your two kids.

Baby Fisk
08-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Crede gets the edge because of the defence, but each one is capable of winning a game with one swing of the bat. For that, they are both awesome.

I've noticed this year that commentators for other teams have begun talking up Crede as a potential gold glove winner, and Dye as living up to his MVP potential. Folks are taking notice.