PDA

View Full Version : Lead-off '03

Chisox_cali
02-19-2002, 09:48 PM
I was just thinking about who would leadoff in 2003? The most obvious choice, assuming Ray-Ray is gone as well as Lofton, would be Harris but unless he's leading off from a position in the OF that pushes Hummel right back to AAA or traded. Harris may be better on D but Hummel's bat is what I like so I'm torn. If the OF remains the "Power Group"(LTP,Caballo,Maggs) and Hummel gets the 2B job over Harris who then would lead off. Manos? What do you guys think?

Daver
02-19-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I was just thinking about who would leadoff in 2003? The most obvious choice, assuming Ray-Ray is gone as well as Lofton, would be Harris but unless he's leading off from a position in the OF that pushes Hummel right back to AAA or traded. Harris may be better on D but Hummel's bat is what I like so I'm torn. If the OF remains the "Power Group"(LTP,Caballo,Maggs) and Hummel gets the 2B job over Harris who then would lead off. Manos? What do you guys think?

I would like to see C.Lee gone,so that opens the possibility to having Rowand lead-off,though he is not a typical lead-off hitter type,he has the patience at the plate to work a count,and will only improve with experience.

Chisox_cali
02-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by daver

I would like to see C.Lee gone,so that opens the possibility to having Rowand lead-off,though he is not a typical lead-off hitter type,he has the patience at the plate to work a count,and will only improve with experience.

So who's at second in the Rowand lead-off situation?

Daver
02-19-2002, 10:00 PM

So who's at second in the Rowand lead-off situation?

Depends on what happens to Durham.If he is gone do they want defense?If so then it will be Harris.If they want a hitter there it will be Hummel.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

Chisox_cali
02-19-2002, 10:00 PM
Ideally with CLee gone here's how I would have the Line-up:

OF Willie Harris
2B Tim Hummel
DH Frank Thomas
OF Magglio Ordonez
1B Paul Konerko
OF Joe Borchard
SS Jose Valentin
3B Joe Crede
C MJ/Olivo/Evans

The OF situation would have to be dealt with, which is why I left it as just "OF" and not "RF,LF,CF" The other thing could be Hummel and Valentin switching spots depending on how Hummel is.

Daver
02-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Ideally with CLee gone here's how I would have the Line-up:

OF Willie Harris
2B Tim Hummel
DH Frank Thomas
OF Magglio Ordonez
1B Paul Konerko
OF Joe Borchard
SS Jose Valentin
3B Joe Crede
C MJ/Olivo/Evans

The OF situation would have to be dealt with, which is why I left it as just "OF" and not "RF,LF,CF" The other thing could be Hummel and Valentin switching spots depending on how Hummel is.

Harris is a better infeilder than he is an outfeilder,the Sox would be better served with Rowand out there.Don't hold your breath waiting to see Evans in an MLB uniform,it could prove fatal.

Chisox_cali
02-19-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by daver

Harris is a better infeilder than he is an outfeilder,the Sox would be better served with Rowand out there.Don't hold your breath waiting to see Evans in an MLB uniform,it could prove fatal.

It will also depend on if Hummel and Harris are both in AAA. If they are, it will be interesting to see where they play. Harris could work on playing the OF in AAA.

PANFIRECRACKER
02-20-2002, 03:54 PM

Maybe Erstad through free agency

RedPinStripes
02-20-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by PANFIRECRACKER

Maybe Erstad through free agency

Exactly! I'll bet they make a run at him. That would be perfect and stop many ????? about 2003.