PDA

View Full Version : Last Game of a Series

34rancher
08-07-2006, 08:38 PM
What is with the mental midget mentality of the boys since the All Star break? We are 1-7 in the last game of a series since the break. Yikes!:o:

Lip Man 1
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
For the season they are 17-19.

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
08-07-2006, 09:44 PM
Tonight, against the Angels, they managed to lose the first and the last game of the one-game series. :tongue:

34rancher
08-07-2006, 10:19 PM

Lip
Lip,
Any idea what the record was last year? This stat is why we are are not leading the Wild card by at least 5 games....Good find Lip.

batmanZoSo
08-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Lip,
Any idea what the record was last year? This stat is why we are are not leading the Wild card by at least 5 games....Good find Lip.

It's been that way for two years now. We began 05 going WWL, WWL, WWL and it's continued through, well, today. Even when we make up the third game months later, it's a loss.

It kind of proved itself last year when the team was fresh at the end (or maybe it just never hurt us), but this year the on-the-third-day-Ozzie-rested formula isn't gonna cut it because the competition is much stiffer. We led from the get-go, so we were able to **** around. I certainly hope we've seen the last of the getaway lineups for the year.

JB98
08-07-2006, 10:36 PM

Lip

7-9 when they win the first two games of a series and are trying to sweep. That includes losses to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Baltimore and the Cubs (twice).

Lip Man 1
08-08-2006, 12:13 AM
34 rancher:

In 2005 on 'getaway' day (i.e. the last game of any series, either 2, 3 or 4 games) the Sox were:

27-25 in the regular season.

I speculated that perhaps the reason the getaway record was so poor is because Ozzie likes to 'adjust' his roster on the last game of a series for some reason. (Even more then usual...)

If you are talking about 'sweeps' of any kind (either 2, 3 or 4 game series) in 2006, the Sox have swept the following clubs:

At Detroit, Kansas City, Minnesota, At Angels, Seattle, Oakland, At Cincinnati, St. Louis

The Sox have gone into the final game of a series and lost it preventing a sweep the following times:

At Cleveland, Cubs, Detroit, Cleveland, Houston, At Pittsburgh, At Cubs, At Baltimore, At Kansas City, At Toronto

Lip

rbeze09
08-09-2006, 02:20 AM
What is with the mental midget mentality of the boys since the All Star break? We are 1-7 in the last game of a series since the break. Yikes!:o:

i wouldnt call say mental midget mentality...i would say theyre just not getting the job done. You're right tho the sox need to put teams away in order to gain ground in this race