PDA

View Full Version : pic of JB in Dodger blue

Chisox_cali
07-29-2001, 10:40 PM
http://dodgers.mlb.com/la/photo/ph_play_mugshot_110503.jpg

PutItOnTheBoard
07-30-2001, 01:41 AM
Jb pitched GREAT tonight. definitely good enough to get the win. Yeah, it is possible that it was due to the hitters being unfamiliar with him. But the fact remains he looked good out there. The Dodgers didn;t give him jack for run support. I was 'watching' his game on gamecast, while I was watching the Cubs on ESPN, rooting for the redbirds.

It hit me though, I'm going to miss JB. Call me an old softy, but I guess I have this problem; I actually get attached to these players I root for everyday.

FarWestChicago
07-30-2001, 01:45 AM
It hit me though, I'm going to miss JB. Call me an old softy, but I guess I have this problem; I actually get attached to these players I root for everyday.

I have the same problem.

Nellie_Fox
07-30-2001, 03:04 AM
Me too. Always have. Other than Albert Belle, I've always found it hard to dislike anyone in a White Sox uni.

Nellie_Fox
07-30-2001, 03:06 AM
Oh, wait. I forgot about Juan Agosto. Probably wasn't a bad guy, but man did he suck.

Mathew
07-30-2001, 03:17 AM
I can honestly say I hate Royce Clayton. His face drives me nuts. He is a whinning chump. I also hated George Bell Albert Belle and I pretty well hate Biddle. With the Exception of Belle and Satan uhhh Clayton they may be good people but they are killing me almost every day. When the Sox called up Leifer to replace Thomas I thought they were joking I think I always hated Leifer. I hated Matt Karchner too but only when he was the closer and would float knuckleballs to the bottom of the order. That's all for now but I'll think of more!

Jerry_Manuel
07-30-2001, 06:18 AM
I hated Matt Karchner too but only when he was the closer and would float knuckleballs to the bottom of the order.

:jon
Don't you love Matt Karchner now?
He did get you me.

DC Sox Fan
07-30-2001, 08:45 AM
Nellie- Juan Agosto is a huge call! The man couldn't retire his mother. I also disliked the other Bell, Jorge. He would tear into LaMont and always refer to him as "Geno". I thought that was funny as hell. I also never really liked Phil Bradley- anyone remember him? Got him from the O's at the end of '90 I believe and it was obvious he wasn't happy to be here. And of course I despised Joel Skinner, but that's mainly because Tony and Fergosi would play him instead of Pudge (If he was still around when Fergosi took over...)

Chisox353014
07-30-2001, 10:44 AM
I get attached to players as well. Sirotka was my favorite pitcher last year, and I was very po'd when we traded him. The only guys in Sox unis I couldn't stand: Clayton, David Wells, Albert Belle, Wil Cordero, Cory Snyder, Sham-ME (we traded Baines, my favorite player at the time for this guy?). I never really liked Steve Sax much either.

rmusacch
07-30-2001, 11:36 AM
When was Karchner ever the closer?

Daver
07-30-2001, 05:33 PM
I can honestly say that before Roids Clayton the only other player I truly wanted to pelt with rocks and garbage was Steve Sax,man I always wished he had a brother so that I could beat one of them to death with the other one.