PDA

View Full Version : Who's our worst starter?

rowand33
08-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Just curious as to what people think.

MUsoxfan
08-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Buehrle's certainly doing a fine audition for this award

kittle42
08-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Can it be a three-way tie bewteen Buehrle, Vazquez, and Garcia? Each of them are quite fond of the 6+ inning, 5+ run outings.

delben91
08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
I keep saying the Sox' starters can't be this horrible forever. Several of them are really making a push to prove me wrong though.

Still, I believe that...3/5ths of our rotation won't pitch SIGNIFICANTLY worse than their career averages forever.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Buehrle's certainly doing a fine audition for this award

If Ozzie had taken him out, it could have been just 3 runs in 6 2/3. I hate it when Ozzie leaves a pitcher in, just to try to give the guy a chance to get the win by finishing the inning. That was a very poor decision today.

cws05champ
08-07-2006, 08:23 PM
If Ozzie had taken him out, it could have been just 3 runs in 6 2/3. I hate it when Ozzie leaves a pitcher in, just to try to give the guy a chance to get the win by finishing the inning. That was a very poor decision today.

I agree, those other three runs are on Ozzie!! Although the HP umpire is a complete moron tonight!

rdwj
08-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Right now? It's Buehrle - no question. He looks like a beaten man. I still think he'll come out of it, but right now, I hate seeing his name in the lineup.

Hitmen77
08-07-2006, 09:13 PM

I totally agree. Tonight we would have been in a good position to let Mark build on his last start. Ozzie should have pulled Mark after letting a baserunner on with 2 outs in the 7th. Though we were trailing at the time, it wasn't such a bad outing for Buehrle until that point. Not stellar (3 solo HRs), but not awful.

With already 2 outs in the 7th, I don't see a legitimate argument for "Ozzie is trying to save the bullpen".

If this is all a mental thing with Mark, now instead of building on 2 decent starts, we have to start all over with him facing the Tigers this weekend.

Frontman
08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I agree, those other three runs are on Ozzie!! Although the HP umpire is a complete moron tonight!

That ump did nothing to help Mark out. I was this close to dropping an "F" bomb with the 4th inning. That was horrible, MLB should review these guys work.

Front

buehrle4cy05
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
That ump did nothing to help Mark out. I was this close to dropping an "F" bomb with the 4th inning. That was horrible, MLB should review these guys work.

Front

I was in 518 and couldn't tell, but it sure seemed like the ump squeezed him. And when you're a guy like Buehrle who can't blow anybody away, you need a strike zone where the outside corner will be given to you. Didn't look like the ump was doing that, and them some.

Chips
08-07-2006, 09:42 PM
:threadsucks

spiffie
08-07-2006, 10:23 PM
I keep saying the Sox' starters can't be this horrible forever. Several of them are really making a push to prove me wrong though.

Still, I believe that...3/5ths of our rotation won't pitch SIGNIFICANTLY worse than their career averages forever.
Problem is will they snap out of it this year or next? Will we look back on Buehrle's career and say "What was up with his 2006 season?"

The Dude
08-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Just curious as to what people think.

You should use the public poll option if you wanted to know that!:tongue:

CRAW
08-07-2006, 10:50 PM
M. B. :(:

SouthSide_HitMen
08-07-2006, 10:58 PM
:threadsucks

I second that observation. (Sorry Louis - I had to do it)

:threadblows:

rowand33
08-07-2006, 11:15 PM
why does this thread suck or blow?

because al of our starters are playing up to their potential and this poll is unfair to them?

please

Chips
08-07-2006, 11:37 PM

because al of our starters are playing up to their potential and this poll is unfair to them?

please

I think it almost like asking a mother which one of her kids she loves the most. All of our starters are awesome, and by labeling one of them the worst has a very negative connotation.

Had this question been worded as such "Which of starters isn't preforming to his full potential?" or something along those lines, it might have been better.

Buehrle is just pitching bad lately, I have no idea what his problem is.

Freddy had a rough patch, he won 7 straight game to start the season after that loss vs Cleveland.

Garland is awesome,

Jose is awesome.

Vazquez went through a rough stretch. The guy has 10 wins and hopefully his next outings will be like the one he had on Saturday.

Chisox003
08-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Trust me, I know a sucky or blowy thread when I see one.

This included.

A little bit of sucky, a little bit of blowy, but no matter, bad nonetheless.

Chips
08-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Trust me, I know a sucky or blowy thread when I see one.

This included.

A little bit of sucky, a little bit of blowy, but no matter, bad nonetheless.
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4715&d=1155013517

Chisox003
08-08-2006, 12:51 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4715&d=1155013517
I put it in words, but Chips put it in art. Purple letters to boot.

Truly a masterpiece.

I want Mags back
08-08-2006, 08:59 AM
Buehrle is destroying in this poll, but do this after a bad Freddy outing, the results would be different

harwar
08-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Jaime Navarro was pretty bad ...

ode to veeck
08-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Who cares!?!

What a friggin dark cloud thread for chrissakes, not even worth reading past the title of the thread

gbergman
08-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Buerhle is the worst starter

TheDarkGundam
08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I put it in words, but Chips put it in art. Purple letters to boot.

Truly a masterpiece.
I should start putting my name on these pictures.
"This is a bad thread" is a TDG original (by that I mean, I took the head off of the This Thread Sucks guy and put it on Louis Armstrong's body).

buehrle4cy05
08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
I bet if there was a "this poll sucks" option, it would be leading now.

Dice
08-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Buehrle. And what's bad about it is according to him it's not his fault!

QuesTec is the reason why he's bad...no wait...the teams are using a infrared pen from center field to steal signals...no wait...there are scouts who are using Bible Code to read the pattern of pitches of Buehrle pithes in certain games...no wait...AW Forget it. All he know is....

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2006/02/18/vWYUxvHg.jpg
"It ain't my fault"

BadBobbyJenks
08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Why are we taking a poll on this???????

**** THIS POLL

QCIASOXFAN
08-08-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm sure if we took this poll in early May Garland would be in the lead.

The Immigrant
08-08-2006, 02:00 PM
I bet if there was a "this poll sucks" option, it would be leading now.

Nope, Buehrle would still be winning by a 3-1 ratio.

slobes
08-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm sure if we took this poll in early May Garland would be in the lead.

Which just goes to show how a ridiculous a poll like this can be. In May everyone d Garland, and right now he's the only reliable arm in the rotation. Starting pitchers can be the streakiest players in baseball, there's nothing that's saying Buehrle or Freddy can't bust out 6 straight wins or something. All 5 starters in our rotation have the talent to perform well; it's just the matter of them playing up to their potential and/or Ozzie leaving them in too long.

Fungo
08-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Problem is will they snap out of it this year or next? Will we look back on Buehrle's career and say "What was up with his 2006 season?"He was an All Star that year.

Ol' No. 2
08-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Where's the THIS POLL SUCKS choice?

Oh, yeah, and while I'm ranting, anyone who goes around spewing the "Buehrle has lost his last six straight decisions" blather should have their posting priviledges revoked for being too stupid to be a Sox fan. But the good news is there's plenty of room for you over at the Cubune, because that's their big story of the day. For the record, he pitched a superb game in his last start and LEFT WITH THE LEAD.

**end of rant**

SouthSide_HitMen
08-08-2006, 03:08 PM

Oh, yeah, and while I'm ranting, anyone who goes around spewing the "Buehrle has lost his last six straight decisions" blather should have their posting priviledges revoked for being too stupid to be a Sox fan. But the good news is there's plenty of room for you over at the Cubune, because that's their big story of the day. For the record, he pitched a superb game in his last start and LEFT WITH THE LEAD.

**end of rant**

No need to bring logic into this thread. :D:

When I think of Mark Buehrle, I think of a pitcher who sucks. :rolleyes:

I took the head off of the This Thread Sucks guy and put it on Louis Armstrong's body.

Perfect for threads which suck so bad that you don't want Louis Armstrong to venture into. :thumbsup:

miker
08-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Isn't this like asking which airline has the best food?

It doesn't matter as ALL of them start pitching better these next two months!

Shift
08-08-2006, 03:24 PM
That was easy.

Where's Minnie Me to recommend Ozuna taking the bump?

buehrle4cy05
08-08-2006, 03:31 PM
That was easy.

Where's Minnie Me to recommend Ozuna taking the bump?

I believe she has been banned...but that one thread was a classic. Mainly because it signaled the return of the Horsemaster.

rowand33
08-08-2006, 04:05 PM

**end of rant**

ok, I love Buehrle as much as the next guy, but wait a minute here...

anyone who says Buehrle has lost his last six straight decisions shuold be banned for being stupid?

how is that pointing that out stupid?

it's a fact

Buehrle's line since July 1st:

0-6 33.1 IP 40 ER 54 H 7 BB 17 K 11 HR 10.80 ERA 1.83 WHIP

how is pointing that out "stupid"?

now, the whole "**** Mark Buehrle! he can go to St. Louis for all I care" that's stupid. but I don't understand how pointing out how poorly he's pitching is "stupid"

I mean that's just ****ing ridiculous.

some of you people are so bias that even Hawk would get pissed off.

Shift
08-08-2006, 04:09 PM
buehrle4cy05 - That Minnie Me/Horsemaster Fred exchange was so fantastically dumb it was great. From time to time I wouldn't mind seeing another.

miker
08-08-2006, 04:10 PM
ok, I love Buehrle as much as the next guy, but wait a minute here...anyone who says Buehrle has lost his last six straight decisions should be banned for being stupid?

how is pointing that out "stupid"?...now, the whole "**** Mark Buehrle! he can go to St. Louis for all I care" that's stupid. but I don't understand how pointing out how poorly he's pitching is "stupid" I mean that's just ****ing ridiculous. Some of you people are so bias that even Hawk would get pissed off.
More "obvious" then stupid. Is Tim McCarver-quality analysis worthy of a banning?

If so, the mods might be a tad busy...

NardiWasHere
08-08-2006, 04:15 PM
How dare anyone point out MB's poor preformance!?!!?!?!?! He helped us win a world series. Yay! What me worry?

Its a legit quesiton......

Ol' No. 2
08-08-2006, 04:18 PM
ok, I love Buehrle as much as the next guy, but wait a minute here...

anyone who says Buehrle has lost his last six straight decisions shuold be banned for being stupid?

how is that pointing that out stupid?

it's a fact

Buehrle's line since July 1st:

0-6 33.1 IP 40 ER 54 H 7 BB 17 K 11 HR 10.80 ERA 1.83 WHIP

how is pointing that out "stupid"?

now, the whole "**** Mark Buehrle! he can go to St. Louis for all I care" that's stupid. but I don't understand how pointing out how poorly he's pitching is "stupid"

I mean that's just ****ing ridiculous.

some of you people are so bias that even Hawk would get pissed off.I don't for a second dispute that Buehrle hasn't been up to par lately. But counting only decisions while ignoring his previous start in which he pitched great and left the game with the lead, only to have the bullpen blow it is Cubune-level analysis.

chisoxfanatic
08-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Vazquez has been bad for all but a few starts the whole season, so you do the math.

rowand33
08-08-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't for a second dispute that Buehrle hasn't been up to par lately. But counting only decisions while ignoring his previous start in which he pitched great and left the game with the lead, only to have the bullpen blow it is Cubune-level analysis.

so counting only one no decision and ignoring 6 losses is considered intelligent analysis then?

IronFisk
08-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Navarro - he was so bad he'll top the list for another decade :redneck

Ol' No. 2
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
so counting only one no decision and ignoring 6 losses is considered intelligent analysis then?You haven't heard me running around yelling how great he is because of one game, have you? He obviously hasn't been up to par. I just like to see a little higher level of analysis than Cubune level, and blathering about six decisions in a row while ignoring his previous good game doesn't cut it.