PDA

View Full Version : Omar Vizquel has gone mad...

Pete_SSAC
02-20-2002, 12:45 AM
Poor, poor man. (http://wwww.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news_story.jsp?article_id=mlb_20020219_vizquel _news&team_id=mlb)

"With the type of year Alomar and Gonzalez were having, there was no reason to run," Vizquel said. "I'm really going to push that aspect this year."

Yeah, right, try again.

"Before, I think we were pretty much ahead of everybody, but this year everybody is pretty much even," Vizquel said.

*cough*nochanceinhellyou'llbeabovethirdplace*cough *

- Pete

cheeses_h_rice
02-20-2002, 10:09 AM
Did you read this particular factoid about Ricky Gutierrez from that article?

In 964 games in the Majors, Gutierrez has played only 27 games at second base.

Methinks that famed Cle DP combo will be just a tad rusty this year, how 'bout you?

Meatpants
02-20-2002, 10:53 AM
I'm still more afraid of Cleveland than the Twins. The Indians SP is much better than ours or the Twins, and that should keep them in most games.

If we had Finley, Sabathia, Wright, Nagy, and Colon we'd be WS bound.

MattSharp
02-20-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Meatpants
I'm still more afraid of Cleveland than the Twins. The Indians SP is much better than ours or the Twins, and that should keep them in most games.

WHAT??????

Maybe Sabathia, Colon, Finley is better 1-3, but as a whole I would take Twins Radke, Milton, Mayes, Reed.

I guess maybe better, but not MUCH better?

RedPinStripes
02-20-2002, 11:40 AM

Why? The Sox have won the season series for the past 2 years. Now they're weaker. The team that might be a pain in the ass is The Twinkies.

Pete_SSAC
02-20-2002, 01:44 PM

I'll give you Colon and CC, but FINELY?! He should takes notes from Tap and GIVE IT UP. It's just getting sad when he pitches. Not to mention Nady is coming back from injury, so no improvement there, and Wright is in questionable health. It's not like this is a GREAT and scary pitching staff here.

- Pete, who's more afraid of newborn puppies than the Tribe this season.

Foulke You
02-20-2002, 04:32 PM
I would take Radke and Milton over Colon-blow and Sabathia. I think the Twinks will be tougher on us than Cleveland but we shall see.

Vizquel is a moron. Watch his numbers shrink like a stack of dimes now that he doesn't have Lofton, Alomar, and Juan Gone batting around him.

Nellie_Fox
02-20-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Maybe Sabathia, Colon, Finley is better 1-3, but as a whole I would take Twins Radke, Milton, Mayes, Reed.
Reed (http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/teams/twins/) has exercised his right to demand a trade. If he isn't traded he will become a free agent

foulkesfan11
02-20-2002, 05:55 PM
I agree with "Foulke You". Vizquel is a MORON. Cleveland's gonna choke this year!

:indianslose

ma-gaga
02-21-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

Reed (http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/teams/twins/) has exercised his right to demand a trade. If he isn't traded he will become a free agent

I've heard, and read in passing that Reed also says he wants to stay and that he wants to "redo" his contract. What that means I have no idea. Twins president says he won't defer money.

Whatever, he's in spring training with the Twinkies now. I'll try to find a SOLID link... Right now, you are correct, he'll be a free agent if they don't work something out.

ma-gaga
02-21-2002, 12:17 AM
Here it is. Straight from the horses mouth... (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/1630387.html)