PDA

View Full Version : Nardi-On Dan Wright

duke of dorwood
02-20-2002, 09:30 AM
Pitching coach Nardi Contreras came up with a novel approach to Wright's first-inning blues last summer—try to make it more like his second inning.

"We'd give him a couple innings in the bullpen before starts so it would be like two warmups," Contreras said. "Warmed him up like normal, sat him down, and then warmed him up again, like this was your first inning. … Sometimes it'd work. Sometimes it didn't."

Contreras can't explain why Wright struggled early in so many starts, but he discounted rookie jitters.

HE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE.

:firenardi

RedPinStripes
02-20-2002, 09:59 AM
There goes Nardi thinking again. It never works. I hope he stays away from the mound so pitchers don't have to hear whatever it is he has to say that makes them give up he big hit after he leaves.

CubKilla
02-20-2002, 12:23 PM
:nardi

"I thought this up ALL by myself. Call me Zen-master Nardi. To pitch well in the first inning, one has to approach it like the second."

RedPinStripes
02-20-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow

"I thought this up ALL by myself. Call me Zen-master Nardi. To pitch well in the first inning, one has to approach it like the second."

"I'm going to have another Gyro and think about this some more"

foulkesfan11
02-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Nardi Blows! Anyone who wears his long sleeved coat on the field when it's 80 something degrees has to have some screws loose!